• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7451 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Nice packaging

Optional top for case if I wanted to put fans and/or a radiator on at the top of the case. Otherwise, I will use a solid top. If the case can handle the temps, I'll probably leave it covered. I like quiet.

Drive brackets

This shit is big!

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Wide and has bracket for optional vertical mounting of graphics card. I'm not doing a window so that doesn't matter.

Nice top. It's not glossy. Three high speed ports.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I have that case. The power button has a light touch. Cats walking or sleeping on the case can cause reboots. I ended up taping a flap over the power button and USB ports.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
I have that case. The power button has a light touch. Cats walking or sleeping on the case can cause reboots. I ended up taping a flap over the power button and USB ports.
Yeah, my cats know better than that. I had taken a pic of my main rig and saw all this hair on the underside. I thought I had posted it and you were remarking about it. Appreciate the tip, regardless.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.uovalor.com
Lol that could suck. I had a case where the top was all mesh, so the heat just radiated right out. My cat would sleep on it. Come to think of it I got very lucky she never decided to puke there... That would pretty much write off the whole PC.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
So, after watching some hockey and baseball and getting an evening workout in, I checked out the computer case a little more. The sides open quite easily once I learned how to do it. Very well made. Everything is designed well.

Here's the big 140mm case fans in the front

There's a supplied 120mm case fan for the exhaust

The sound dampening material is top notch. The sturdiness and quality materials is obvious to both look and touch.

Taking off the side panel behind the motherboard revels the cutout for mounting the heatsink without having to remove the motherboard. It's interesting how the camera focuses on the Denon and the HTPC in the background.

Lower chamber/power supply shroud

Last edited:

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
I'll probably figure out how to take the top of the case off tomorrow after work. No hurry. Going to take apart the old one first. Reusing the power supply until the new one comes in. Also, the 1080 Ti is going to continue it's life in the new machine.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.uovalor.com
I should probably do a workout today after eating about half a big chocolate bunny. So glad I can actually eat solid foods again. The pain is almost all gone. It's still there in morning though so that seems to indicate the clenching is still happening even with the muscle relaxants... but it's not happening as harshly I guess.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Here's one last look at Robb Stark before I part it out and toss it in the trash.

This 1080 Ti is still HUUUUGE!

This ram made my system quite a bit faster than comparable systems using similar components. Those heatsinks are good looking and have some weight to them.

Decided I'm going to try the motherboard in another case before I give up. Not in a hurry on that. It will have to wait until my 5950X build is done. I can always find a motherboard off ebay. It will make a nice backup system. Better than the 7850K that I have in my P183. Yet another future project.

Stripped down and ready for the trash

Going to be reusing a lot of this stuff. It's a cool pic to see all the stuff you had in an older build.

The old CPU

I still have the original box. @sdifox can have first dibs on the CPU box. It's quite collectable. Start the bidding @ $25 w/free shipping!
Notice that the stock cooler is unused.

ASK THE COMMUNITY