Citing no evidence, Trump claims illegals cost him pop vote

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Illegals cost Trump the popular vote? Illegal ballots or illegal immigrants? Given the context of Trump's public comments, your title is confusing and vague.

Multiple news sources refer to him saying "illegals". The context of his statements, based upon past similar statements, should be pretty clear to any one not trying to give him the benefit of incredibly unreasonable doubt.

Last edited:

vampirefo

Nov 30, 2014
Well legal voters cost, Hillary the election, I am proud to say I am one of them.

Last edited:

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
More distractions from the rodeo clown President. Meanwhile, what were his flunkies up to?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
More distractions from the rodeo clown President. Meanwhile, what were his flunkies up to?

indeed. I get the feeling that this is the strategy. King Dick does something shocking and completely meaningless every day, pulling media attention to his sideshow, meanwhile legislation passes through with zero scrutiny.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Princess Elsa needs to have a heart to heart with him for lessons in manning up.

Let-it-Go-Wallpaper-elsa-queen-frozen-38755400-1191-670.png

Reactions: jana519

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

Mostly fighting/backstabbing each other for his ear if some of the pieces are to be believed. Given that he seems to have just transplanted his campaign into the WH and not shifted gears I think it's probable.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
indeed. I get the feeling that this is the strategy. King Dick does something shocking and completely meaningless every day, pulling media attention to his sideshow, meanwhile legislation passes through with zero scrutiny.

I'm less convinced there is a strategy, just a somewhat repetitive pattern of chaos that can be mistaken for intent.

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
I don't doubt that some votes were cast illegally, claiming he lost the popular vote because of it is silly without facts to back it up. Which it seems like he doesn't have. He needs to let shit go, and stop making comments like this. Stay off twitter, be more presidential.

Reactions: Double Trouble

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I don't doubt that some votes were cast illegally, claiming he lost the popular vote because of it is silly without facts to back it up. Which it seems like he doesn't have. He needs to let shit go, and stop making comments like this. Stay off twitter, be more presidential.

It's not silly. It's like birtherism. Trump knows it's not true. He also knows that it will sell to the rubes.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Wow, the NYT with an extremely blunt headline. They had a softer one earlier but changed it.

Trump Repeats Lie About Popular Vote in Meeting With Lawmakers
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/23/us/politics/donald-trump-congress-democrats.html?_r=0

I'm glad that they are finally becoming more comfortable with calling a spade a spade as there is no reasonable way that he doesn't know what he said is false. The only defense would be that he's so utterly delusional that he believes easily, repeatedly disproven falsehoods on a regular basis and frankly that's way scarier than just a liar.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I'm glad that they are finally becoming more comfortable with calling a spade a spade as there is no reasonable way that he doesn't know what he said is false. The only defense would be that he's so utterly delusional that he believes easily, repeatedly disproven falsehoods on a regular basis and frankly that's way scarier than just a liar.

I'm going with delusional. Ultimately it makes him more dangerous but easier to remove from office. The latter is my hope.

Nov 30, 2006
Opinion is opinion and hypersensitive outrage is hypersensitive outrage. Obama stated his opinion without providing any basis in fact many, many times during his administration and the Left didn't seem to mind then. Double standard is double standard and hypocrisy is hypocrisy.

Reactions: vampirefo

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012

Trump and his team are simply laying groundwork how they are going to handle the media and the truth.

For example: If unemployment hits 10%, they will just have alternate facts that say it's now below 3%. If we enter two consecutive quarters of negative growth, they will say that the economy is growing more than ever. He will continue to discredit the media so he can use the media to his great advantage because they must report his lies, and the Trump supporter's hear the lies and most will believe them to be true. The fact that decent journalists from a media source Trump has labeled "fake news" will say "this is a lie" will actually reinforce the Trumpists' beliefs.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Opinion is opinion and hypersensitive outrage is hypersensitive outrage. Obama stated his opinion without providing any basis in fact many, many times during his administration and the Left didn't seem to mind then. Double standard is double standard and hypocrisy is hypocrisy.
^^ Another content-free post.

Reactions: jana519

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
What a stupid thing for Trump to say. Even more stupid is why he would discuss the popular vote at all. His obsession with meaningless crap is going to be his downfall if he keeps it up.