3000 Anytime + FREE LD in NV & CA - $49.95

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mr.Diggler

Jan 7, 2000
Originally posted by: kLezViruS

There is no dual band from GSM in america. Its just one band, which is GSM1900.

Thanks. It looks like the coverage area for GSM is a lot less than what dual-band digital/analog from SprintPCS or AT&T covers...is this right or am I mistaken?

biglaw11

Feb 23, 2001

So if I where to buy this phone in CA (my home state) but I go to school in chicago could I use it w/o paying roaming charges?

O ya does verizon have GSM in the bay area? I kno AT&T has it in chicago and I guess in the bay area since I keep seeing ads for it.[/quote]

Yes u can ..since this is a Nationwide plan..[/quote]

Verizon doesn't have GSM (not that I know of) and AT&T is rolling GSM sometimes in the next few months here on the west coast, I believe. Hrm, I hope T-Mobile will be good and not pull another Cingular. It really sucks in a lot of places, especially in Berkeley.

Hope it has gotten better.

loudmouth

Dec 9, 2000
smartcap,

Lets get this right. Your first post you say the following:

39.99/month
1000 anytime minutes
Unlimited Nights and Weekends
Free Nationwide long distance

Now will T-Mobel offer nights and weekends with the launch in California or not. Nights is very important to me. I am with cingular and my family has 4 phones under the Family Plan. Now, we looked at T-Mobel a while back and the rates are great, free phones too, but not having the night minutes really makes this deal cold for a Family of 4.

Heck if i get nights i'll be over at your store first thing monday morning...I really hate Cingular.

smartcap

Jan 27, 2002
T-Mobile (aka VS) do not offer nights...their thinking is that since they're giving u sooo many ANYTIME minutes...u wouldn't need nights...(IMHO they're shooting themselves in the foot on that 1)

On that nationwide plan below they do offer unlimited weekends.....

T-Mobile has the following promo for the family plan:

$69.99 (2 lines) - 800 minutes anytime, unlimited weekends, FREE LD, and ulimited Mobile 2 Mobile.

And unlike the other carriers...T-Mobile requires only a 1 year contract

IMHO if T-Mobile add NIGHTS to these plans .....man they will make a killing....

Originally posted by: loudmouth
smartcap,

Lets get this right. Your first post you say the following:

39.99/month
1000 anytime minutes
Unlimited Nights and Weekends
Free Nationwide long distance

Now will T-Mobel offer nights and weekends with the launch in California or not. Nights is very important to me. I am with cingular and my family has 4 phones under the Family Plan. Now, we looked at T-Mobel a while back and the rates are great, free phones too, but not having the night minutes really makes this deal cold for a Family of 4.

Heck if i get nights i'll be over at your store first thing monday morning...I really hate Cingular.

smartcap

Jan 27, 2002
>wow this is really hot...this only in CA?

Yup these plans are ONLY for the CA launch...

>Great deal. Do you do Amway also?

No ..but I also work for Best Buy....does that help? 8)

>how long is the promo rate good for?
This promo will be valid til 08.31.2002

superfire911

Feb 3, 2001
does anyone of you know when the promotion will be ended? I willnot be at home (CA) for 2 weeks starting this sunday 7/14. I do not want to miss out this good plan.

can any one of you confirm -- 39.99 for 1000 mins, FREE WEEKENDS and WEEKDAYS, Free LD, No Roaming ??

thanks

-- superfire911

smartcap

Jan 27, 2002
The promotion will end 08/31 and yes on the NATION PLAN ($39.99) u get 1000 ANYTIME + Unlimited Weekends, FREE LD, and No Roaming.

Originally posted by: superfire911
does anyone of you know when the promotion will be ended? I willnot be at home (CA) for 2 weeks starting this sunday 7/14. I do not want to miss out this good plan.

can any one of you confirm -- 39.99 for 1000 mins, FREE WEEKENDS and WEEKDAYS, Free LD, No Roaming ??

thanks

-- superfire911

superfire911

Feb 3, 2001
Thank you very much for your verification. I read one of your posts.... 49.99 for 3000 mins? for real? it is a SUPER HOT deal.

Do I get rebate or cash-back from T-Mobile if I active the new account using my own GSM phone? if so, how much would I be receiving ?

thanks again!

smartcap

Jan 27, 2002
The 3000 ANYTIME is a regional plan....meaning u can't roam outside CA & NV..

The rebates are valid only on a new contract for the following fones...Motorola V60 ($100) , Motorola V66 (forgot..i have 2 check), Motorola T193 ($50), & Samsung R225 ($89)

Originally posted by: superfire911
Thank you very much for your verification. I read one of your posts.... 49.99 for 3000 mins? for real? it is a SUPER HOT deal.

Do I get rebate or cash-back from T-Mobile if I active the new account using my own GSM phone? if so, how much would I be receiving ?

thanks again!

ynotravid

Jun 20, 2002
How does one predict what kind of signal your going to get? I guess what I really want to know, has anyone here done business with these guys and were you on a year contract when you did?

superfire911

Feb 3, 2001
Originally posted by: ynotravid
How does one predict what kind of signal your going to get? I guess what I really want to know, has anyone here done business with these guys and were you on a year contract when you did?

i agree with you. I am with ATT for few years already. I like it very much. I travel very often and i can get signal in most of the places (tri-band). But ATT sucks very badly in where I live. I guess it is only the location problem. I would like to know anyone have voicestream service and live in Monterey Park area. How is the signal?

siclithat

Mar 28, 2001
Voicestream (T-Mobile) uses the Cingular network to place their calls in CA (and Cingular uses the VS/T-Mob network in NYC). They remain seperate companies, with their own deals and promotions, but they negotiated a deal to share some networks... TO ME, this means that if you'd get a signal with Cingular in your house, you'll get one there with VS/TM as well. BTW -- Cingular uses ATT's networks in CA now too -- at least in LA -- that's why their phones finally work in LA and why ATT's service has gone downhill (from what I've heard).

linky about VS and Cingular -- CLICK ME!!!CLICK ME!!

ROLLTIDE2002

Dec 5, 2001
There website is live now . Nights from 7pm to 6am for $2.99 Also there is alot of false info in this thread. You can't have a CA phone number and use it in Chi. You must make a certain % of your calls in your home area.

superfire911

Feb 3, 2001
Originally posted by: siclithat
Voicestream (T-Mobile) uses the Cingular network to place their calls in CA (and Cingular uses the VS/T-Mob network in NYC). They remain seperate companies, with their own deals and promotions, but they negotiated a deal to share some networks... TO ME, this means that if you'd get a signal with Cingular in your house, you'll get one there with VS/TM as well. BTW -- Cingular uses ATT's networks in CA now too -- at least in LA -- that's why their phones finally work in LA and why ATT's service has gone downhill (from what I've heard).

linky about VS and Cingular -- CLICK ME!!!CLICK ME!!

Cingular uses ATT's network?? GSM or TDMA? I thought ATT will use Cingular's network in LA area. If it is true, that means, VS, ATT, Cingular all use the same network? If Cingular sucks in LA area, it means all three of them are no good?

any ideas?

loudmouth

Dec 9, 2000
ROLLTIDE2002

Where do you see nights from 7pm - 6am. This is what t- mobel site states:

Unlimited Nights - Unlimited use of your phone from 9pm to 7am. $2.99 a month

smartcap

Jan 27, 2002
This hasn't been confirmed yet...IF and I do mean IF....they do throw in UNLIMITED NIGHTS for $2.99....man..they are gonna make a killing in the CA market..

Originally posted by: ROLLTIDE2002
There website is live now . Nights from 7pm to 6am for $2.99 Also there is alot of false info in this thread. You can't have a CA phone number and use it in Chi. You must make a certain % of your calls in your home area.

araknis

Oct 19, 1999
smartcap,
why not fix your original message to reflect the fact that there are no free NIGHT minutes. I think it's throwing a lot of people off here who don't want to read the next 20 messages to figure that out.