Citing no evidence, Trump claims illegals cost him pop vote

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-0826pm:homepage/story&utm_term=.0b18cb093649

Two people familiar with the meeting said Trump spent about 10 minutes at the top of the gathering with Republican and Democratic lawmakers rehashing the campaign. Trump also told them that between 3 million and 5 million illegal votes caused him to lose the popular vote.

He must have been provided some alternate facts by someone in his orbit. I can only assume Bannon would happily shovel this manure.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Donnie needs to pace himself. If he keeps churning out "alternate facts" at this rate, the majority of Americans are going to quickly dismiss everything he says as lies. (Me, I'm a quick study, I'm already there.) Like the boy who cried wolf, someday he may really need America to believe him, and we won't.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
That was fast. I just made two entries in my Donald J Trump bullshit thread 2 days ago. I have another one. Thanks OP

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Donnie needs to pace himself. If he keeps churning out "alternate facts" at this rate, the majority of Americans are going to quickly dismiss everything he says as lies. (Me, I'm a quick study, I'm already there.) Like the boy who cried wolf, someday he may really need America to believe him, and we won't.

The majority of Americans in a few select states should have come to this conclusion long before now.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
Who needs evidence when no names are mentioned right? "Two people familiar with the meeting" and "a third person familiar with the meeting". Did this article mention any names too be found? I didn't see any. I read some insinuations taken by the author about what Kevin McCarthy and Nancy Pelosi said but in no way did they make the claims that the article states.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Who needs evidence when no names are mentioned right? "Two people familiar with the meeting" and "a third person familiar with the meeting". Did this article mention any names too be found? I didn't see any. I read some insinuations taken by the author about what Kevin McCarthy and Nancy Pelosi said but in no way did they make the claims that the article states.
Excuse me but...
Sen. John Cornyn, the Texas Republican who serves as deputy majority leader in the Senate, confirmed that Trump made the assertion,
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/poli...aud-illegals-gave-clinton-3-million-vote-edge

jana519

Jul 12, 2014
Trump claims illegals cost him pop vote

Illegals cost Trump the popular vote? Illegal ballots or illegal immigrants? Given the context of Trump's public comments, your title is confusing and vague.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Illegals cost Trump the popular vote? Illegal ballots or illegal immigrants? Given the context of Trump's public comments, your title is confusing and vague.

I think the fact Trump is worried about it and wasting time over it would be the main point here.

Trumps obsession with Twitter and social media is like a carrot leading a horse, anyone acting like that was in most situations would get shit canned.

He probably has flunkies post to it these days, but it is still pathetic as he obviously spends a lot of time monitoring it.

Illegals had nothing to do with it.

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Trump made the claim on twitter prior to this. What makes you think he's changed his tune?

jana519

Jul 12, 2014
I think the fact Trump is worried about it and wasting time over it would be the main point here.

Trumps obsession with Twitter and social media is like a carrot leading a horse, anyone acting like that was in most situations would get shit canned.

He probably has flunkies post to it these days, but it is still pathetic as he obviously spends a lot of time monitoring it.

I think I mostly agree, but... Holy word salad!

Illegals had nothing to do with it.

It's literally the fucking title of the thread

Nov 25, 2013
Poor straw people, they just get the holy hell beat out of them around here.

Those straws, they're taking the jobs of decent Americans. I say round them up and put them in camps.

hiljainen-kansa-1%5B6%5D.jpg

Reactions: Thebobo

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Recently, California decided to allow illegals driver's licenses. Frankly, I'd rather have them licensed and insured, so I'm fine with that. Following that, the DMV began offering the option to register to vote, at the time you get your driver's license. This is one that raised some suspicions, because there was speculation that nobody was concerned with catching who was legal and who was illegal, when it came to registering. I'm not even going to pretend to know whether there are systems in place to catch this, or not. I'd rather believe there are systems.

I remember reading some opinion pieces, where some felt checking and enforcing would require exorbitant time and resources, so would be very difficult to catch those who registered illegally. However, an illegal's license is designated "AB-60", which is only considered valid ID for driving, nothing else. Yet, suspicions run high, but without any factual data to back them up.

So, yeah, Trump suspects, but he may be right, or he may be wrong. Other states have more lax voter registrations rules. Is it possible that some illegals voted? Probably some have, but how is it quantified?

Finally, whether or not it happened, I don't see what difference it makes to him. He won the presidency.
I guess, maybe, his ego won't let that rest, because he's all about winning.

Last edited: