++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 604 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BabaBooey

Lifer
Jan 21, 2001
2ueno83.jpg

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
It's a huge highway but speed limit is 55 mph
Also it's pretty shitty tons of pot holes and crap. Filled with semi's

*grumble grumble* Stupid Americans and their stupid "imperial" system....*/grumble grumble*

Ahh 89 kph. That's so so.

Actually we use a mix up here so we aren't strictly metric in day to day usage.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
BTW what's with the quotes in your sig? Those two are kind of at both extremes of the political spectrum. Are you disagreeing/agreeing/laughing at either one or both?

Oh, I'm laughing at them both. For the Perry quote, because there's no way in hell that's going to happen. For the Pakistan quote, because that poster, about a year ago, put up threads in multiple boards begging for American charity money to help with the flooding, and hypocrisy amuses me.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
My experience with that has usually been that it's a car idling nearby somewhere. If you open a window and see the car you won't actually hear it as the low frequency vibrations are too quiet to hear outside, you really only hear them in a quiet room.

The rumble was too deep for anything other than a V8 sports car, modified truck exhaust, or something diesel based. It's very quiet outside though.

Doesn't matter anyways, it's gone now.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Speed limits need to go up all over the place.

Yeah, they were set for safety (ostensibly, maybe, hahaha), and for fuel efficiency. Well, I dunno about fuel efficiency, but really, I don't give a shit. Time is more important to me than money. Also, safety is bullshit, and besides, most cars are capable of going faster with far more safety than when the limits were established.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
So I'm not going to pass circuits, considering I got the second test back, and my test average is now about 30%. I've been going into the tests thinking "no problem, I get this", and after the first test, walked out thinking "I just needed a little more time, that was easy," and for the second test, walked out going "what the fuck just hit me."