America First!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I watched Spicer and he's an interesting study if deflection, which of course is his job. The curious thing is that he referred to an "attack" in Afghanistan for which the US has great sympathy, but not calling Afghanistan a hotbed of uncontrolled terrorism as evidenced by hundreds deaths. Why not terrorism then? Why not call the spade a spade? After all Iraq is on "the list" and not Afghanistan. Seems Trump is for Muslim terrorism from only the best nations.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
It would be advantageous to refuse bringing people in that can clearly be assessed as not wanting to assimilate and become Americans.

I have met many people of different religions. You know how I judge them? As I would judge anyone else.

How many people are you running in to that will not assimilate? Also, am I to assume your definition of assimilation is the only acceptable way to assimilate?

Get out there and enjoy the flavor. I bet you'd meet some wonderful people and make some great friends... who knows, you may even be less scared and less likely to throw your new best friends out of the country.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
It can be determined who will and will not assimilate very easily. Do you like Falafel?

Yeah well, I'd rather see my neighbor's daughter not traumatized than have access to Falafel.

LLhB13D.gif

Go grab a taco.

Or a Gyro, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: IronWing

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
It can be determined who will and will not assimilate very easily. Do you like Falafel?

Yeah well, I'd rather see my neighbor's daughter not traumatized than have access to Falafel.

Then pray tell kind sir, and bestow upon us thy knowledge. What is the process to tell?

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017

You went weird there guy. I didn't realize your neighbor's daughter was in such danger from an imagined threat. You should absolutely inform her on how to make good choices for herself as well as how to love all people who mean her no harm (real, not imagined).

Pretty please, define what you think assimilating means?

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010

Ah, the same old fallacious, fear-based justification used for the occasional killing spree against blacks a hundred years ago.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Feb 16, 2005
I certainly cannot provide absolute methods as that is not my job. I hear they call it "Extreme vetting"

Believe me, it can be done with a psychological test.

To an acceptable extent, anyways. Do you harbor opposition to weeding out terrorist immigrants to the United States?
"believe me"
No, sorry, you have no plausible credibility to obtain that trust.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I'm all for cutting off allowing any would-be Jihadists into the US. Are you for allowing them to come here?

You are the jihadist, you are the one with similar thinking as them. The difference is only a matter of which god you pray to.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
I certainly cannot provide absolute methods as that is not my job. I hear they call it "Extreme vetting"

Believe me, it can be done with a psychological test.

To an acceptable extent, anyways. Do you harbor opposition to weeding out terrorist immigrants to the United States?

Curious. Would you... accept the results of a psychological test performed on you? How do you think you'd make out?

Last edited:

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
No insult, No insult, No insult.

Okay.

Assimilating means you are coming here to live The American Dream. That in no way involves Jihad.

You know, come here legally, learn English, love America.

Make a living for yourself and your family.

Own a house with a white picket fence.

Play baseball.

Those type of things.

You sound like a child.

John Wayne was never an actual Marine BTW.

It was an honorary title, but you probably missed the reference earlier anyway.

He just played like he was one in real life.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
No insult, No insult, No insult.

Okay.

Assimilating means you are coming here to live The American Dream. That in no way involves Jihad.

You know, come here legally, learn English, love America.

Make a living for yourself and your family.

Own a house with a white picket fence.

Play baseball.

Those type of things.

English is not even the official language of the US. Baseball is a shitty sport. A house with a white picket fence is a trite stereotype. You seem to have a narrow and stale view of what this country is.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
And have not proven ary a single rebuttal.

Facts speak. Rhetoric is cheap.

All you've told us is that if you must you can live off the land. You've asked for proof and provided none. This only works if we all agreed you were originally coming from a place of common knowledge and truth. I'm not seeing any evidence that occurred. Therefore the onus is on you to prove why you are correct. Poorly done thus far.

Feb 16, 2005
Why not be real about it? You don't have respect for any Patriots. Only subversive leftists.

It's obvious with you.

Oh! By the way, I've read Alinsky's rules, too.

But the thing is: I am a real American.
really? you're 100% native american? which tribe? what region?