You ever think of going gay?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mr Pickles

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
Originally posted by: zebano
Originally posted by: MrLee
Seriously guys, I'm glad it has come to this. Now we can really analyze just wtf ATOT is made of. I hope this opens some eyes.

Oh and by all means, YAGT is really FTL. You guys have apparently been asking for girl advice from individuals with very little resource to back their replies. I think all "omg my gf hates me becuase I can't make decisions on my own what should I do?.." threads and the like should be autobanned.

Stop getting advice from a forum and start talking to real life people. Parents are a good start, then move down the ladder from there. Hopefully ATOT will be at the bottom of your list and not so high as some of you keep it.

Dude, do you have any idea how boring my day at work would be without these? Hi-larious stuff. OP, turn in your man card now.

Oh I don't know what I would do without ATOT for my lunch kicks. But for those that consider using a strangers advice on critial life topics such as sexuality over the advice of someone they personally know or someone that is not speacialized to deal with things like this is honestly not healthy. That was definatly a run-on sentence.

EDIT: Spelling

aidanjm

Lifer
Aug 9, 2004
Originally posted by: MisterJackson
Originally posted by: aidanjm
Originally posted by: Accipiter22
I guess I have to look in a guy's butthole for hapiness now :(

you were looking in a girl's vagina or butthole for happiness? somehow I don't think happiness is located there.

Watch your mouth gay guy. Don't knock it till you've tried it! :p

my point was that long lasting contentment in a relationship might depend on more things than sex alone :p

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I've considered coming out of the closet before. I am a lesbian trapped in a man's body...Oh the anguish of it all...

pinion9

Banned
May 5, 2005
I am 25, married with 2 kids. It is awesome.

My best friend is 27 and hasn't had a decent girlfriend in several years. Hell, I can't remember a single girlfriend of his I liked. His problem: STANDARDS ARE TOO SPECIFIC! Not too high, not too low. He likes a certain thing. He wants somewhat smart and succesful, around 6' tall, and 140 pounds or so. He doesn't like girls that don't fit into this mold.

I LOVE short girls (5'2" or so) that are stacked. My wife knows this, but she is about 5'7" and while stacked, not like a short girl is.

I have a favorite restaurant. I love eating there. But it isn't the only place I'll eat. Understand? I broke the mold with my wife and couldn't be happier about it. She is damn sexy, and while she may not have been my favorite dish when we first met, she sure as hell is now.

As for personal things, start making a f*cking effort. Look girls in the eye. Find a girl that can just be a friend. Play basketball with her. Get comfortable with her. That is the best thing you can do. Almost all my friends in highschool were chicks. We hung out. It made me so comfortable around women. That really paid off when I wanted to date a girl.

SViper

Feb 17, 2005
Where is Zycoplasm(sp?) at? It's been a while since he's graced us with his knowledge about this subject.

Jun 19, 2004
Originally posted by: MisterJackson
I guess I have to look in a guy's butthole for hapiness now :(

you were looking in a girl's vagina or butthole for happiness? somehow I don't think happiness is located there.

Watch your mouth gay guy. Don't knock it till you've tried it! :p

my point was that long lasting contentment in a relationship might depend on more things than sex alone :p

Again, don't speak of that which you do not know.....pussy has a mighty and long lasting power. I've seen marriages result from said power alone and nothing more!

j/k, well, not really, but I'm joking with you.

Does that make me gay now? Joking around with a gay guy?

<_____Goes to take shower in fetal position

randay

Lifer
May 30, 2006
Originally posted by: BoomerD
I've considered coming out of the closet before. I am a lesbian trapped in a man's body...Oh the anguish of it all...

liek! Oh. Mugod! me too!!

oCxTiTaN

May 7, 2004
I'd say your biggest problem is confidence as if you like car stereo equipment, video games, working out and playing basketball AND you are going to college to get a degree you are a very well-rounded guy. Girls don't want a guy who is too obsessed with one hobby or another and like someone with many hobbies because it indicates an openness to try something new and a higher likelyhood that you will love her for her and ignore or live with her faults.

You need to just get out and talk to the types of women that you are most uncomfortable around (i.e. - the successful/beautiful ones) and just get used to the fact that while men may find them beautiful, they may not feel the same way. Even the hottest girls I've met are self-conscious and are always looking for reassurance or someone to make them feel like they are a person, not just a sex toy.

Treat these women like you actually are interested in what is in their heart and mind, not their bra and panties, and you should do just fine.

honkee

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 2004
I have a business here in Chicago in lakeview east, smack dab heart of boys town chicago.
im talking about 1 block away from halsted here in chicago.
Nothing is wrong with gays and a majority of people in this thread are idiots.
You are born gay cant try to hide that fact.
Believe me i seen it all, middle age 40s with wife and kids that finally decide to come out, ive got plenty of stories thatll probably make half of this forums disck shrivel
:)
I talk to gorgeous women all day as well, that happen to be single, believe me man women are out there, but dont go and make stupid ass comments about coming out the closet, i spent 3 years in MASS, lynn, peabody, salem, downtown boston.
Women are out there, just dont me bad at yourself if your game is weak

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Originally posted by: honkee
I have a business here in Chicago in lakeview east, smack dab heart of boys town chicago.
Believe me i seen it all, middle age 40s with wife and kids that finally decide to come out, ive got plenty of stories thatll probably make half of this forums disck shrivel
I talk to gorgeous women all day as well, that happen to be single, believe me man women are out there, but dont go and make stupid ass comments about coming out the closet, i spent 3 years in MASS, lynn, peabody, salem, downtown boston.

Haha, I am about to buy a condo near Belmont and Broadway.

The area is indeed very lively. A lot of the gay population is moving to uptown, edgewater, buena park where the real estate is cheaper though.

elektrolokomotive

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2004
Originally posted by: K1052

The area is indeed very lively. A lot of the gay population is moving to uptown, edgewater, buena park where the real estate is cheaper though.

I used to live in Uptown when it was reallllly cheap. They used to pull bodybags out of the apartment building across the street from me.

honkee

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 2004

yeah i live up north, montrose/clarendon to be exact.
Everyone is moving out the neighborhood since its been the attack of the baby strollers lately
;)
belmont/broadway, youve got so much ****** to do around there.
Chipotle and chicken hut

honkee

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 2004
Originally posted by: elektrolokomotive

I used to live in Uptown when it was reallllly cheap. They used to pull bodybags out of the apartment building across the street from me.

lol i seen it myself

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

yeah i live up north, montrose/clarendon to be exact.
Everyone is moving out the neighborhood since its been the attack of the baby strollers lately
;)
belmont/broadway, youve got so much ****** to do around there.
Chipotle and chicken hut

That is one of the main reasons I'm moving from the west loop, there just isn't crap around me to do or eat.
I will however now be at the mercry of the CTA.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Originally posted by: elektrolokomotive

Getting off the Red Line up there is always a treat. Should be great in a few more years though.

jhayx7

Platinum Member
Oct 1, 2005
Some of my friends have tossed around the idea of going gay. Esp. the ones who have been divorced. It isn't that they would be gay but think about coming home from a hard days work, instead of having your old lady nag at you, you and your life partner could go down to the bar and grab a dozen wings, beer, and watch a football game all while checking out chicks (not to pick them up but to remind yourself that I could be stuck with that girl right now who is talking about the latest article in GQ about Paris Hilton, rather I am at a bar eating wings, drinking beer with my partner and after 3 beers hes looking mighty good).

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
girls hate me, and you can only take so many rejections in stride before you realize you weren't meant to have hapiness in a certain direction. I guess I have to look somewhere else. I'm just not to have a happy life, or the hapiness that I want with a girl. I'm 25 and my longest relationship was with a girl 5 years ago, it lasted 7 weeks. I haven't had a gf in 4 years. I haven't gotten to a 2nd date with a girl in about 3 years. I can't find hapiness with girls, the hapiness I desire. I guess I have to look in a guy's butthole for hapiness now :(

you are kidding ? :Q

RaiderJ

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2001
So you're having trouble finding someone, and you're considering being gay? Doesn't that reduce you're "available" options WAY down?

y2kc

Platinum Member
Sep 2, 2000
no. never considered being gay but then again i've never had problems with the ladies but i'll go out on a limb and say i'd never consider it... under any circumstance.

speaking of going gay, this should be good....

hans030390

Diamond Member
Feb 3, 2005
I wouldn't consider being gay just because you have bad luck with the ladies (which is likely fixable on your part).

I'm pretty sure if you really try and wait things out, you'll find a female that's right for you (and of course, you're right for her).

But if you're looking for happiness in being gay just because you've lost hope, if you ever found it, I'm not quite sure it'd be real happiness.

I find this thread to be humorous.

aidanjm

Lifer
Aug 9, 2004
girls hate me, and you can only take so many rejections in stride before you realize you weren't meant to have hapiness in a certain direction. I guess I have to look somewhere else. I'm just not to have a happy life, or the hapiness that I want with a girl. I'm 25 and my longest relationship was with a girl 5 years ago, it lasted 7 weeks. I haven't had a gf in 4 years. I haven't gotten to a 2nd date with a girl in about 3 years. I can't find hapiness with girls, the hapiness I desire. I guess I have to look in a guy's butthole for hapiness now :(

did you go gay yet? :p

maybe you should just explore being a social hermit/ recluse for a while, and instead of seeking romance maybe direct your energies into a career, sports, computers, study, whatever. seems like that would be the more productive option.