Citing no evidence, Trump claims illegals cost him pop vote

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Trump is being interviewed on ABC at 10pm by David Muir. I saw some of the interview and it was scary how stupid and insane he is about how all of this illegal voting was against him and there wasn't single one for him. Loose cannon, thin skinned psycho in the White House.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
DNC unable to prove all votes cast were legal because we have no voter ID like nearly every other country in the world including Mexico.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/world/story/2012-01-22/mexico-national-voter-ID-cards/52779410/1

Boosts country's democracy

Mexican officials unveiled the voting ID two decades ago to properly identify electors in a country with a history of voters casting multiple ballots and curious vote counts resulting in charges of fraud — most notoriously in 1988 when a computer crash wiped out early results favoring the opposition.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
DNC unable to prove all votes cast were legal because we have no voter ID like nearly every other country in the world including Mexico.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/world/story/2012-01-22/mexico-national-voter-ID-cards/52779410/1

Boosts country's democracy

Mexican officials unveiled the voting ID two decades ago to properly identify electors in a country with a history of voters casting multiple ballots and curious vote counts resulting in charges of fraud — most notoriously in 1988 when a computer crash wiped out early results favoring the opposition.

If your biggest priority is voting laws that have been found to be ipso facto racist, and not addressing the widely recognized problems with voter disenfranchisement, you're easily dismissed as a racist who doesn't give two shits about democracy. In fact, you're a fascist who want to ensure power remains in the hands of a dwindling minority.

A unanimous panel of the 4th Circuit on July 29 agreed with allegations from the Justice Department and civil rights groups that North Carolina’s bill selectively chose voter-ID requirements, reduced the number of early-voting days and changed registration procedures in ways meant to harm blacks, who overwhelmingly vote for the Democratic Party.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...b0b0ded0253_story.html?utm_term=.5f4756b2344c

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
If your biggest priority is voting laws that have been found to be ipso facto racist, and not addressing the widely recognized problems with voter disenfranchisement, you're easily dismissed as a racist who doesn't give two shits about democracy. In fact, you're a fascist who want to ensure power remains in the hands of a dwindling minority.

A unanimous panel of the 4th Circuit on July 29 agreed with allegations from the Justice Department and civil rights groups that North Carolina’s bill selectively chose voter-ID requirements, reduced the number of early-voting days and changed registration procedures in ways meant to harm blacks, who overwhelmingly vote for the Democratic Party.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...b0b0ded0253_story.html?utm_term=.5f4756b2344c

Kangaroo Kort rulings against voter ID are designed to maintain the status quo of slip shod election security. "
"Although the national photo ID was introduced to stop voter fraud, it has achieved much more, bolstering the credibility of elections and helping the poor, some say."

The IDs resolved a problem for many poor people "who previously had no way of being able to identify themselves," said Miguel Ángel Carlos, security committee coordinator at the Association of Mexican Banks.

There is one thing the cards do not do: inspire more confidence in candidates. Ana Martínez says that despite getting her new card, she probably won't use it to vote. "There's no candidate worth voting for."

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
I haven't read this whole thread but I'm sure by now someone has stated that this issue is a smoke screen designed to keep the media busy

Other things going on are more important.

This issue is going no where but the courts and I fully expect the courts to shoot down any pervasive voter ID legislation at either the federal or state level.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
137 million votes, and if you include third parties and write-ins, 74 million of them were for someone other than Trump.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Dems should call Trump's bluff of an investigation. Let him search for fraud and Dems get disenfranchisement investigation. Also demand national standards based on both investigations.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Let me see if I got this right.. the President is using an example of a non-citizen rightly being denied from voting as evidence that non-citizens are being allowed to vote? Huh?

And it's a guy that he claims to be friends with, who in reality has never been friend's with Trump. So, he obviously never had this conversation with this German golfer guy.

I think Trump is interpreting his late night fever dreams as policy.

This is not normal.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
And it's a guy that he claims to be friends with, who in reality has never been friend's with Trump. So, he obviously never had this conversation with this German golfer guy.

I think Trump is interpreting his late night fever dreams as policy.

This is not normal.
Beyond that, what worries me is that he is willing to make a recklessly divisive statement about potential voter fraud (that white non-citizens were blocked from voting while non-white non-citizens were encouraged to) in a state that he won!
That is indeed not normal.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Yes he has an investigation underway. You won't believe what they found. Yuge yuge findings that will validate the Donald. Just wait.

Like when he sent investigators to Hawaii over Obama's birth cert?