Deeko's 2010 NFL Predictions!!!

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Sheep

Golden Member
Jun 13, 2006
I'd be ecstatic if the Bears won 9

As a Bears fan, I think they'll be lucky to win 6--4 or 5 is more realistic with their hard schedule and many offense issues that weren't adequately addressed in the offseason.

gimmewhitecastles

Golden Member
Mar 2, 2005
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/1395/injury-report-7

How's that for bias? Ross, Webster, and Phillips are already limping before the season starts. Still want to tell me NY is going to have a great year at secondary? Keep dreaming, it will barely be better than last year.

Last I checked Dallas also uses the 3-4. Why wouldn't Washington use it with arguably the best LBers in the NFL? The 3-4 is THE dominant defense if you have the right personnel for it:

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2010/4/28/1448538/the-cowboys-and-the-3-4-defense-a

Lol only Ross is iffy with an injury and they do have Terrell Thomas to replace him. Looks like everybody else is ready to go.

CB Corey Webster (groin): He fully practiced today. Expect him to be on Carolina's Steve Smith on Sunday, barring any setbacks this week.

S Kenny Phillips (knee): The training wheels are off. Phillips worked with the first team today and is on course to start Sunday.

And the Giants lit up the Cowboys "3-4" in both meetings last year.
Week 2 NYG,33-31
Week 12 NYG, 31-24

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Deeko just curious if you watched any of the redskins preseason.

Cooley was pretty much McNabb's favorite target while he was in there. Also the offensive line (as long as it stays healthy which is a big uh oh) will be pretty good and a huge upgrade.

yea their receiving core isn't that great, but then again they haven't had a great qb in a while so I think this year the receivers will step up for sure. they haven't really had an opportunity to shine in prior years, and just what I saw from the few first string drives in preseason, the skins passed more deep balls in preseason than they did all of last year.

so happy football is starting... and can't wait for the skins to whoop up on your cowgirls sunday night :)
You guys picked up my man Fast Willie Parker, if he stays healthy for a change, he will take a lot of pressure off of McNabb.

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
WHO-DEY!!!

What does this mean?
(3) Bengals over (2) Chargers – A tight game ends when Shawn Merriman fails to get to Phillip Rivers
They are on the same team and different sides of the ball.

gimmewhitecastles

Golden Member
Mar 2, 2005
WHO-DEY!!!

What does this mean?
(3) Bengals over (2) Chargers – A tight game ends when Shawn Merriman fails to get to Phillip Rivers

I think he meant Carson Palmer instead of Rivers since he picked the Bengals to win.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Lol only Ross is iffy with an injury and they do have Terrell Thomas to replace him. Looks like everybody else is ready to go.

CB Corey Webster (groin): He fully practiced today. Expect him to be on Carolina's Steve Smith on Sunday, barring any setbacks this week.

S Kenny Phillips (knee): The training wheels are off. Phillips worked with the first team today and is on course to start Sunday.

And the Giants lit up the Cowboys "3-4" in both meetings last year.
Week 2 NYG,33-31
Week 12 NYG, 31-24

You picked two games and I quoted seasonal statistics for every 3-4 team in the NFL. Guess which is more reliable? And why didn't you average in the Philly and Washington games for all NFC East teams which you claim the 3-4 cannot defend? I know why and it has to do with something we call "Magic Math".

The only teams who were on those top 7 defensive charts that didn't play 3-4 were Philly and Minnesota. And you know that half of the NFL plays 3-4 right? Packers just switched over.

My main point RE: Giants secondary is they're already on the list. Just because they can play doesn't meant they're 100%. Giants better hope that pass rush is gooooooooood.

Last edited:

gimmewhitecastles

Golden Member
Mar 2, 2005
You picked two games and I quoted seasonal statistics for every 3-4 teams in the NFL. Guess which is more reliable? And why didn't you average in the Philly and Washington games for all NFC East teams which you claim the 3-4 cannot defend? I know why and it has to do with something we call "Magic Math".

My main point RE: Giants secondary is they're already on the list. Just because they can play doesn't meant they're 100%.

I only picked the Cowboys because you used the Cowboys in your 3-4 argument. And maybe the top the defenses were 3-4 because, i dont know, they HAD the best personnel?

Looking at the top 3 defenses that were 3-4 from last year.
1. Jets - Revis, Scott, Jenkins, Harris.
2. Packers - Defensive MVP Woodson, B. Raji, Clay Matthews.
3. Ravens - R. Lewis, Ngata, Reed.

Hard to go wrong with those guys.
Surprisingly the number 4 defense overall, the Bengals, who don't really have any standout guys at all, run a 4-3.

Anyways enough talk. The NFC east is always going to be a tough fight. :D Hopefully, the Skins will actually join the party this year after going 0-6 in the division the year before.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
The most humble albeit deprived fans has got to be Cleveland. Art Modell hijacked their team to Baltimore and watched them win a Superbowl. They have loads of 1st round busts in Tim Couch, Brady Quinn, Courtney Brown, and others. The Drive, The Fumble, The Decision. Nuff said.

So true. On top of it all, they have to wake up each morning still living in and around Cleveland. :awe:

At least they still have LeBron in b-ball . . . (furious whispering ensues) . . . WHAT? Noooooooooooooooooo! :eek:

:biggrin:

....and they have to pull for an EXPANSION TEAM, no less. :sneaky:

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Way too much offensive talent to only win 4, that would be a huge disappointment.

I'm not drink the Ford cool-aid, their d-line has gotten a hell of a lot better, but when you look at how thin the lb core is and the secondary is horrible. On the flip side, the offence should be a lot better, the o-line is probably the best since they hired some idiot as gm. If Best stays healthy and a second WR appears there could be a lot of high scoring games.

6-10 maybe better if some major injuries in NFC North happen

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Umm... he got cut.
Thanks. I did not see that, and it happened almost a week ago. I agree with what someone else said "Should've turfed Portis instead. He's been washed up for awhile."

Hope Willie finds a home, he can light you up when he is healthy. Perhaps he has physical problems that won't go away?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Hope Willie finds a home, he can light you up when he is healthy. Perhaps he has physical problems that won't go away?

A result of all the surprise buttsex one is expected to receive during their tenure in the UNC locker room. Just comes with the territory. :\

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
WHO-DEY!!!

What does this mean?

Hahah...no...Palmer gets injured and Rivers defects!

Good catch. Its a long writeup, mistakes are bound to occur ;)

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
More or less this. My hat's off to Deeko for taking the time and having the balls, year in and year out, to do this.

It's a great platform that all the rest of us trash talkers and ace prognosticators use but seldom fully acknowledge for our ensuing fun and games, hurt feelings and touching reconciliations!

Deeko, this beer's for you! :thumbsup:

Thanks fellas.

phreaqe

Golden Member
Mar 22, 2004
Thanks for posting this Deeko. I look forward to this thread every year. Don't let the haters stop you. The majority of us love this and don't care that you like the cowboys, i will openly admit to be biased for the Packers and i think most people would admit to being biased for there home team. No shame in it whatsoever.

All that being said, i took great joy in the game outcome last night. Especially when Brett through the int and got hit hard. The wincing on his face was great. Kind of like a "man i should have stayed home" kind of look. I don't think either team looked that great but being the first game of the season i wont put to much stock in it.

phreaqe

Golden Member
Mar 22, 2004
In reading some of the commentary this morning it is starting to sound like the vikings are a bit whiny. They are making comments about how they were held or there should have been calls on certain plays. Brad Childress especially just seems more and more like a little baby.

rasczak

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
I will be ecstatic if the Eagles actually do finish 8-8, because of their killer schedule and because, unlike so many others, I don't think Kevin "3 full NFL games" Kolb has established himself as anything, let alone a winning NFL QB.

You're right, Deeko (and others), the stupider Eagles fans who were so down on McNabb may finally realize what they had all these years.

I have to agree. Jettisoning Mcnabb for Kolb was a mistake that the eagles and most eagles fans will regret dearly. I hope Mcnabb has a great year on beloved patriot land.

GO BOLTS!

I am sad however that the Bears are going to stink it up again this year. Until they fix that O-Line and get a good receiver, Cutler is going to feel the pain all year long.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
In reading some of the commentary this morning it is starting to sound like the vikings are a bit whiny. They are making comments about how they were held or there should have been calls on certain plays. Brad Childress especially just seems more and more like a little baby.

They might be, but New Orleans got away with quite a bit in the NFC Championship and the refs missed an obvious hold on the Vilma interception.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Skins over Boys ... Sunday Night..

A friend of mine has been texting me all morning about how he thinks the Redskins are going a minimum of 10-6 if McNabb is healthy.

That....seems a bit much if you ask me.

T

Tim

They might be, but New Orleans got away with quite a bit in the NFC Championship and the refs missed an obvious hold on the Vilma interception.

Ref's miss a lot of things on both sides of the ball all of the time. They are only human, and can only see so many things at one time. It's a part of the game. I saw a blatant facemask on a Vikings O-lineman that wasn't called during their only touchdown drive, but that doesn't matter. Want to know why? Because the only thing that matters in the end is the score, and that score was 14-9, which is a "W" for the Saints. The Vikings had opportunies to win BOTH games, and failed to do so. To sit there and blame as much as possible on bad calls is simply a butt-hurt organization and a butt-hurt fan base trying to point the finger every which way instead of at their own deficiencies.

All seriousness aside now... TWO DAT!

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Thanks. I did not see that, and it happened almost a week ago. I agree with what someone else said "Should've turfed Portis instead. He's been washed up for awhile."

Nah Portis had a very good preseason and has his burst back. He's easily a top 3 blocking back too; he's indispensable especially with an average O-Line. Plus he said he's back mentally after blaming Zorn and last year's O-Line for his crappiness. If he can get 1000 total yards this year it would be great.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001

Yup, lots of whining. They lost, plain and simple.

More whining:
http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/backpage/back_page_giants_need_jacobs_and_T9zpbNoH7k0RuEOySj5uyN

Brandon Jacobs needs to man the fck up.