Deeko's 2010 NFL Predictions!!!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Regarding bias. As I posted in the other thread:

2006: Cowboys lose in the superbowl
2007: Cowboys lose in the superbowl
2008: Cowboys win the superbowl
2009: Cowboys lose in the nfc championship
2010: Cowboys lose in the superbowl

In this time span they have won exactly one playoff game. Just admit your bias already.

Reading comprehension is really not your strong point. Please brush up on it before posting again.

dfuze

Lifer
Feb 15, 2006
4 wins for the Lions? That's awefully generous. Any time they seem to get some decent quality players they trade them away.

Sentrosi2121

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2004
Take this to the bank: The Bears WILL finish last place in the NFC North. I honestly see Detroit making it to .500 this year (as posted in another prediction thread). AND I'm making this prediction of sound mind and body. No Lion fan is holding a knife at my throat either.

But the Packers will make it to the NFC Championship game this year, if healthy. I have a bad feeling about this year. Everytime I hear the Pack winning it all, all I see is Rodgers breaking his leg Theisman style....

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Take this to the bank: The Bears WILL finish last place in the NFC North. I honestly see Detroit making it to .500 this year (as posted in another prediction thread). AND I'm making this prediction of sound mind and body. No Lion fan is holding a knife at my throat either.

But the Packers will make it to the NFC Championship game this year, if healthy. I have a bad feeling about this year. Everytime I hear the Pack winning it all, all I see is Rodgers breaking his leg Theisman style....[/QUOTE]

I dont know where you are located, but I assure you, if that happens you will hear my screams of terror.

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
I will be ecstatic if the Eagles actually do finish 8-8, because of their killer schedule and because, unlike so many others, I don't think Kevin "3 full NFL games" Kolb has established himself as anything, let alone a winning NFL QB.

You're right, Deeko (and others), the stupider Eagles fans who were so down on McNabb may finally realize what they had all these years.

I've always liked mcnabb, but I was glad when they got rid of him, for the sole reason that I got sick of every season ending the same way: playing like shit and losing with that god damn shit-eating grin on his face. The playoff loss to the cowboys last year was the final straw and I had had it.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
That's the point...

Atleast we did not quit in the end. We fought all the way and didn't wuss out in the final season game. ():)

And in the process, ran up scores needlessly. Led by:

5A2213F4A84386B9C626F9B72FAA7B.jpg

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
Reading comprehension is really not your strong point. Please brush up on it before posting again.

I didn't read any of the bullshit in your OP. I just skipped to the end where you predictably predicted the cowboys in the superbowl.

I think next year I'll do a Deeko's predictions prediction thread. Should be pretty easy.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Regarding bias. As I posted in the other thread:

2006: Cowboys lose in the superbowl
2007: Cowboys lose in the superbowl
2008: Cowboys win the superbowl
2009: Cowboys lose in the nfc championship
2010: Cowboys lose in the superbowl

In this time span they have won exactly one playoff game. Just admit your bias already.

eh? what's the point of admitting bias? Everyone knows Deeko is a cowboy through-and-through. what does his admitting bias have to do with anything?

If you look at the analysts and sportscasters of the previous years, they're all pretty gay on the Cowboys going into every season, too. Deeko's picks aren't ever that unusual in the same type of atmosphere. So what if his allegiance colors some of his picks. It's a fucking game.

I fucking hate the cowboys to my very core, yet I don't get all hot and bothered by picks that in the end, are completely meaningless.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
That's the point...

Atleast we did not quit in the end. We fought all the way and didn't wuss out in the final season game. ():)

that game didn't really matter, did it?

There was another game, a few weeks later...that was a wee bit more important than the final season game. They should have cared more about winning that one, methinks.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Giants secondary and the defense in general was riddled with injuries last season. They are all healthy now and they safety duo of Rolle and Phillips is formidable.

The only question marks on the Giants is the effectiveness of the aging o-line and if Bradshaw/Jacobs can carry the load on the running game. I wouldn't be surprised if the Giants steal this division. In fact they swept the cowboys if I recall correctly. :cool:

The Skins have plenty of question marks. They still have the same o-line that couldn't keep Cambell upright. their running backs are old, their receivers are old and haynesworth will be a distraction.

Ok, where to begin. I'll just put up some links for you to digest. First, the Giants secondary is anything but good... quoting a shtty safety (Rolle) and an average one (Phillips) is hardly any evidence. In fact, they're ranked dead last in the NFC East by sites like dcprosportsreport.com:
http://dcprosportsreport.com/2010/09/04/battle-of-the-nfc-east-secondary/
The Giants secondary was devastated by injuries last season and the depth couldn’t hold up. The result was a complete fiasco, as the secondary turned into the Pearl Harbor Crew and the New York defense crumbled and fell from the league’s elite. CB Terrell Thomas was the only member of the secondary who played well last year, leading the team in interceptions, passes defensed and tackles. He did this while starter Aaron Ross was injured. The result for this season is that Thomas is now the starter and Ross is now his backup. The other cornerback is Corey Webster, who also got hurt last year, but he wasn’t playing very well anyway. Webster has been a very good player in the recent past, though, so the Giants must hope he returns to that level immediately. Webster isn’t a particularly good zone defender, though, so defensive coordinator Perry Fewell must watch out for that. CC Brown remains on the roster as a backup, which is where he must remain. Brown was forced to play too much in 2009 and it was a disaster as one team after another victimized him for tons of yards and touchdowns.

The safeties are Kenny Phillips and Antrell Rolle, a free agent acquisition. Rolle was terrible in Arizona last year so it will be up to Rolle and the coaching staff to prove he’s got something left. Deon Grant, another free agent, is a decent player, but at 31 is not getting any better and he might be getting more injury-prone. Grant will provide the main depth for the safety position.

Next, the Skins most certainly don't have the same O-Line and are improved from last year. Did you watch the draft and see pick #4? Dcpro ranks them 3rd ahead of Philly:
http://dcprosportsreport.com/2010/09/03/battle-of-the-nfc-east-offensive-line/

The Redskins offensive line looked solid with the starters last year, but the depth was questionable. As it turned out, the disaster threatening the Giants and the Cowboys struck Washington last season — experienced and quality starters go down with injury and their inferior replacements drag the entire offense down with them. LT Chris Samuels and RG Randy Thomas both suffered serious injuries early in 2009 and never played again. Chronically mismanaged by owner Dan Snyder and GM Vinny Cerrato, the team was completely unprepared and had no decent replacements for either player. That was incredibly negligent considering the age of both players and the fact that Thomas, in particular, had become quite injury-prone.

The Redskins responded by signing RG/T Artis Hicks, drafting LT Trent Williams with the 4th overall pick in the draft and trading for RT Jammal Brown, a Pro Bowler in New Orleans who missed all of last season with a hip injury. With three new starters along the offensive line for 2010, continuity issues are sure to arise this season and Williams is only a rookie and likely to make rookie mistakes. Holdovers: C Casey Rabach and LG Derrick Dockery are both serviceable players, but nothing more. Both Rabach and Dockery are on the wrong side of 30 and must be considered prime bait for the injury bug.

The Redskins have had a bit of luck, however: the line has largely escaped injury during the offseason. Brown struggled a bit with his previous injury, but has come back and looked good in most of the preseason. Williams got schooled a bit by sack-master Terrell Suggs in the second preseason game, but has otherwise looked solid and defied his reputation by working and studying hard. Hicks is a very nice addition who has stayed healthy and is capable of filling in at either guard position or right tackle should the need arise. Rabach and Dockery have both been solid and healthy. The depth behind the starters is unproven and inexperienced so injuries would be a real problem. Unlike their division rivals, though, the Redskins offensive line has some continuity, health and momentum going into the regular season. If they can stay healthy the Redskins line should vault from bottom of the NFL to middle of the pack. If the preseason is a mirage and injuries mount up during the regular season, Washington will lose 10 games or more again.

I do agree that the Skins have nothing at RB if Portis goes down. Nothing at WR either aside from Moss although Anthony Armstrong did have a great preseason and Cooley a good one. Nobody gives a sht about Haynesworth because they play a 3-4 with arguably the best LB Corps in the NFL and are trying to move him right now.

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
eh? what's the point of admitting bias? Everyone knows Deeko is a cowboy through-and-through. what does his admitting bias have to do with anything?

If you look at the analysts and sportscasters of the previous years, they're all pretty gay on the Cowboys going into every season, too. Deeko's picks aren't ever that unusual in the same type of atmosphere. So what if his allegiance colors some of his picks. It's a fucking game.

I fucking hate the cowboys to my very core, yet I don't get all hot and bothered by picks that in the end, are completely meaningless.

It's just annoying to hear the same basic crap year after year.

On a related note, I haven't watched sports analyst tv shows for years, because I cannot stand the crap they come up with constantly.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

On a related note, I haven't watched sports analyst tv shows for years, because I cannot stand the crap they come up with constantly.

yeah, I really can't watch sportscenter anymore. Once I realized that 98% of "sports journalism" was just a bunch of meatheads blabbing on about self-important BS and following thin, superficial stores that really don't mean anything, I mostly tuned out. :\

I pay attention early on in the season to help out with my fantasy picks, I guess. :D

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
that game didn't really matter, did it?

There was another game, a few weeks later...that was a wee bit more important than the final season game. They should have cared more about winning that one, methinks.

so, it's alright to throw away a game just because it did not matter? The Pats get grief for not finishing 19-0 when the Colts would have ended up the same way if they did not quit in the last game?

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
I've always liked mcnabb, but I was glad when they got rid of him, for the sole reason that I got sick of every season ending the same way: playing like shit and losing with that god damn shit-eating grin on his face. The playoff loss to the cowboys last year was the final straw and I had had it.

1. What kind of year do you think Kevin Kolb is going to have?

2. In succeeding years, do you think Kevin Kolb will ever take the Eagles to the post season?

Look, as soon as the Eagles had decided to go young and re-build, it probably was time to send McNabb packing, too, this I admit.

But . . . elite QB's don't grow on trees and the chances of Kevin Kolb becoming an elite QB are iffy, at best.

Regular fans and even pundits have been talking about him like he's actually done something in this league, which he hasn't, not really, not yet.

Hey, remember how good AJ Feeley looked in a 5-6 game stretch that was longer than anything dear Kevin has gone through yet? Remind me, where is AJ now? :awe:

For me, the jury is still out on Kolb, as in WAY out.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000

If you don't like hearing people analyze sports - why do you post with your panties in a wad about every one of my NFL analysis threads? Its like you're a masochist just asking for pain. If you don't like the thread, don't read in.

Yes, he doesn't quite get it. I pick Dallas to be good - and guess what! They are, even if not as good as I expected. I've also openly admitted to being biased in every thread, so I don't get why he thinks "calling me out" is necessary. If he'd learned to read, he'd have seen that I'd already done so.

And your last point is the biggest one - its laughable when immature brats like Kev get so upset over someone else's NFL predictions. Who really cares? I like to talk about football. This is a good way to do it. What's the problem?

zebano

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2005
Pretty much how I predict the Vikings season to go. I was hoping we were the mystery team that was attempting to get V-Jax from SD, but it seems like that has all fallen apart now anyway.

I actually do not think the Bengals is such a crazy pick, they seem decent to me. Some good additions on offense and I think the defense will be good. All sort of rests on Palmer now.

KT

Don't start doubting now! Our D-Line is gonna lay Brees on his back while AD carries the load offensively tonight. 24-17 Vikes and only that close because the Aint's get a TD in garbage time. The Favre will be able to sit back and watch AD and ease into this season.

Sentrosi2121

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2004
I like the fact that Deek's makes his predictions. It offers great conversation to the football season. Just seems that a number of people here would probably fight Deeko in a bar if he bumped into them. Your opinion is probably different than Deek's. That doesn't mean you have to jump his shit everytime he mentions the Cowboy's.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
so, it's alright to throw away a game just because it did not matter? The Pats get grief for not finishing 19-0 when the Colts would have ended up the same way if they did not quit in the last game?

Ifs, Ifs, Ifs. You can't be 100% the Colts would've won the last two. :)

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Don't start doubting now! Our D-Line is gonna lay Brees on his back while AD carries the load offensively tonight. 24-17 Vikes and only that close because the Aint's get a TD in garbage time. The Favre will be able to sit back and watch AD and ease into this season.

Well I do feel a bit better after listening to AP on the DP show, he's fired up. :awe:

KT

gimmewhitecastles

Golden Member
Mar 2, 2005
Ok, where to begin. I'll just put up some links for you to digest. First, the Giants secondary is anything but good... quoting a shtty safety (Rolle) and an average one (Phillips) is hardly any evidence. In fact, they're ranked dead last in the NFC East by sites like dcprosportsreport.com:
http://dcprosportsreport.com/2010/09/04/battle-of-the-nfc-east-secondary/

Lol. You trying to shove DC bias sites down my throat? Trent Williams is a rookie and will play like one this season. I'm not saying he won't develop into a quality LT but you have to account for the learning curve.

You think your 3-4 is going to stop any of the other NFC east teams? NYG, DAL, and PHI all have deep receiving corps. The 3-4 is designed to stop the run. The NFC east are all passing teams now, except for the Skins lol.