AOC nails it again

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Not so sure in Facebooks case. Per the big sponsors dropping out thing wasn’t like 75% of their ad buys from small businesses?

This says estimated spending for 2020 is 6B with 20% going to digital platform. 1.2B is nothing to sneer at.

Mar 11, 2004
AOC riles up angry R men

The Hill: Ocasio-Cortez accosted by GOP lawmaker over remarks: 'That kind of
confrontation hasn't ever happened to me'.

The two then parted ways. Ocasio-Cortez headed into the building, while Yoho, joined by Rep. Roger Williams (R-Texas), began descending toward the House office buildings. A few steps down, Yoho offered a parting thought to no one in particular.
"Fucking bitch," he said.

What a chickenshit, couldn't even say it to her face. He couldn't have cucked himself more if he'd pulled out a giant black strapon and begged her to ride him around the Capitol.

Which the other Returmplican didn't do himself much favors. This guy...really doesn't think very often does he?

He was so deep in thought about the issues facing his constituents that he didn't hear anything! So what issues are those? He doesn't know, but there's always something, isn't there.

"I was actually thinking, as I was walking down the stairs, I was thinking about some issues I've got in my district that need to get done," Williams said. "I don't know what their topic was. There's always a topic, isn't there?"

I think he was referring to the other two, but it still makes him sound like a dumbass.

SmCaudata

Oct 8, 2006
More evidence to support the "good people on both sides..." the current GOP congressional folks truly are a worthless lot.

Reactions: hal2kilo

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
AOC riles up angry R men

The Hill: Ocasio-Cortez accosted by GOP lawmaker over remarks: 'That kind of
confrontation hasn't ever happened to me'.

Some1 will be here shortly to explain to us why its not ok to use the B word.

Reactions: TheVrolok

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Watching Katie Porter and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez in Congress is refreshing.
I just watched that ~10 minute twitter post of AOC skewering Rep. Yoho. I've seen other AOC video, I like her, where she's coming from, she's a treasure in Congess. But Porter, I don't recall. Can you link me some video?

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I just watched that ~10 minute twitter post of AOC skewering Rep. Yoho. I've seen other AOC video, I like her, where she's coming from, she's a treasure in Congess. But Porter, I don't recall. Can you link me some video?
She's another gem in the Democratic party women line-up

Reactions: KMFJD

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Katie and AOC are by far the two best questioners in Congress. if you aren't familiar with Mrs. Porter, i highly recommend doing a search on Youtube and watching at least a few clips.
I will. TBH the looks don't mean much to me and I like Nancy Pelosi!

Reactions: JEDIYoda

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Katie and AOC are by far the two best questioners in Congress. if you aren't familiar with Mrs. Porter, i highly recommend doing a search on Youtube and watching at least a few clips.

Watching her crush bank execs was glorious.

Or when she pointed out how ridiculous applying for federal benefits was (can't remember if it were food assistance, housing, or unemployment). But in any event, the level of documentation required was insane.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
If November ends up being the thorough asskicking it's looking to be, I hope she gets Mnuchin's job.

After fours years of abject idiocy, listening to brains like her literally gets me excited. She got that Grit. I'd wife her so hard.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueWeasel

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

I'd add Warren to that short list myself, but I can't second this advice enough. Everyone needs to watch her go to town on Jamie Dimon (JP Morgan) and definitely Charles Scharf (Wells Fargo).

That is the kind of leader we need to fix this damn country.

Reactions: BlueWeasel

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I'd add Warren to that short list myself, but I can't second this advice enough. Everyone needs to watch her go to town on Jamie Dimon (JP Morgan) and definitely Charles Scharf (Wells Fargo).

That is the kind of leader we need to fix this damn country.

I can't like this enough. Just because someone runs a business does not make them a good politician. It's refreshing to see a politician who actually applies math, economics, and reasoning. The rest of them just quote statistics that one of their aids looked up on a conservative website.

Reactions: uclaLabrat

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Ok Joe Biden, I HOPE you are watching, because I hear you have an opening on your ticket. I have the "perfect" candidate for that opening.

Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 12.08.05 AM.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: HurleyBird