3000 Anytime + FREE LD in NV & CA - $49.95

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

smartcap

Jan 27, 2002
I don't have NIGHTS in my original message

Originally posted by: araknis
smartcap,
why not fix your original message to reflect the fact that there are no free NIGHT minutes. I think it's throwing a lot of people off here who don't want to read the next 20 messages to figure that out.

araknis

Oct 19, 1999
rolltide,
I don't know how much truth is behind that link. From all the stores I've called, no one has ever heard of nights and weekends that start at 7pm for 2.99.

Anyways, for people who want a good deal on the phones I'd suggest stores in the Alhambra/Monterey Park area in Los Angeles. Since I don't work for any stores, my opinion is unbiased. If you call a few of them you'll see what I'm talking about.

araknis

Oct 19, 1999
Originally posted by: smartcap
Monday - July 15th T-Mobile will be launching in California...here is there promo rate plan for CA:

39.99/month
1000 anytime minutes
Unlimited Nights and Weekends
Free Nationwide long distance

This is a quote of your original message. You state Unlimited Nights on the third line.

biglaw11

Feb 23, 2001

Does anyone know how this new service compares to Cingular?! The plans sound really good, but I'm just afraid to get another "cingular", if you know what I mean. Would t-mobile be sharing towers with Cingular since they're both on the GSM network?

biglaw11

smartcap

Jan 27, 2002
Thnx for the headsup...it's correct now...

Originally posted by: araknis
Originally posted by: smartcap
Monday - July 15th T-Mobile will be launching in California...here is there promo rate plan for CA:

39.99/month
1000 anytime minutes
Unlimited Nights and Weekends

This is a quote of your original message. You state Unlimited Nights on the third line.

smartcap

Jan 27, 2002
Unlike Cingular, T-Mobile has no1 on their switch...therefore u should get less busy (or at all) ...can't get thru calls...they also have been approved for additional cell towers where Cingular did not...

Originally posted by: biglaw11
Does anyone know how this new service compares to Cingular?! The plans sound really good, but I'm just afraid to get another "cingular", if you know what I mean. Would t-mobile be sharing towers with Cingular since they're both on the GSM network?

biglaw11

IMiIKo

Apr 28, 2001
Hey smartcap! Great work on the post, and answering everybodies quetions. I commend you. Instead of working, I've been reading this thread and check'n out the website. I have one request tho, perhaps I skipped over it going through this long thread, but I didn't catch the address to your work location, so I can mapquest it. This way I can get it from you, and others too. We'll get a great deal, and you'll make a kill'n off of commission.

ynotravid

Jun 20, 2002
How are they going to make a killing in the CA market if they are paying royalties to be on the Cingular network. I am mostly concerned with the type of service that your going to get. I mean, the minutes are wonderful but so were my minutes with Sprint and I had to change cuz outside of San Fransisco I couldn't even get a dial tone.

? (=Þ)

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Okay, is T-Mobile going to piggy back Cingular's GSM service? Cuz cingular is pretty bad as it is...

w9design

Golden Member
Mar 1, 2000
Yes, VS will use Cingular's GSM towers; however VS will also be expanding the network via their own towers in under-covered areas.
Additionally, VS will use their own switches, so overload shouldn't be a problem. Additionally, I've heard that Cingular dumped $450Million into tower upgrades... all of which will be activated Monday.

edit: and to those who think T-Mobile won't make a killing in CA because of royalties to Cingular, remember taht the agreement is a two way street. Any time a Cingular GSM customer ventures out of CA, NV or the carolinas, they're roaming on VoiceStream towers. This includes New York where Cingular sells service.

hoomza444

Aug 21, 2000
ok, here is my understanding. AT&T and Cingular have started sharing the GSM network down in So. Cal. AT&T was also supposed to switch to teh GSM network in June of 2002 up here in northern cal. for some reason unknown to me, this hasn't happened yet. But that said, AT&T, VS, and Cingular will all be sharing the same networks throughout california. I have to say, Cingular has gotten better in the past year, when they first came out with the U/L NW, their network was so overloaded that it was crap, but it ahs gotten a lot better. But with the addition of VS and ATT to the networks, even if they do expand their network and both ATT and VS create their own towers, that still means taht service, atleast for a while, is going to suck for everyone.

but then, it's still probably worth it. i won't be switching naytime soon as a TDMA ATT customer on contract for 2 years, but for 3000 Peak + unlimited weekends for 49.99, if i had a choice i would. i mean, a current att customer gets 600 peak and 3500/UL NW, for 49.99, if you aren't using all 600, that leaves u with 2400+ NIGHT minutes, plus unlimited weekend minutes, it still works out to about the same, for those of us that make many calls in the day, this is killer.

IMiIKo

Apr 28, 2001
Wasn't there some rumor about at&t having some new plans and changes on the 14th? The 14th has come and has gone, and where are those new plans? I wanna know if I should end my contract now with at&t now, and get on this deal, or hop on at&t's new plans. If I wait too long, I won't be able to cancel my contract. Just my brain going off.

loudmouth

Dec 9, 2000
There is also a rumor in the business world that ATT wireless and T-Mobile are talking about a merger.

smartcap

Jan 27, 2002
Originally posted by: bradster
Do you know how much they charge for free roaming? Awesome deal though, I"ll check it out.

It's FREE roaming on the NATIONWIDE plan...

smartcap

Jan 27, 2002
You can find our contact info @ cellexpression.com 8)

BTW...this will be confirmed 2morrow morning @ 8AM; it looks like T-Mobile have up their family plan to :

1600 ANYTIME
Unlimited T-Mobile to T-Mobile Minutes
Unlimited Weekend Minutes
Free Digital Roaming across the US

All for $69.99/month (this is for the initial 2 lines); every additional line is $10.

Remember 2 mention that u saw it on here to receive NO SALES TAX on the Motorola T193 and the Samsung R225.

Originally posted by: IMiIKo
Hey smartcap! Great work on the post, and answering everybodies quetions. I commend you. Instead of working, I've been reading this thread and check'n out the website. I have one request tho, perhaps I skipped over it going through this long thread, but I didn't catch the address to your work location, so I can mapquest it. This way I can get it from you, and others too. We'll get a great deal, and you'll make a kill'n off of commission.

smartcap

Jan 27, 2002
On the REGIONAL plan of $49.99 u only get 3000 ANYTIME.....there are no NIGHTS and UNLMITED WEEKENDS..

U only get the UNLIMITED WEEKENDS ON THE NATIONWIDE & FAMILY PLAN.

Originally posted by: hoomza444ut then, it's still probably worth it. i won't be switching naytime soon as a TDMA ATT customer on contract for 2 years, but for 3000 Peak + unlimited weekends for 49.99, if i had a choice i would. i mean, a current att customer gets 600 peak and 3500/UL NW, for 49.99, if you aren't using all 600, that leaves u with 2400+ NIGHT minutes, plus unlimited weekend minutes, it still works out to about the same, for those of us that make many calls in the day, this is killer.

loudmouth

Dec 9, 2000
Hey SmartCap,

Does the Family plan and national plan have the same coverage area. It looks like they do since they are under the same link. Also what about this nights option is see. T-Mobile's site allows you to add the nights as an option. What is the cost of this for the Family Plan.
Also whats your real name, just would like to know who to contact when if i decide to get this.

Thanks,

smartcap

Jan 27, 2002
That NIGHT option is not available yet to my knowledge..I don't know y it's there... (very misleading)

Ask for Danny when u visit the store.... 8)

Originally posted by: loudmouth
Hey SmartCap,

Does the Family plan and national plan have the same coverage area. It looks like they do since they are under the same link. Also what about this nights option is see. T-Mobile's site allows you to add the nights as an option. What is the cost of this for the Family Plan.
Also whats your real name, just would like to know who to contact when if i decide to get this.

Thanks,

Wiser007

Dec 28, 2001
1000min National = UNLIMITED WEEKENDS FREE & NO NIGHTS OPTIONS
3000min Regional = 2.99 for UNLIMITED NIGHTS & WEEKENDS MINS 0

is this info correct?

NewSc2

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2002
Wiser007, i don't think that they'll be including nights and weekend at all, it'd be great if they did though, i'd jump on this immediately.

Right now i'm paying $50/month for Cingular, 300 minutes anytime, Unlimited Mobile-Mobile, Unlimited Nights/Weekend, and Free LD. The Mobile-Mobile is what saves me usually; most of my friends have Cingular too. The nights start at 8pm.

Smartcap, do you know if T-Mobile will be offering mobile to mobile or nights/weekend addon (or just weekend) later on in the future perhaps? Also, the threat title is 3000 anytime + Free LD for $50/month. I'm not seeing any free LD for the regional plan anywhere though, so how does that work? Can I call anywhere in the US without getting charged for LD, or is it just CA/NV area, or is it just my area code?

Thanks for the great deal!

smartcap

Jan 27, 2002
Everything is correct except for the NIGHT option. The NIGHT option has not yet been confirmed.....and is not yet available...

Originally posted by: Wiser007
1000min National = UNLIMITED WEEKENDS FREE & NO NIGHTS OPTIONS
3000min Regional = 2.99 for UNLIMITED NIGHTS & WEEKENDS MINS 0

is this info correct?

m1ke101

Platinum Member
Mar 30, 2001
wow this seems like a killer deal, anyone know what phones are available with this plan? i'm really interested in this, and i have my heart set on getting the t68, that phone is so sweet, i must have it, but i want to know how much i'm going to have to pay out of my own pocket for it.