You ever think of going gay?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Alphathree33

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2000
Alternatively you can always go Google queries for any of the following:

David DeAngelo
Stephane Hemon
Tyler Durden

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: otispunkmeyer
im almost the opposite and it still not good (grass is always greener....... but it still needs mowing)

i get plenty of attention off the girls, which explains why ive been in many relationships with lots of girls...but the girl im with now is the one :) no more playin

but not only that...... i get plenty of attention off the boys too! im definately not gay, but i thought gay people had a kinda 6th sense about another bloke, like they could tell if he was gay or not. i've got one guy, who is a friend, who still trys to chat me up now! though im sure he now does it to take the piss, but there was once a time when tried it on for real
the latter is very annoying indeed. nearly every gay person ive met has shown a strong liking to me!!! makes me think im doing something wrong! or im acting camp or something

You should start a self-worship thread.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
No.

Guys are hairy and horribly nasty. Women are soft, smell nice, and attractive. Plus, well, you know they have breasts.

Plus women are a lot gigglier.

CptObvious

Platinum Member
Mar 5, 2004
Originally posted by: oCxTiTaN
Honestly man, think this out. It's a common misconception to think turning gay will ultimately solve this problem...that gay guys and lesbians are wild sexual creatures who only live to screw other gays and lesbians. Not true. Now, I'm not gay, nor have I ever thought of being so, but it's crazy to think that if you were to turn gay, men would be all over you. The problems you are encountering with women will only follow you so what you need, it seems, is counselling or a serious talk with someone you really trust to figure out what exactly is going wrong.

Sit back and think to yourself:

What makes me me?
What are the best qualities about me?
What are things I really need to work on?
What have been the problems with my past relationships?
Are my standards too high?
What exactly am I looking for in a women?

Things to help get chicks would include:

Be yourself. Don't try to impress, but don't be a prick. Girls like nice guys who aren't faking anything, including being nice.
Make them laugh. Women absolutely love a funny guy, but don't force it and watch what you joke about. Racial/blonde/dead baby jokes just may not be her thing.
Treat them better than you would yourself, and truly fall in love with her, not her looks or ass, which will both inevitably go south with age.
See them for who they really are and don't force the relationship. You can love someone and they still might not be "the one."

There are plenty of girls/women out there. If one, two, or even ten don't work out, they simply weren't meant to be. Nothing more, nothing less.
This man speaks the truth. I've heard the advice many times before, but it took me 26 years to figure it out for myself recently. You can (and should) try to improve yourself, but the basic you - your appearance, your natural character traits, intellect, etc. are things you should never have to apologize for. If the girls you meet aren't attracted to them, there will be one that will.

Atlantean

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001
Not really, I'm 23, haven't had a whole lot of girlfriends until the past year or so... in the past year and a bit I have started working out, and cut back on video game playing. I have found that it really isn't that difficult to get a date, and making your move on the chick (kiss... the grope... sex etc.) is often the only "hard part". You could try being gay, but its not really something you choose, its the way you are born.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
you are probably one of those people that really wants something different in the relationships in their lives but is unwilling to change anything about themselves in order to get it.

my sympathy has left the building.

May 16, 2000
No, though I wish I did. I love women far too much to give them up. I think I would do better as a lesbian, except for having the whole penis thing.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
The few gay men that I know are even more mentally unstable than most women that I know. No thanks. Besides... They don't have boobies, and I like boobies :)

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Originally posted by: ultimatebob
The few gay men that I know are even more mentally unstable than most women that I know. No thanks. Besides... They don't have boobies, and I like boobies :)

I'm willing to bet there are a plethora of manboobies around here...

DaShen

Lifer
Dec 1, 2000
Originally posted by: moshquerade
you can't "turn gay" :p

Kinsey would say otherwise. It is a level of nature and a level of environment. Choice comes into play.

Accipiter22

Banned
Feb 11, 2005
Originally posted by: oCxTiTaN
Honestly man, think this out. It's a common misconception to think turning gay will ultimately solve this problem...that gay guys and lesbians are wild sexual creatures who only live to screw other gays and lesbians. Not true. Now, I'm not gay, nor have I ever thought of being so, but it's crazy to think that if you were to turn gay, men would be all over you. The problems you are encountering with women will only follow you so what you need, it seems, is counselling or a serious talk with someone you really trust to figure out what exactly is going wrong.

Sit back and think to yourself:

What makes me me?
What are the best qualities about me?
What are things I really need to work on?
What have been the problems with my past relationships?
Are my standards too high?
What exactly am I looking for in a women?

Things to help get chicks would include:

Be yourself. Don't try to impress, but don't be a prick. Girls like nice guys who aren't faking anything, including being nice.
Make them laugh. Women absolutely love a funny guy, but don't force it and watch what you joke about. Racial/blonde/dead baby jokes just may not be her thing.
Treat them better than you would yourself, and truly fall in love with her, not her looks or ass, which will both inevitably go south with age.
See them for who they really are and don't force the relationship. You can love someone and they still might not be "the one."

There are plenty of girls/women out there. If one, two, or even ten don't work out, they simply weren't meant to be. Nothing more, nothing less.

Originally posted by: IHateMyJob2004
Originally posted by: Accipiter22
girls hate me, and you can only take so many rejections in stride before you realize you weren't meant to have hapiness in a certain direction. I guess I have to look somewhere else. I'm just not to have a happy life, or the hapiness that I want with a girl. I'm 25 and my longest relationship was with a girl 5 years ago, it lasted 7 weeks. I haven't had a gf in 4 years. I haven't gotten to a 2nd date with a girl in about 3 years. I can't find hapiness with girls, the hapiness I desire. I guess I have to look in a guy's butthole for hapiness now :(

HAhahaha:

I had one girlfriend for 3 motnhs when I was 20. Then when i was 26 mabe, I dated a girl for about 2 months.

Then later at around 26, I met my wife. Now I'm 30 and have a baby with a second on the way.

In my case, I think I just wasn't mighting the right girls. I spent alot of time at bars, etc. Well, I have a brain and bar chicks just wern't for me I guess. I met a teacher via match.com and it worked out great.

So .... what exactly is your story?

Oh, and no ... I never thought about it once. I love chicks!

Thanks, I guess I should probably look at what I'm donig. Honestly I think my standards are too low actually, it's probably why I never meet a great quality girl. I'm too busy mucking around with awful girls, so I can't see through to the really good ones. The problem is, I don't know how to TALK to normal girls, like wtf do I say?? I don't do anything really. I love car stereo stuff, playing madden, going to the gym, and I play basketball till my shins turn black & blue and I have to sit out for a month. That's about it. I'm 25, have no degree, and am going to college currently to try to rectify this. I mean honestly, I don't know what a successful girl would like me for. When I get around higher quality girls that I'd like to date, I Really have nothing to say; maybe I act different around them, like I don't act like I would when hanging out with my friends when I'm just relaxed and stuff. I dunno. By the time you're 25 in today's times there's DEFINETLY not a lot of decent girls who aren't engaged/marrried, so I'm runnin out of time.

Also I hate making eye contact with people. I've NEVER been sure how much is too much or too little.

Alex

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 1999
it crossed my mind once or twice but really, this sums it up:

"if it wasn't for the pussy, i would be gay"

:laugh:

and dude the more neurotic about relationships etc u are the less likely u will be to actually just have some fun... i haven't 'dated' a girl in ages but i try to hook up with girls on a regular basis... i have no interest in dating really at the time being :p

Manuwell

Jan 19, 2006
OP is now only looking for attention, jokes and/or pity.
If he wants to turn to men / animals or anything else, it's all good for the others.
There will be one more girl for you guys.

The day will come when he'll be ready to move his @ss and get some self-esteem. Then he won't post it here or anywhere else.

That said.. a hole is a hole

murban135

Platinum Member
Apr 7, 2003
Almost any guy can get a girl even if they are old, fat or ugly. The exception are guys that are needy and desperate. That is exactly what you sound like. Once you learn to be yourself and stop being desperate, I think you will have better experiences. Good Luck to you.

dxkj

Lifer
Feb 17, 2001
Unless you are trying to pick up 1-4 women a day, you arent trying hard enough... it will suck the first month, but after youve gone through trying to pick up 120, you will be more comfortable, and chances are, out of 120, you wont get 120 no's

Jun 19, 2004
I'm impressed with the bulk of the responses in this thread. I clicked on it fully expecting the OP to be strung up by his toes on this one, but you guys are giving him actual, real, honest advice.

OP, seriously listen to the peeps who say you need counseling. Admiting you need it is a hard thing to do, but you're the only one who pays for it in the end if you don't.

Me personally, I'm thinking about counseling, but I don't seem to have the time (I know, I need to make it).

I have unrealistic expectations of women, and I've also recently discovered something about myself. That is, I'm only attracted to really hot women who have major issues (Daddy issues, bitches, etc.). I'm not happy unless the girl I'm with is a straight up bitch. It's sick I know, but damn they're fun.

My last girlfriend lasted six months. She was a freak, but portrayed herself to be whatever I wanted her to be. She was not that bright, but she was a master manipulator. It sucked me in hook line and sinker. Oddly enough it took my ex wife and another girl I was seeing on the side to clear my clouded vision and see things for what they really were. So I got out. I didn't want to, I love pussy WAY too much, but sometimes not all pussy is good pussy (God, I never thought I'd say that).

As you grow up you'll find your tastes change and maybe you'll be a little more forgiving of a persons shortcomings and look instead at their good attributes.

What do you enjoy doing? Art? Take a drawing class....awesome way to meet chicks. Church is a great place too, and I don't care what the girl tells you 99% of church going females are straight up freaky leaks in bed.

I've also found my ex wife to be extremely helpful in shaping who I am now because I'll ask her "what's "wrong" with me?" and she'll give it to me straight. I work on that issue and feel better about who I am in the end. A true female friend can be an awesome tool in landing more women. My ex hooks me up with her good looking friends, or talks other women up for me if we're out.

Just figure out what resources you do have and use them the best way you can.

And get some counseling man, seriously. It can't hurt to get some of this off your chest to a trained professional. Hell, that's what you're doing here, right?!

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
Seriously:

So you haven't had any luck with women, so you despair and go to men? WTF? Do this right now: picture yourself getting fvcked in the a$$ by a guy. Vividly. Do you get an erection? If not, you are not gay and there is no way you can become gay unless it happens naturally. All this means is that you have to change your standards/the way you act. Note I said "change" not "lower". Its just a matter of learning what women want in a guy, and then becoming (within reason) that guy. You have to change yourself here. Give yourself a pep-talk and figure out what your doing wrong.

2 quick tips:
1. Hang out with guys who are good with women. Something will rub off.
2. If you have any female family/close friends that are close to your age, ask them for advice. You'd be suprised how much good this does (did wonders for me in high school)

And get some therapy.

aidanjm

Lifer
Aug 9, 2004
I guess I have to look in a guy's butthole for hapiness now :(

you were looking in a girl's vagina or butthole for happiness? somehow I don't think happiness is located there.

zebano

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2005
Originally posted by: MrLee
Seriously guys, I'm glad it has come to this. Now we can really analyze just wtf ATOT is made of. I hope this opens some eyes.

Oh and by all means, YAGT is really FTL. You guys have apparently been asking for girl advice from individuals with very little resource to back their replies. I think all "omg my gf hates me becuase I can't make decisions on my own what should I do?.." threads and the like should be autobanned.

Stop getting advice from a forum and start talking to real life people. Parents are a good start, then move down the ladder from there. Hopefully ATOT will be at the bottom of your list and not so high as some of you keep it.

Dude, do you have any idea how boring my day at work would be without these? Hi-larious stuff. OP, turn in your man card now.

aidanjm

Lifer
Aug 9, 2004
Gay or straight - everyone at some point in their life will confront feelings of loneliness or alienation. It's part of being human.

Jun 19, 2004
Originally posted by: aidanjm
I guess I have to look in a guy's butthole for hapiness now :(

you were looking in a girl's vagina or butthole for happiness? somehow I don't think happiness is located there.

Watch your mouth gay guy. Don't knock it till you've tried it! :p