++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7452 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Pedey turned 12 at 2am this morning.

ip0y3vKh.jpg

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
So, after watching some hockey and baseball and getting an evening workout in, I checked out the computer case a little more. The sides open quite easily once I learned how to do it. Very well made. Everything is designed well.

eM2pawZh.jpg

Here's the big 140mm case fans in the front
ubz0cenh.jpg

There's a supplied 120mm case fan for the exhaust
W9nWWuVh.jpg

The sound dampening material is top notch. The sturdiness and quality materials is obvious to both look and touch.
C1YkuNOh.jpg

Taking off the side panel behind the motherboard revels the cutout for mounting the heatsink without having to remove the motherboard. It's interesting how the camera focuses on the Denon and the HTPC in the background.
pX3fwI7h.jpg

Lower chamber/power supply shroud
tEu1NASh.jpg

Last edited:

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
I'll probably figure out how to take the top of the case off tomorrow after work. No hurry. Going to take apart the old one first. Reusing the power supply until the new one comes in. Also, the 1080 Ti is going to continue it's life in the new machine.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I should probably do a workout today after eating about half a big chocolate bunny. So glad I can actually eat solid foods again. The pain is almost all gone. It's still there in morning though so that seems to indicate the clenching is still happening even with the muscle relaxants... but it's not happening as harshly I guess.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Here's one last look at Robb Stark before I part it out and toss it in the trash.
pSFjC9Lh.jpg

This 1080 Ti is still HUUUUGE!
7tjMGsDh.jpg

This ram made my system quite a bit faster than comparable systems using similar components. Those heatsinks are good looking and have some weight to them.
nomDDZ6h.jpg

Decided I'm going to try the motherboard in another case before I give up. Not in a hurry on that. It will have to wait until my 5950X build is done. I can always find a motherboard off ebay. It will make a nice backup system. Better than the 7850K that I have in my P183. Yet another future project.
IkTUuH4h.jpg

Stripped down and ready for the trash
DgltT55h.jpg

Going to be reusing a lot of this stuff. It's a cool pic to see all the stuff you had in an older build.
SKuvB7Qh.jpg

The old CPU
nAG1FMAh.jpg

I still have the original box. @sdifox can have first dibs on the CPU box. It's quite collectable. Start the bidding @ $25 w/free shipping!
pQZ6QaY.png
Notice that the stock cooler is unused.
osSho5ah.jpg

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I have a bunch of passive cpu coolers sandwiching my cable modem. Pretty sure have a bunch of coolers with fans as well.

Last edited:

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Wait that's still a good system why toss it?

You can probably get like $500+ for that 1080 right now. Some are going for about $1,500 on ebay.

I'm going to keep using the 1080 Ti. You are correct. GPU is going for over $1,000 on eBay and Amazon. I'm just tossing the case.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
I have a bunch of passive cpu coolers sandwiching my cable modem. Pretty sure have a bunch of coolers with fans as well.

But do you have a i7 4790K box? Think about it. You could be the first one on your block with the original box. Collect them all! Put it in a curio.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Well, this is a slow project. I'm still fiddling with the case. I realized that I had to think how I was going to do this beforehand. That dreaded planning. So, I'm watching some videos on how to install that monster Noctua cooler. I'm watching them cry about how difficult installing the AM4 bracket is with the motherboard installed in the case. I thought, why not just install the mounting bracket and backplate while the motherboard is out of the case and install the cooler after the motherboard is installed. Plus, I needed to install the BluRay drive. Plus, I needed to set up a storage layout. You'd be surprised how extensive this changeover is.