• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7454 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.uovalor.com
There's a rumour that a local cop is selling cocaine to highschool kids. Fun fun. Hope if it's true that the truth comes out with enough proof. I've always suspected the cops were in the drug scene as it's oddly fishy all the drug houses continue to be allowed to operate. People have even been told to stop harassing the drug dealers.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Had my eyes checked for glaucoma today. No glaucoma. I have to continue taking drops for eye pressure though. I just took my first covid-19 shot (Pfizer) as well.

Did you do the visual field test with the dome and lights?

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
I'm sure it was the same. I'm just glad my eyes are ok. I'm eventually doomed somehow. Just not today. :p

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.uovalor.com
Ugh now that I'm back on mostly day shifts I just have zero time to myself. I'm always working. Yeah it's nice to be working from home but I miss having more 12h shifts and more days off. Makes for long weeks. Guess I've been spoiled with all my time off when I was on mostly all nights.

If this ends up helping my sleep clenching issue I guess it will be worth it in the end.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Ugh now that I'm back on mostly day shifts I just have zero time to myself. I'm always working. Yeah it's nice to be working from home but I miss having more 12h shifts and more days off. Makes for long weeks. Guess I've been spoiled with all my time off when I was on mostly all nights.

If this ends up helping my sleep clenching issue I guess it will be worth it in the end.
It sounds like your body doesn't like the 12 hour shifts. Are you off work each evening now? Or do your 8 hours rotate?

Last edited:

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.uovalor.com
It sounds like your body doesn't like the 12 hour shifts. Are you off work each evening now? Or do your 8 hours rotate?
The issue is nights are only 12h so asking for nights guarantees 12h shifts, while days are mix of 8h and 12h, and since I'm low on the seniority list I get mostly 8h when I'm on days, so I get less time off. I don't mind the 12h shifts, I think it's the nights themselves that mess with my body. Even though I actually like working nights I think my body does not. But I'm not actually sure if that's the issue yet, just trying this as an experiment. The 12h day shifts are harder due to having to be up earlier, and it's always busy after 5pm, but they also mean more time off, so I still prefer them.

Right now I'm on mostly 8h with the odd 12h, but it means I'm always working instead of getting nice stretches of time off.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.uovalor.com
I had a sore arm since my sleep lab test, it's a bit better today. Must have placed it funny or something. Joys of getting old, sleep funny one night and it takes a few days to recover. :p I messed up my knee in my sleep once, had to get physiotherapy and everything lol.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.uovalor.com
Blood work in less than an hour, can't wait to get that done so I can eat something. They never really told me to fast but then the appointment was online so I never spoke with anyone. figured I'd fast to play it safe. Did not even have coffee.

Might pickup more CBD oil since it's in the same building, going to try a stronger one. Debating on trying something that also has THC.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I finally spotted the great horned owl nest that I knew had to be around. It’s in the hollowed out top of a tree trunk deep enough that mama can sit in it unseen.

ASK THE COMMUNITY