• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7448 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.uovalor.com
Nef. Night shift 3 of 4.

I lost track of how many ibuprofen I took so far. I need to buy more. Jaw in constant pain from the stupid night clenching. Really need to figure how to make that stop.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.uovalor.com
That's basically what the moutguard is lol. Or it may as well be because that's what it feels like when I have it on. Still does not actually stop the clenching though, the muscles are still forcing for 8 hours straight.

Really hope there's something my doctor can do to make it stop... have appointment coming up in a few weeks. This has gotten exponentially worse in the past week or so.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
That's basically what the moutguard is lol. Or it may as well be because that's what it feels like when I have it on. Still does not actually stop the clenching though, the muscles are still forcing for 8 hours straight.

Really hope there's something my doctor can do to make it stop... have appointment coming up in a few weeks. This has gotten exponentially worse in the past week or so.
Haven't you had anxiety issues recently? That's what I'd guess it is. You had to change to a regular day schedule. You said it cleared up. Back to ever changing day/night scheduling.Back to anxiety.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.uovalor.com
Haven't you had anxiety issues recently? That's what I'd guess it is. You had to change to a regular day schedule. You said it cleared up. Back to ever changing day/night scheduling.Back to anxiety.
That was a couple years back, had depression. Feeling fine now, but I think the clenching actually started back then and just never went away. I found out about a year ago as I thought it was my wisdom teeth bothering me but when they checked them they said I clench at night. I really did not want to be stuck with a mouth guard so I kept procrastinating but eventually gave in realizing this is not going away. But now it only started to get worse in past few weeks to the point that I really need to find actual treatment now. Hoping botox and muscle relaxants can maybe help. Problem is those things are only temporary. But if I can at least let the jaw heal maybe it won't be as bad after.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Well, I ordered a 5950X for only $200 over retail. Getting new everything. Well, except for the video card. No one would blame me for waiting on that. Have a 1080Ti. I think I'll be just fine for quite a while.

Here's a rundown on the parts:
  • AMD Ryzen 9 5950X CPU
  • Fractal Design Define 7 Gunmetal/Gray (inlcudes 2 x 140mm fans and 1 x 120mm fan)
  • Seasonic PRIME TX-850 PSU
  • Asus WS X570-Ace motherboard
  • G.Skill TridentZ RGB Series DDR4 3200 CL14 (14-14-14-34) at 1.35V (8GB x 4)
  • Noctua NH-D15 chromax.Black, Dual-Tower CPU Cooler (140mm, Black)
  • Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
I wanted expandability and a well made case. I believe that @sdifox mentioned Fractal Design. Lian-Li is going all tempered glass. I don't want windows. It will sit under my desk. Interesting is that it comes with two 140mm intake fans. Anyone have any experience with Fractal Design case fans? I hate RGB on the memory, but couldn't find another model in stock that was on the QVL and had those tight timings. So, I went with the bling ram. Will never see it, but will turn it off if I'm able. I'm going to have to wait a week or two for the case and a couple of months for the power supply. I don't need those to make sure everything works though. Those power supplies can be tough to come by, but I got it at a price I'm comfortable with. Going to be fun putting it altogether!

Edit: looks like the Noctua cooler will take a week. The CPU delivery is estimated for next Monday, as well.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY