Dearborn school district now offering students 100% Halal menu

Page 26 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JenniferA

Banned
Oct 7, 2019
Interesting first post you have.

What brought you to this thread?

Fish?

Actually it was another matter entirely that brought me to this forum in the first place. Greta Thunberg and the response of the people of America. I noted that you are all some version of Donald Trump on that issue, narcissistic and egotistical to the core while playing pretend you are so intelligent that you shouldn't have to listen to facts when they are presented by a source you consider inferior. You were one of the most vocal ones if I remember it correctly.

Personal attacks/insults will no longer be allowed in P&N.
admin allisolm

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 4, 2009
Fish?

Actually it was another matter entirely that brought me to this forum in the first place. Greta Thunberg and the response of the people of America. I noted that you are all some version of Donald Trump on that issue, narcissistic and egotistical to the core while playing pretend you are so intelligent that you shouldn't have to listen to facts when they are presented by a source you consider inferior. You were one of the most vocal ones if I remember it correctly.

Nah I’m the guy who didn’t like her accent and felt she was the wrong messenger

I’m still suspicious of your account but we will see soon enough.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Fish?

You seem to be a tad on the antagonist front there.

JenniferA

Banned
Oct 7, 2019
Nah I’m the guy who didn’t like her accent and felt she was the wrong messenger

I’m still suspicious of your account but we will see soon enough.

Sure, you didn't like a 16 year old not speaking a preferable accent in her second language. If that is all it takes to deflect from the message for you, that is on you.

Feb 4, 2009
Sure, you didn't like a 16 year old not speaking a preferable accent in her second language. If that is all it takes to deflect from the message for you, that is on you.

Yup didn’t like her accent and found her hard to follow. That’s an interesting 4th post.

JenniferA

Banned
Oct 7, 2019
You seem to be a tad on the antagonist front there.

Still pissed about how she was treated by the morons in the US that bought the Russian narrative that she has been "handled". I'm Swedish, she started this whole thing all by herself and refuses to have handlers, her mother is a world famous opera singer that tried to dissuade her and her advisers are two people trying to book her using her own message.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
It’s quite simple. A government entity is making an exclusive procurement decision of food based on religious criteria. The food does not need to be halal to meet USDA requirements.

If Tyson wanted to, they could sue, especially if their products meet or exceed USDA standards and at a lower cost to the district. From a seperation of church and state perspective, they would have a case.
That is a false and Misleading statement based on being paranoid about anything that if Muslim!
You know why Tyson’s could not sue?
Because this has nothing to do with religion or favoring Muslims!
A lot of people on these forums get all TRIGGERED when anything Muslim or religious is posted!
I cannot believe how butt hurt some people are—MUSLIM= TRIGGERED!!!

JenniferA

Banned
Oct 7, 2019
No, she assumes a lot that is not true and has a huge opinionated chip in her shoulder!!

I assumed nothing and went by the words used rather than an opinion. Jesus you people are all Donald Trump on different levels, aren't you? Here you are telling me that I'm an "opinionated" woman?

It's cute too because I'm quite possibly your elder and quite obviously your wiser.

Feb 4, 2009
I assumed nothing and went by the words used rather than an opinion. Jesus you people are all Donald Trump on different levels, aren't you? Here you are telling me that I'm an "opinionated" woman?

It's cute too because I'm quite possibly your elder and quite obviously your wiser.

At this point I recommend you stay on topic of this thread or go to the old Greta thread and post about Greta.
I’ve been here a long time and threads that go like yours is going typically don’t continue.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005

"You people"? Its a pretty varied bunch of people here. I dont think that I've ever interacted with you but you are happy to pull a "you people" thing on me?
Its really not the way to get a point across at all, unless your point is that you're an antagonistic arse that's just looking for an argument.

Reactions: JEDIYoda

JenniferA

Banned
Oct 7, 2019
At this point I recommend you stay on topic of this thread or go to the old Greta thread and post about Greta.
I’ve been here a long time and threads that go like yours is going typically don’t continue.

I tried, you drug me out of the topic by requesting that I'd defend my purpose for being here.

If you hadn't then none of this further conversation would have occurred. Of course, you will deny that happened as you an those like you always do even though it is as easy as to read back through the posts and realise that my first post was on point and you drug me out of that point by discussing my purpose for making a post in this forum.

JenniferA

Banned
Oct 7, 2019
"You people"? Its a pretty varied bunch of people here. I dont think that I've ever interacted with you but you are happy to pull a "you people" thing on me?
Its really not the way to get a point across at all, unless your point is that you're an antagonistic arse that's just looking for an argument.

I wrote a fairly long response to this but I previously committed to stay on topic so lets end this, shall we?

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

The main problem I have with halal meat is that it is not fair to people of other faiths
halal meat requires that certain mumbo reglious words be uttered before animal is killed and that the person who does it has to be Muslim. This means right away job opportunities are taken away from people of other faiths. This is extremely discriminatory
Apparently, you don't know what Kosher entails. It's about the same, and it's ubiquitous in the American food industry. Any complaints?

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Cool. So I'll just ask you a couple of questions if we are here then.

Do you believe that a recording playing in the background of a slaughterhouse changes a piece of meat?
Why would that recording make some meat not suitable for an atheist or Christian?
I covered this earlier in the thread. Playing music to meat doesn’t change the meat itself. Different religions simply mandate which song.

A school requiring one preference is by default validating the religious belief behind that preference.

By your logic, why can’t a Muslim eat a non-halal piece of meat if we agree that the song doesn’t change the meat itself.

Reactions: cirrrocco

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
That is a false and Misleading statement based on being paranoid about anything that if Muslim!
You know why Tyson’s could not sue?
Because this has nothing to do with religion or favoring Muslims!
A lot of people on these forums get all TRIGGERED when anything Muslim or religious is posted!
I cannot believe how butt hurt some people are—MUSLIM= TRIGGERED!!!
I’m calmer than you

JenniferA

Banned
Oct 7, 2019
I covered this earlier in the thread. Playing music to meat doesn’t change the meat itself. Different religions simply mandate which song.

A school requiring one preference is by default validating the religious belief behind that preference.

By your logic, why can’t a Muslim eat a non-halal piece of meat if we agree that the song doesn’t change the meat itself.

What you lack is the pragmatic thought on whether this is a good idea because of cost savings and ensuring good health in a school district. Does it fulfil that purpose?

I read your various protests and they are ridiculous, this is nothing akin to having a school official leading prayer or any of the sorts, this is not making Muslims out of people or forcing Islamic teachings on anyone, it's simply a cost effective way to feed school kids and that is what should be done, is it not?

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
So if you dont believe that the music is relevant why are you getting worked up over it?
Not necessarily. They are just recognising that this form of slaughter is acceptable to nearly everyone.
Because Muslims do believe that those words do change the meat.

Feb 4, 2009
I tried, you drug me out of the topic by requesting that I'd defend my purpose for being here.

If you hadn't then none of this further conversation would have occurred. Of course, you will deny that happened as you an those like you always do even though it is as easy as to read back through the posts and realise that my first post was on point and you drug me out of that point by discussing my purpose for making a post in this forum.

I agree just a tip. I will behave better

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Because Muslims do believe that those words do change the meat.
And this is why its a circular conversation. The separation of church and state means the state can reasonably accommodate but not exclusively endorse that belief.

The meat doesn’t change despite what anyone believes.