America First!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
You need to back all that rhetoric up with some proof. That post and those assertions are more like what comes out of a cow's anus.

You might be thinking about anus a bit more than absolutely necessary for most occasions.

I stand by my original post. Still wondering how it makes me a communist but I'm still not asking for an explanation.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
But you're probably screwed if the power goes out. I don't doubt you would find it incredulous I know a lot of smart people. People that are engineers and MENSA members even. I'm sure you could never fathom that. It's OK.
You should apply for MENSA, the ones I have known have convinced me they'll accept all kinds of geniuses. As for engineers, I'm surrounded by them and I am often made aware of how common sense and sense of humor struggle to stay alive.

Also, I did say my husband is very smart. He'd never let me starve.

Last edited:

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
But you're probably screwed if the power goes out. I don't doubt you would find it incredulous I know a lot of smart people. People that are engineers and MENSA members even. I'm sure you could never fathom that. It's OK.

No one cares.

There are many engineers on AT, I've had at least 4 tests in the past I could have submitted and joined MENSA and never bothered to.

I used to do R&D with many MIT engineers from Draper Labs.

You went there is the only reason I bothered mentioning it, you know people :rolleyes:

BTW, a lot of computers are made in the US, just a lot of them are not consumer grade.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2013
I'll put it to you like this:Americans don't care what anybody else thinks and we are perfectly capable of taking care of ourselves.

I could never shop at a grocery store again and still live a long, productive life. Could you?

Yes I'd be eating fish and gator tail and squirrel and rabbit. I can do that. I don't think you have the balls to.

As long as you don't eat the dog

hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: MongGrel

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Looks like we've got another "real" American over here! All you other Americans are fake communists!

Anyone want to take some bets? Older, white male, feels threatened by "others". He's tired of America not being number one so he voted for a number two, who is going to make America great by somehow doing more of the things "real" Americans are tired of our politicians doing.
Drain the swamp! Then re fill it with your own brand of swamp, you know with gators, so he can have a decent meal every once in a while. Right?

Did I nail it, crazy uncle Ted?

Reactions: MongGrel

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Looks like we've got another "real" American over here! All you other Americans are fake communists!

Anyone want to take some bets? Older, white male, feels threatened by "others". He's tired of America not being number one so he voted for a number two, who is going to make America great by somehow doing more of the things "real" Americans are tired of our politicians doing.
Drain the swamp! Then re fill it with your own brand of swamp, you know with gators, so he can have a decent meal every once in a while. Right?

He's a true Patriot, it seems ...

94760-1452007129-_MG_5479-xl.gif

Theodore%2BKaczynski.gif

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
You need to back all that rhetoric up with some proof. That post and those assertions are more like what comes out of a cow's anus.
I'd rather see you back up this rhetoric.

I could never shop at a grocery store again and still live a long, productive life. Could you?

Yes I'd be eating fish and gator tail and squirrel and rabbit. I can do that. I don't think you have the balls to.

Of course you'd have to go "off grid" to do it properly. I'm sure we'd cope without you.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
WWYBYWB ?

That's obvious, but can't put my finger on a particular poster.
We should ask some targeted questions!

Marion, whats your opinion on net neutrality, excessive amounts of salt in pasta water and are you enjoying President Rick Perry?

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
We should ask some targeted questions!

Marion, whats your opinion on net neutrality, excessive amounts of salt in pasta water and are you enjoying President Rick Perry?

I think has moved on and started a pillow alt :p

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999

Please stop pushing your survivalist fantasy diet on us.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000

You bit? Why?

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
You bit? Why?
Probably for the self same reason you "bit" on his response. I mean, I could ask you the same, but for me there'd be no point.

Each thread contains a series of meandering dialogues, clustered around the general topic of the OP. When another poster says something outrageous or ignorant or really, really stupid, other posters respond in order to highlight that ignorance or stupidity . . . or to simply gainsay another's opinion.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

If there is one thing this recent election should have taught me, it's that it can be considered a mistake to assume that just because you see the outrageous ignorance of another's opinion, that "all good men" also see it.

"If you see something, say something." ;)

Otherwise the terrorists will win . . . and by terrorists, Winston, I mean our homegrown asshole regressives. I know ahm skeered & alarmed by all the unfolding ramifications of this Trump presidency.

I think you should be, too. Are you?

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Probably for the self same reason you "bit" on his response. I mean, I could ask you the same, but for me there'd be no point.

Each thread contains a series of meandering dialogues, clustered around the general topic of the OP. When another poster says something outrageous or ignorant or really, really stupid, other posters respond in order to highlight that ignorance or stupidity . . . or to simply gainsay another's opinion.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

If there is one thing this recent election should have taught me, it's that it can be considered a mistake to assume that just because you see the outrageous ignorance of another's opinion, that "all good men" also see it.

"If you see something, say something." ;)

Otherwise the terrorists will win . . . and by terrorists, Winston, I mean our homegrown asshole regressives. I know ahm skeered & alarmed by all the unfolding ramifications of this Trump presidency.

I think you should be, too. Are you?

Which is why we need more free speech. Assholes are going to asshole, and I want to know who they are. By trying to silence people we don't like, we push them into shadow groups where their ideas do not get challenged. That leads bad ideas foster and while they will not be mainstream they spread enough to cause problems. We as a society need to say something when we see something beyond calling people racist, bigots, ect. We need to not only disagree, but debate.

What worries me is that its becoming more and more popular to label and not debate ideas. We have a lot of people in this country that are quick to label someone as X, and then dismiss anything that person says because they are part of that group. We see it happen all around us, and very few speak up. You can see this happen on this forum all the time you come to P&N.

Trump only wins when the people vote for him. We got what we wanted which is very scary.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Who always replied with questions? Buckshot? Could be a script as well.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Did they remake A Boy and his Dog?

Kinda sorta, it was more like another movie I can not recall offhand.

I've always been a huge Ellison fan myself, A Boy and his Dog was pretty classic in it's day and a lot of people did not pay a lot of attention to it.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Who always replied with questions? Buckshot? Could be a script as well.

Buckshot was one of the first people that leapt to my mind.

Others have picked up that guantlent a bit over time and ran with it.

Last edited:

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
I would think a rational citizen would be more afraid of real terrorists. The Islamic kind that come to America to wage Jihad. That's a real and imminent threat. Heaven forbid the president of the US tries to put a stop to it and keep citizens safe. It's the rational thing to do, but some won't like it because: "It's Drumpf, he's a xenophobic, racist,sexist, islamaphobe, homophobe misogynist!" Oh, and he is against Communists (aka "Progressives") and Global power structure.

Carter, Reagan, and Clinton all halted Islamic immigration in one form or another.

Nobody ever lost their mud over that.

One of the real problems is you seem to operate on a low level of actual threat assessment or try to pass it off that way.

I you honestly believe that you need to grow up a lot. Somehow you just come off as a very poor troll.

Reactions: Sheik Yerbouti

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I would think a rational citizen would be more afraid of real terrorists. The Islamic kind that come to America to wage Jihad. That's a real and imminent threat. Heaven forbid the president of the US tries to put a stop to it and keep citizens safe. It's the rational thing to do, but some won't like it because: "It's Drumpf, he's a xenophobic, racist,sexist, islamaphobe, homophobe misogynist!" Oh, and he is against Communists (aka "Progressives") and Global power structure.

Carter, Reagan, and Clinton all halted Islamic immigration in one form or another.

Nobody ever lost their mud over that.

"Rational citizens would be more afraid of real terrorist", lol. There is nothing rational about that. On the list of things that might kill people in this country and therefore people should be scared of those things, terrorists are pretty fucking low on that list, it's right down there by being killed by a NASCAR at a NASCAR race.

The reason trump gets shit is because his policies are shit.

Now go off to your bunker in the woods and look out for bears planning to attack a school.

Last edited:

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Which is why we need more free speech. Assholes are going to asshole, and I want to know who they are. By trying to silence people we don't like, we push them into shadow groups where their ideas do not get challenged. That leads bad ideas foster and while they will not be mainstream they spread enough to cause problems. We as a society need to say something when we see something beyond calling people racist, bigots, ect. We need to not only disagree, but debate.

What worries me is that its becoming more and more popular to label and not debate ideas. We have a lot of people in this country that are quick to label someone as X, and then dismiss anything that person says because they are part of that group. We see it happen all around us, and very few speak up. You can see this happen on this forum all the time you come to P&N.

Trump only wins when the people vote for him. We got what we wanted which is very scary.

I disagree. Stupid, crazy, and irrational people need to be shamed and forced back into their hole until they can properly function in society. The stupid, crazy, and irrational people have mobilized and normalized and they need to be stopped. Trump is the direct result of their growth.
Debate only works when people can agree on what the facts are, otherwise you are just arguing with a crazy person (if that's your thing then knock yourself out).

Free speech, btw, doesn't mean free from criticism and humiliation, which is what you are complaining about.

Reactions: MajinCry