++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7454 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Sounds like you're just settling. I would wait to find what you want. You act like the money is burning a hole in your wallet. Sounds like you need someone else to find you a property and to do the purchase for you. That way you could concentrate on what is important. Land is always for sale. Wait to find what you really are looking for. Being stuck with a lot that has weird dimensions or is not the acreage you wanted seems to be a rushed decision. What is your hurry?

The longer I wait the more the prices go up and the less that is left, that's why I want to secure something asap. A few years ago I was seeing lot of 40-160 acre plots going for sale but I did not have enough money at that point. Now these are rare and when they do come up they are about 20k more expensive. The issue is too they sell insanely fast when they do come up now. I hardly have time to go for a drive to see it, some sell in less than a day. I may need to buy before I go see it. I suppose I can always put that as a condition and back out if there's red flags.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
We're thinking about buying some vacant land. I learned that if we can get a bum to live on it, we can save 33% on the property tax.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
There's a rumour that a local cop is selling cocaine to highschool kids. Fun fun. Hope if it's true that the truth comes out with enough proof. I've always suspected the cops were in the drug scene as it's oddly fishy all the drug houses continue to be allowed to operate. People have even been told to stop harassing the drug dealers.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
1SFAyzuh.jpg

Reactions: Red Squirrel

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Had my eyes checked for glaucoma today. No glaucoma. I have to continue taking drops for eye pressure though. I just took my first covid-19 shot (Pfizer) as well.

Did you do the visual field test with the dome and lights?

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
I'm sure it was the same. I'm just glad my eyes are ok. I'm eventually doomed somehow. Just not today. :p

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Ugh now that I'm back on mostly day shifts I just have zero time to myself. I'm always working. Yeah it's nice to be working from home but I miss having more 12h shifts and more days off. Makes for long weeks. Guess I've been spoiled with all my time off when I was on mostly all nights.

If this ends up helping my sleep clenching issue I guess it will be worth it in the end.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Ugh now that I'm back on mostly day shifts I just have zero time to myself. I'm always working. Yeah it's nice to be working from home but I miss having more 12h shifts and more days off. Makes for long weeks. Guess I've been spoiled with all my time off when I was on mostly all nights.

If this ends up helping my sleep clenching issue I guess it will be worth it in the end.

It sounds like your body doesn't like the 12 hour shifts. Are you off work each evening now? Or do your 8 hours rotate?

Last edited:

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
It sounds like your body doesn't like the 12 hour shifts. Are you off work each evening now? Or do your 8 hours rotate?

The issue is nights are only 12h so asking for nights guarantees 12h shifts, while days are mix of 8h and 12h, and since I'm low on the seniority list I get mostly 8h when I'm on days, so I get less time off. I don't mind the 12h shifts, I think it's the nights themselves that mess with my body. Even though I actually like working nights I think my body does not. But I'm not actually sure if that's the issue yet, just trying this as an experiment. The 12h day shifts are harder due to having to be up earlier, and it's always busy after 5pm, but they also mean more time off, so I still prefer them.

Right now I'm on mostly 8h with the odd 12h, but it means I'm always working instead of getting nice stretches of time off.