AoC and Omar declare Bolivia to be a coup...

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
I believe they have couped...poorly.
nah that'd by Guano boy in Venezuela

BHDN_IN-55SU_VENEZUELA_-GUAIDO-CLIMBS-FENCE-OF-LEGISLATIVE-PA_CNNA-ST1-10000000059141f2_174_0.mp4.00_00_00_00.Still001-960x640.jpg

(he could have used the normal entrance but this was more dramatic)

thecoolnessrune

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
if the cia says it's not a coup by creating a bunch of accounts and getting a hashtag to trend then you can know for a fact that it's not a coup.

As some of the comments mention, that same area is in fact the largest population of Bolivians in the US by far. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolivian_Americans#Areas

Sure, it could always be a CIA misinformation campaign, but without some evidence, I find this a bit of a conspiracy theory.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
As some of the comments mention, that same area is in fact the largest population of Bolivians in the US by far. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolivian_Americans#Areas

Sure, it could always be a CIA misinformation campaign, but without some evidence, I find this a bit of a conspiracy theory.

As there's no 'informative' reaction icon any more, I'm gonna have to go with a cookie. It did sound an unlikely theory. Though I feel like expat communities are rarely reliably representative of opinion back home, so I wouldn't conclude much from this either way.

:cookie:

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
Hopefully they'll hang the plotters and military leaders that supported it and anyone that took power against the people. Make people think twice about working with the CIA.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Hopefully they'll hang the plotters and military leaders that supported it and anyone that took power against the people. Make people think twice about working with the CIA.
Maduro's rigged election was against the people of Venezuela. Shame on you, Maduro sycophant.

Nov 8, 2012
It's fair to say US involvement is highly likely. Since when was there a right wing coup in Latin America that we didn't back, anyway? How many examples do you want?

Did we also back Brazil's right wing election?

Christ you guys sound PRECISELY like Trump in that when your team (as if political groups are teams - yet you make them out to be) loses you just shout FAKE NEWS! RUSSIA DID IT! AMERIKKKA DID IT! ITS AN INSIDE JOB!

Whatever sugar tits, grab your tinfoil hat at the door please.

Nov 25, 2013

Christ you guys sound PRECISELY like Trump in that when your team (as if political groups are teams - yet you make them out to be) loses you just shout FAKE NEWS! RUSSIA DID IT! AMERIKKKA DID IT! ITS AN INSIDE JOB!

Or, you know, read some history of overt and covert American involvement in Latin America over the past 150 or so years.

Nah, keep ranting.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

You're the guy who, when someone says that water is wet, you call them stupid for saying the Biblical floods will return.