3000 Anytime + FREE LD in NV & CA - $49.95

smartcap

Jan 27, 2002
Monday - July 15th T-Mobile will be launching in California...here is there promo rate plan for CA:

39.99/month
1000 anytime minutes
Unlimited Weekends
Free Nationwide long distance

$49.99/month
3000 anytime minutes

Also.....the store i'm working at (yea..I got a job) will be giving away the Samsung R225 ($89 rebate) and T193($50 rebate) for FREE..so basically we're paying you to sign up... 8)

bradster

Jul 12, 2002
Do you know how much they charge for free roaming? Awesome deal though, I"ll check it out.

smartcap

Jan 27, 2002
Originally posted by: bradster
Do you know how much they charge for free roaming? Awesome deal though, I"ll check it out.

Their $39.99 - 1000 Anytime includes unlimited weekend minutes, free LD, and FREE digital roaming.

I believe this is only a CA promo...

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
For anyone who dosent know, T-Mobile is voicestream... They just changed all our local stores (South Florida) to T-Mobile...

<--- Happy V-Stream customer for the past 2 years.

anonymouschris

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2001
where can i find locations of stores in CA. I have never seen any voicestream/t-mobile stores in CA. will there service be good here in CA, i am shopping for a phone right now...

smartcap

Jan 27, 2002
Originally posted by: wongsoongpak
where can i find locations of stores in CA. I have never seen any voicestream/t-mobile stores in CA. will there service be good here in CA, i am shopping for a phone right now...

You can find the listing for the Corporate stores @ voicestream.com

There are about 600+ T-Mobile dealers in Southern California alone.... We're located in North Orange County in La Habra...PM me for more 411

kaiotes

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2000
i wonder what their coverage my appt has very bad reception only vz and sprint works and i just got an expensive VZ plan

smartcap

Jan 27, 2002
Originally posted by: DecoY
smartcap -
your PMs are disabled.

Ooops.....it is fixed now or email me @ dannytle@h*tmail.com

I work in the La Habra store on Harbor (1/4 of a mile N. of Lambert - across from Burch Ford). Starting Monday morning we will be giving away the Samsung R225 ($89 rebate) and the Motorola T193 ($50 rebate). The Corporate store will sell these fones for $90 i believe.

BTW...if any1 stop by our store and mention that u saw this promo on Anandtech...we will waive the sales tax on the R225 and the T193, as well....

biglaw11

Feb 23, 2001
hi guys!

What about northern california? SF, Berkeley?

I'm a little confused....so is this deal going to be for Voicestream for the provider or T-Mobile? Or is T-Mobile a store? Is there a website? I just went to Voicestream and didn't find any service offerings in CA.

sorry for asking dumb questions, but I'm a little confused. Thanks!

biglaw11

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: biglaw11
hi guys!

I'm a little confused....so is this deal going to be for Voicestream for the provider or T-Mobile? Or is T-Mobile a store? Is there a website? I just went to Voicestream and didn't find any service offerings in CA.

biglaw11

Voicestream merged with a European cellular company T-Mobile... They are the same company now...

Bomex

Nov 30, 2001
Originally posted by: smartcap

I work in the La Habra store on Harbor (1/4 of a mile N. of Lambert - across from Burch Ford). Starting Monday morning we will be giving away the Samsung R225 ($89 rebate) and the Motorola T193 ($50 rebate). The Corporate store will sell these fones for $90 i believe.

BTW...if any1 stop by our store and mention that u saw this promo on Anandtech...we will waive the sales tax on the R225 and the T193, as well....
w00T! I'll be there on monday!! :D

oh yeah, do u guys offer different phones?
like the sanyo ones...(or are they only for sprint?)
or the other color lcd ones?

JokerF15

Golden Member
Mar 6, 2000
Hrmmm..

The $40/month plan sound really good.

When does the nights start? 8pm? 9pm?

Also, the store that YOU work at, is that in S. Cali?? or North....

What other retail stores up here (north cali) are offering this plan on monday. Or do i hafta wait..

-JokerF15

RichieZ

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2000

Their $39.99 - 1000 Anytime includes unlimited weekend minutes, free LD, and FREE digital roaming.

So if I where to buy this phone in CA (my home state) but I go to school in chicago could I use it w/o paying roaming charges?

O ya does verizon have GSM in the bay area? I kno AT&T has it in chicago and I guess in the bay area since I keep seeing ads for it.

smartcap

Jan 27, 2002
Originally posted by: JokerF15
Hrmmm..

What other retail stores up here (north cali) are offering this plan on monday. Or do i hafta wait..

-JokerF15

There are no nights on these plans...but with this many minutes do u really need nights?

The store i work @ is in Southern California....there a bunch in Northern California as well...but i don't know what they will be selling the fones for ...varies from dealer to dealer....

smartcap

Jan 27, 2002
Originally posted by: biglaw11
hi guys!

biglaw11

Voicestream was bought out by German telecom and therefore they're in a rebranding process.... The rebranding will start with the CA launch on Monday (7/15)...and by 12/2002...Voicesream will become T-Mobile.

You won't find anything on their site yet...u will find it on Monday morning ...or Midnight Sunday...

smartcap

Jan 27, 2002
Originally posted by: Bomex

w00T! I'll be there on monday!! :D

oh yeah, do u guys offer different phones?
like the sanyo ones...(or are they only for sprint?)
or the other color lcd ones?

For teh launch Monday morning we will be in stock on the Samsun R225, Motorola T193, and the Motorola V60....we will also be carrying other phones (visit voicestream.com) but not for thelaunch...

smartcap

Jan 27, 2002
Originally posted by: JokerF15
Hrmmm..

-JokerF15

They'll be offering the same plan...but they might not offe the same deal on the fones....you ca get this deal straight from us if u can't find a dealer up there that are giving away these fones for the launch (there should be a bunch of dealers giving 'em away)

Most Cingular store will be switching to T-Mobile..if they haven't already.

smartcap

Jan 27, 2002
Originally posted by: RichieZZZZ

So if I where to buy this phone in CA (my home state) but I go to school in chicago could I use it w/o paying roaming charges?

O ya does verizon have GSM in the bay area? I kno AT&T has it in chicago and I guess in the bay area since I keep seeing ads for it.

Yes u can ..since this is a Nationwide plan..

KAMAZON

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2001
www.alirazeghi.com
I want a internet phone that I dont have to go *click click click clickclick clickclick click* with the pod all the time, you know with the bigger screens. How much do those run? Do you offer internet support?

kingz

Golden Member
Nov 7, 2000
Are you sure its night and weekends, because voicestream does weekends only

Mr.Diggler

Jan 7, 2000
Voicestream doesn't have analog roaming, right?

These plans look great compared to Sprint, but with Sprint I can use my phone in lots of places where I can't get a digital signal. It's expensive, but nice for emergency/important calls. Does Voicestream do the dual-band thing like that? I know AT&T does.

kLezViruS

May 15, 2002
Originally posted by: Mr.Diggler
Voicestream doesn't have analog roaming, right?

These plans look great compared to Sprint, but with Sprint I can use my phone in lots of places where I can't get a digital signal. It's expensive, but nice for emergency/important calls. Does Voicestream do the dual-band thing like that? I know AT&T does.

There is no dual band from GSM in america. Its just one band, which is GSM1900.

THis is a really good plan if you can purchase the phone in CA and bring it to your "real home calling area"

Also look out for the Ericsson T68. DOnt even mess around with the other phones.

The next step in mobile phones are color screens.