Deeko's 2010 NFL Predictions!!!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Shlong

Diamond Member
Mar 14, 2002
Before Michael Turner got hurt, he was on pace for a 1267 yard 15 TD season. I expect him to put up big numbers this year.

The biggest problems with the Falcons last year was injury (Matt Ryan missing 4 games) and the secondary, still won around 9 games. With an easier schedule and a better secondary (Dunta Robinson), the Falcons should win around 11-12 games.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Yeah that was awesome. I'm no Pats fan, except for Moss, but that was fun to watch. A shame they didn't finish it all off.

KT

The season was so fun to see - watch every team in the league get lit up, and the more they whined, the worse it got.

zebano

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2005
1. What kind of year do you think Kevin Kolb is going to have?

2. In succeeding years, do you think Kevin Kolb will ever take the Eagles to the post season?

Look, as soon as the Eagles had decided to go young and re-build, it probably was time to send McNabb packing, too, this I admit.

But . . . elite QB's don't grow on trees and the chances of Kevin Kolb becoming an elite QB are iffy, at best.

Regular fans and even pundits have been talking about him like he's actually done something in this league, which he hasn't, not really, not yet.

Hey, remember how good AJ Feeley looked in a 5-6 game stretch that was longer than anything dear Kevin has gone through yet? Remind me, where is AJ now? :awe:

For me, the jury is still out on Kolb, as in WAY out.

1. 20 TDs, 17 INTs, 62% completion rate. He has some good receivers and a decent enough OLine but he will certainly have to adjust to playing a full season as a starter and taking his lumps.

2. Postseason? Absolutely in general I Reid drafts just well enough to stay a perpetual 9-7 team but the simple volatility of a 16 game season means that one of those will be 11-5 and they'll make the playoffs (hell they made it at 9-6-1 didn't they?).

3. He has done just enough to allow the Eagles to take a chance on him (which is a good PR move considering how little McNabb was liked)

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Before Michael Turner got hurt, he was on pace for a 1267 yard 15 TD season. I expect him to put up big numbers this year.

The biggest problems with the Falcons last year was injury (Matt Ryan missing 4 games) and the secondary, still won around 9 games. With an easier schedule and a better secondary (Dunta Robinson), the Falcons should win around 11-12 games.

The issue with Turner is that even when he's healthy, he's very hit or miss. He'll have a huge game followed by a tiny game. Not a lot of consistency.

gimmewhitecastles

Golden Member
Mar 2, 2005

2. In succeeding years, do you think Kevin Kolb will ever take the Eagles to the post season?

Look, as soon as the Eagles had decided to go young and re-build, it probably was time to send McNabb packing, too, this I admit.

But . . . elite QB's don't grow on trees and the chances of Kevin Kolb becoming an elite QB are iffy, at best.

Regular fans and even pundits have been talking about him like he's actually done something in this league, which he hasn't, not really, not yet.

Hey, remember how good AJ Feeley looked in a 5-6 game stretch that was longer than anything dear Kevin has gone through yet? Remind me, where is AJ now? :awe:

The track record for drafted QBs sitting on the bench for a couple years is pretty good actually. See Steve Young, Philip Rivers, Aaron Rodgers. Carson Palmer was good too until his knee got busted out in the playoff game against the Steelers.

Shlong

Diamond Member
Mar 14, 2002
The issue with Turner is that even when he's healthy, he's very hit or miss. He'll have a huge game followed by a tiny game. Not a lot of consistency.

TD wise, he's consistent... he'll give you at least 1 TD a week. Last year he had 3 monster games in a row and was running like he did in 2008 before the injury got him: http://www.nfl.com/players/michaelturner/gamelogs?id=TUR608668&season=2009

He admitted that he was out of shape to start off the 2009 season: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/jim_trotter/06/22/michael.turner/index.html but now he's in the best shape of his life.

zebano

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2005
Well I do feel a bit better after listening to AP on the DP show, he's fired up. :awe:

KT

Honestly, I'm a bit worried about our OLine since Sullivan basically hasn't practiced since week 1 of the preseason and the rest of the line didn't look good with him out (and I never know what to expect out of B. McKinney). That said I really really like what I've seen out of Camarillo, he reminds me a little bit of Welker (tough guy that runs over the middle and catches everything around him).

AD being fired up is good, but I really need to see our DLine fired up. With our injuries in the secondary we can't expect coverage sacks, we need to get after Brees with only the front four and do so effectively while still shutting down the run game. Thankfully if anyone in the league can do that it's Edwards, Williams, Williams and Allen.

The Beer is cold and the Wings go in the over when I get off of work!

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
The track record for drafted QBs sitting on the bench for a couple years is pretty good actually. See Steve Young, Philip Rivers, Aaron Rodgers. Carson Palmer was good too until his knee got busted out in the playoff game against the Steelers.

Just don't look at Matt Leinart ;)

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Hahahaha! Yeah.

We are the most humble group of fans in the league. Really, the only time I've trolled the Boston Globe's sports forum was when the Pats lost SB42. :awe:

The Indy Star articles are trolled every week by Pats fans (mainly) and the 2 remaining Jags fans.

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
We are the most humble group of fans in the league. Really, the only time I've trolled the Boston Globe's sports forum was when the Pats lost SB42. :awe:

The Indy Star articles are trolled every week by Pats fans (mainly) and the 2 remaining Jags fans.

LOL...you really are jaded.

gimmewhitecastles

Golden Member
Mar 2, 2005
Just don't look at Matt Leinart ;)

He did take over starter duties in his rookie season actually. And then started the next season as starter. So mentally he stopped taking tutelage from Warner because in his head he was already the man.

If there is a scrub in the bunch it would be Brady Quinn. Although getting tutelage from Derek Anderson is not quite the same as Joe Montana lol.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006

I'm not buying that one. :p

mesthead21

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2004
Don't start doubting now! Our D-Line is gonna lay Brees on his back while AD carries the load offensively tonight. 24-17 Vikes and only that close because the Aint's get a TD in garbage time. The Favre will be able to sit back and watch AD and ease into this season.

This. I'm hoping this is going to be ADs year and not Favre's.

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001

I don't really know what to expect from Kolb this year, I definitely think he has enough weapons to be successful. But the schedule is brutal so I think the playoffs are out of the question.

Maybe we'll have the next Aaron Rogders on our hands. A guy can hope. I just hope it's not the next Ty Detmer.

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
If you don't like hearing people analyze sports - why do you post with your panties in a wad about every one of my NFL analysis threads? Its like you're a masochist just asking for pain. If you don't like the thread, don't read in.

Yes, he doesn't quite get it. I pick Dallas to be good - and guess what! They are, even if not as good as I expected. I've also openly admitted to being biased in every thread, so I don't get why he thinks "calling me out" is necessary. If he'd learned to read, he'd have seen that I'd already done so.

And your last point is the biggest one - its laughable when immature brats like Kev get so upset over someone else's NFL predictions. Who really cares? I like to talk about football. This is a good way to do it. What's the problem?

OK for the love of god, I get it, you admit you're biased. I acknowledge that. Thank you.

Now this immature brat/masochist has to go get his panties out of a wad and the sand out of his vagina and learn how to read.

Last edited:

gimmewhitecastles

Golden Member
Mar 2, 2005

The most humble albeit deprived fans has got to be Cleveland. Art Modell hijacked their team to Baltimore and watched them win a Superbowl. They have loads of 1st round busts in Tim Couch, Brady Quinn, Courtney Brown, and others. The Drive, The Fumble, The Decision. Nuff said.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Whew. This is a big step for you! Congrats. You'll get there, sport.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Eat a dick, sport.

Poor widdle Kev. I'll keep a lookout for the next time these are on sale for you.

no-more-tears.jpg

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
I like the fact that Deek's makes his predictions. It offers great conversation to the football season. Just seems that a number of people here would probably fight Deeko in a bar if he bumped into them. Your opinion is probably different than Deek's. That doesn't mean you have to jump his shit everytime he mentions the Cowboy's.

More or less this. My hat's off to Deeko for taking the time and having the balls, year in and year out, to do this.

It's a great platform that all the rest of us trash talkers and ace prognosticators use but seldom fully acknowledge for our ensuing fun and games, hurt feelings and touching reconciliations!

Deeko, this beer's for you! :thumbsup:

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
The most humble albeit deprived fans has got to be Cleveland. Art Modell hijacked their team to Baltimore and watched them win a Superbowl. They have loads of 1st round busts in Tim Couch, Brady Quinn, Courtney Brown, and others. The Drive, The Fumble, The Decision. Nuff said.

So true. On top of it all, they have to wake up each morning still living in and around Cleveland. :awe:

At least they still have LeBron in b-ball . . . (furious whispering ensues) . . . WHAT? Noooooooooooooooooo! :eek:

:biggrin:

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Honestly, I'm a bit worried about our OLine since Sullivan basically hasn't practiced since week 1 of the preseason and the rest of the line didn't look good with him out (and I never know what to expect out of B. McKinney). That said I really really like what I've seen out of Camarillo, he reminds me a little bit of Welker (tough guy that runs over the middle and catches everything around him).

AD being fired up is good, but I really need to see our DLine fired up. With our injuries in the secondary we can't expect coverage sacks, we need to get after Brees with only the front four and do so effectively while still shutting down the run game. Thankfully if anyone in the league can do that it's Edwards, Williams, Williams and Allen.

The Beer is cold and the Wings go in the over when I get off of work!

Don't forget about our now non-existant secondary (I doubt Griffin will be ready). D: Plus I just finished Simmons' week 1 column and it made me depressed.

Anyway, I'm still extremely excited to watch the game. Bring on the beer and nachos!

KT

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Lol. You trying to shove DC bias sites down my throat? Trent Williams is a rookie and will play like one this season. I'm not saying he won't develop into a quality LT but you have to account for the learning curve.

You think your 3-4 is going to stop any of the other NFC east teams? NYG, DAL, and PHI all have deep receiving corps. The 3-4 is designed to stop the run. The NFC east are all passing teams now, except for the Skins lol.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/1395/injury-report-7

How's that for bias? Ross, Webster, and Phillips are already limping before the season starts. Still want to tell me NY is going to have a great year at secondary? Keep dreaming, it will barely be better than last year.

Last I checked Dallas also uses the 3-4. Why wouldn't Washington use it with arguably the best LBers in the NFL? The 3-4 is THE dominant defense if you have the right personnel for it:

Last year, the 3-4 teams dominated the NFL top seven lists in most defensive categories. The top five scoring defenses in the league were 3-4 teams, as were the top three in yards allowed. [chart]

A similar picture emerges when looking at some of the defensive efficiency metrics, in this case yards allowed per play and yards allowed per point allowed (a 'bend but don't break' metric). In both cases, 3-4 defenses took five of the seven top spots last season.[chart]

And finally, in terms of sacks and 3rd down conversions allowed, the usual 3-4 suspects again dominate the top seven teams in the league.[chart]

The stats speak a clear language: The majority of top defenses in the NFL run a 3-4 defense. Perhaps that's because of the flexibility and unpredictability that arguably comes with the scheme. Perhaps the 3-4 is the better option against today's passing offenses. Perhaps it's because the scheme allows you to get better athletes onto the field. Perhaps it's as simple as the more successful defenses among the NFL teams jumping onto the bandwagon first.
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2010/4/28/1448538/the-cowboys-and-the-3-4-defense-a