• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7449 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I am using my case from my old Opteron 165. I don't know anything about new cases lol.

Ultra Dragon I think that was its name.

IMG_20191222_181855.jpg

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.uovalor.com
Done my last night shift, decided to just stay up. Easier to transition to day mode. Going longer without sleep might also give my jaw a longer break.

Need to do a Walmart return for something I accidentally ordered twice and while I'm there I'll go browse the pharmacy like a kid in a candy store, see what goodies I find. I wonder if Aleve might help.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.uovalor.com
Those dragon cases are classics. They don't make quality like that anymore.

I find most cases now have terrible cooling, there is this odd fad of not having proper front ventilation. I saw a review on this hilarious case that had like 10+ fans, yet it still had bad cooling due to zero thought of airflow in the design.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Got the ram, M.2 SSD and mobo today. Giggity.

Here's is the ram with the modules flipped. Gray on one side. Black on the other.

Here's a case badge for your pro dragon @sdifox

Samsung 980 Pro SSD. Notice the PCIe 4.0!

Asus WS X570-Ace. It's plain with no bling.

Cover for active heatsink for X570 chipset

Heatsink for M.2 SSD

The sound chipset doesn't look as robust as my old workstation board. Hopefully, it sounds as good.

It's interesting going back to AMD and their PGA sockets. Been on the dark side since 2009.

Mondo heatsink and copper heatpipe for all those power stages

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.uovalor.com
Nice. I have yet to do a build with a M.2 drive, I don't even think any of my motherboards support it. I'm kinda eager to do a build just because it's been a while but reality is I don't really have the need or money so still riding on what I got now. A gaming machine would probably be my next build, be nice to get into the higher end AAA games. My current machine with my 1070 TI is more than good enough for the games I play now though.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.uovalor.com
And yeah I basically got up in middle of the night lol. Been up since like 2am. Stayed up after my last night shift so ended up going to bed in the day. Still, this is one of the fastest way to revert back. By tomorrow I will be back to normal.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.uovalor.com
Jaw feeling a bit better today. I sleep the hardest in the morning hours and that's probably where the clenching is at it's worse, maybe the trick is to just get up before then lol.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.uovalor.com
Oh man this coffee is so good. For some reason my home made coffee has been tasting bad and I can't figure out why, but this one turned out good. I almost wonder if it was the thermos I use to put the coffee in from the carafe. I gave it a really good cleaning today. I also used distilled water to make the coffee with. I can't see why the water would be an issue though as I have a good filter system, but tomorrow I will try with the regular water again to see if it changes anything.

Been meaning to look into buying or making a water distiller or ionizer so I can use it for the humidifier, maybe even hot water if the flow rate is high enough, and then of course UPS batteries, and coffee. Funny enough someone was selling one on FB, I should have bought it.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Nice. I have yet to do a build with a M.2 drive, I don't even think any of my motherboards support it. I'm kinda eager to do a build just because it's been a while but reality is I don't really have the need or money so still riding on what I got now. A gaming machine would probably be my next build, be nice to get into the higher end AAA games. My current machine with my 1070 TI is more than good enough for the games I play now though.
How old ARE your motherboards? My motherboard from 2014 (the one that just died) had an M.2 slot. Just never used it. My 1151 mobo (the one in the server) has one. Been using 2.5" SATA drives up until this point.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.uovalor.com
Ok I was wrong. Jaw in a LOT of pain. Had to bail out half way through eating a bagel. Going to have to stick to a liquid diet I think. Mostly soup. Just took more Advil. Can't wait to see my doctor I really hope there's treatment for this. Can't go on like this forever. Need to make this ridiculous night time clenching stop. This is ruining my life.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.uovalor.com
Back from ER, waiting on pharmacy for meds to be ready.

Going to be seeing a chiropractor and physiotherapist as well so I should probably make appointment for those. Hopefully that helps, since the drugs are just temporary relief. Getting old sucks.

ASK THE COMMUNITY