WoW Open Beta

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CVSiN

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2004
Originally posted by: Malladine
we're gonna start orcs...dunno what classes though.

I'm considering warlock, she has no idea. I'd guess my pet can tank later on, lvl 10ish? So she wont necessarily have to be a tank capable class, right?

Food and potions will have to do for healing.

Orcs pfft. no wonder you had a crappy time in stress =P
the horde side stinks for quests and content... and thier cities are terrible..
try alliance youll have a better time
much more done feeling...
btw no warlock pets dont really tank that well..
you would still benefit greatly from a partner that can heal or tank...

pets are very fragile and cannot tank much..
if you want a class with a pet that can tank its butt off try Hunter...
Hunter once your pet gets taunt and you get your avoid ability you wont get hit much ever....

Malladine

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: CVSiN

I'm considering warlock, she has no idea. I'd guess my pet can tank later on, lvl 10ish? So she wont necessarily have to be a tank capable class, right?

Orcs pfft. no wonder you had a crappy time in stress =P
the horde side stinks for quests and content... and thier cities are terrible..
try alliance youll have a better time
much more done feeling...
btw no warlock pets dont really tank that well..
you would still benefit greatly from a partner that can heal or tank...

pets are very fragile and cannot tank much..
if you want a class with a pet that can tank its butt off try Hunter...
Hunter once your pet gets taunt and you get your avoid ability you wont get hit much ever....
I played a dwarf paladin to lvl 8 in stress :)
She played a tauren shaman to lvl 15. So dont go Orcs?

CVSiN

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2004
its ok if you alrady tried alliance then try horde if you want..
i tried both and I dont like the horde land at all..

I find there are alot more fun things (quests) and better hunting grounds as a alliance person..

but if you didnt care for it heck try the dark side..
maybe thats what will make the game for you...
Undead warlocks are amazing though and have some pretty fun newbie quests

Chompman

Banned
Mar 14, 2003
I played a dwarf paladin to lvl 8 in stress :)
She played a tauren shaman to lvl 15. So dont go Orcs?

Played a Dwarf paladin myself up to lvl 22 and liked it.

I am trying the horde just because I did alliance during the stress test and sounds like they finally added more quests for the horde.

Probly will try the paladin for when it's open if the talents they just gave them are any good.

Malladine

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
its ok if you alrady tried alliance then try horde if you want..
i tried both and I dont like the horde land at all..

I find there are alot more fun things (quests) and better hunting grounds as a alliance person..

but if you didnt care for it heck try the dark side..
maybe thats what will make the game for you...
Undead warlocks are amazing though and have some pretty fun newbie quests
well, heh, I also had a lvl 5 orc warrior and an 8 undead rogue. Undead are MEH. I like to actually see what i'm wearing for one. The orc I really didn't play enough. Oh and a lvl 6/7 NE Druid

skace

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Lets get some "servername - alliance/horde - names" going. I'd start but I havn't picked my server yet. Deffinitely going undead unless theres a huge alliance group here.

ViciouS

Golden Member
Apr 1, 2001

Don't play it.... Never play it your going to waste your life away it?s not worth it..... I have played it during the stress test and I wish I never heard of this game. Every other second since the stress test went down (the first one) I've been thinking about this freaking game!!!!! If it?s your first time playing,

I HOPE you?re not a big fan of sleep, because sleep is going to be something you?re going to do at work from now on, and while your sleeping at work your going to be thinking about this freaking game..... at least until you get fired. Are you going to care you got fired? No, the 250 dollars you get from unemployment are just enough to afford a crappy room some where with high speed internet, the monthly WOW fee, and enough Ramon noodles to sustain life.

Sex is a thing of the past your significant other is going to leave you!!!!! Is this going to bother you, an emphatic NO, She/He bugged you to get off the game anyway, so now you can play in peace, But who cares your married to a guy named Doug who has a female character in the game, named cindy2005. She is a dwarf and for some reason when he does the dance emote it kind of makes you feel funny down there.

If one of your loyal friends happens to get you away from your computer, and you go to a bar or something, andif there is a good looking Girl/guy who can see past the dark circles under your eyes and lack of hygiene; you?re going to ruin it. It's only a matter of time before you start ranting about chain mail/weapon/ or a new spell, Revealing your true self, Disgusting your friends and everyone around you.

I love this game. I mean, I HATE THIS GAME! If heroin is illegal in this country SO SHOULD THIS GAME! STAY FAR, FAR AWAY FROM IT!!!!!!!!! GOD HELP US ALL!!!!!!!!!

Chompman

Banned
Mar 14, 2003
Originally posted by: ViciouS

Don't play it.... Never play it your going to waste your life away it?s not worth it..... I have played it during the stress test and I wish I never heard of this game. Every other second since the stress test went down (the first one) I've been thinking about this freaking game!!!!! If it?s your first time playing,

I HOPE you?re not a big fan of sleep, because sleep is going to be something you?re going to do at work from now on, and while your sleeping at work your going to be thinking about this freaking game..... at least until you get fired. Are you going to care you got fired? No, the 250 dollars you get from unemployment are just enough to afford a crappy room some where with high speed internet, the monthly WOW fee, and enough Ramon noodles to sustain life.

Sex is a thing of the past your significant other is going to leave you!!!!! Is this going to bother you, an emphatic NO, She/He bugged you to get off the game anyway, so now you can play in peace, But who cares your married to a guy named Doug who has a female character in the game, named cindy2005. She is a dwarf and for some reason when he does the dance emote it kind of makes you feel funny down there.

If one of your loyal friends happens to get you away from your computer, and you go to a bar or something, andif there is a good looking Girl/guy who can see past the dark circles under your eyes and lack of hygiene; you?re going to ruin it. It's only a matter of time before you start ranting about chain mail/weapon/ or a new spell, Revealing your true self, Disgusting your friends and everyone around you.

I love this game. I mean, I HATE THIS GAME! If heroin is illegal in this country SO SHOULD THIS GAME! STAY FAR, FAR AWAY FROM IT!!!!!!!!! GOD HELP US ALL!!!!!!!!!

I think someone needs to go outside and see what the sun looks like :D

Malladine

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
650 downloaded
650 uploaded

damn you people are sucking my ethernet teet a tad hard donchathink? :D

CVSiN

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2004

I have a solution... telecommute.. and marry a game girl and get her addicted too =P

gsaldivar

Diamond Member
Apr 30, 2001
Don't play it.... Never play it your going to waste your life away it?s not worth it.....

Yes, well if you're the type of person who lacks any type of self-control then you probably shouldn't be on the Internet in the first place, let alone tinkering around with MMORPGs lol.

gsaldivar

Diamond Member
Apr 30, 2001

Chompman

Banned
Mar 14, 2003
Originally posted by: gsaldivar
Originally posted by: skace
Lets get some "servername - alliance/horde - names" going. I'd start but I havn't picked my server yet. Deffinitely going undead unless theres a huge alliance group here.

West Coast PVE - Horde - Undead Mage - "aeleth"

http://www.thottbot.com/index.cgi?p=aeleth
http://s91037920.onlinehome.us...Shot_101804_231014.jpg
http://s91037920.onlinehome.us...Shot_102604_012216.jpg
http://s91037920.onlinehome.us...Shot_102704_211155.jpg

:beer::D

Too bad the closed beta people will not be with the stress testers and open beta to have fun with them but I could see why on the pvp servers :D

ViciouS

Golden Member
Apr 1, 2001

I have a solution... telecommute.. and marry a game girl and get her addicted too =P

Did you see a few of those costume girls on the bliz sight? Some of them look pretty decent, but who are you kidding no one runs across a female good looking and plays video games, thats like finding a needle in a haystack.

gsaldivar

Diamond Member
Apr 30, 2001
Originally posted by: Chompman
Too bad the closed beta people will not be with the stress testers and open beta to have fun with them but I could see why on the pvp servers :D

Heh, yea - without server segregation, on the PVP servers you'd just have a carpet of newb corpses lol.

On the PVE servers, you'd probably have most people power-levelling their lowbie stress-test friends instead of debugging the high-end content.

ViciouS

Golden Member
Apr 1, 2001
Don't play it.... Never play it your going to waste your life away it?s not worth it.....

Yes, well if you're the type of person who lacks any type of self-control then you probably shouldn't be on the Internet in the first place, let alone tinkering around with MMORPGs lol.

Do you think your Imune? Famous last words, "I won't get addicted."

manko

Golden Member
May 27, 2001
Originally posted by: Cannabis
Anyone else think that the install process is insanely long?

How long does the install take? I've been stuck on Installing "terrain.MPQ" forever...

Necrolezbeast

Apr 11, 2002
I have no idea why you people are having so many problems with FP and stuff. They sent me my key the second I requested it and downloaded at a constant 430kbps. I kinda like my fileplanet account, I have never downloaded anything from their "high speed" line at under 400k and never had to wait to do so.

ViciouS

Golden Member
Apr 1, 2001
Do you think your Imune? Famous last words, "I won't get addicted."

I can quit ANYTIME I want...! ;)

The first step to recovery is admitting we are powerless over our addiction.....

manko

Golden Member
May 27, 2001
Originally posted by: manko
How long does the install take? I've been stuck on Installing "terrain.MPQ" forever...

In case anyone has the same problem, I found this thread on the official site:

terrain.mpq

The problem seems to be that there is a bug in the WOW downloader client, so when it says 100% Complete, it's not actually finished. When the installer hangs that means data is missing, so you have to start up the downloader again until you get the last missing segments.