WoW Open Beta

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ViciouS

Golden Member
Apr 1, 2001
Originally posted by: JRSork
Originally posted by: ViciouS
No way to get it if you dont pay FP? Money Hording BASTARDS!
Nope no way. I'm finally downloading the client from FP "high speed" line and only getting average 30-50 KBps.
:disgust:

Hah!

I'm sooooo broke no way im going to pay 15 bux to play a game im going to have to pay 15 bux a month for when it comes out.....! When does the Skress test end so i can jump on the free Open Beta?

ViciouS

Golden Member
Apr 1, 2001
Man this game is "VIRTUAL CRACK" i think we are all getting into somthing much more serious then we all can imagine.. We are committing social sucide... God Help Us ALL

Chompman

Banned
Mar 14, 2003
Sounds like Fileplanet are in so much trouble :D

Looks like they are sending the keys out in batches and might take a few days to get yours when this thing just lasts 5-7 days. :D

Also they are refusing refunds since they say that you are paying for a fileplanet account and not just to download 1 item (the WoW file and key).

And some rumors that they have limited amount of keys and will not have enough. :p

Thank god open beta is soon and it's free and available to all of us.

Good luck all that have sold their souls to fp :D

Pwned :D

ViciouS

Golden Member
Apr 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Chompman
Sounds like Fileplanet are in so much trouble :D

Looks like they are sending the keys out in batches and might take a few days to get yours when this thing just lasts 5-7 days. :D

Also they are refusing refunds since they say that you are paying for a fileplanet account and not just to download 1 item (the WoW file and key).

And some rumors that they have limited amount of keys and will not have enough. :p

Thank god open beta is soon and it's free and available to all of us.

Good luck all that have sold their souls to fp :D

I worked for a subscription based website and we always said "no refunds" but you can you just need to get your hands dirty. (Sportsline.com)

Chompman

Banned
Mar 14, 2003
Originally posted by: ViciouS

I worked for a subscription based website and we always said "no refunds" but you can you just need to get your hands dirty. (Sportsline.com)

Yea or just call your CC and cancle the payment :D

*****Oh yea it looks like for some people the WoW client was corrupted if they downloaded it from fileplanet :laugh:*****

Cannabis

Apr 15, 2004
Finally got my key from fileplanet after hours of waiting. Several more hours of downloading to come from fileplanet. At least it downloads faster than the blizzard downloader does.

Chompman

Banned
Mar 14, 2003
Originally posted by: Cannabis
Finally got my key from fileplanet after hours of waiting. Several more hours of downloading to come from fileplanet. At least it downloads faster than the blizzard downloader does.

Sounds like you are one of the lucky ones.

Just hope the file isn't corrupt like they have been :p

Also mind pming me your key? :D

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
I love how my upload speeds are usually 3 times faster than my download speeds ... yay...

Blizztorrenting the Wow Open Beta...

DLing Rate | ULing Rate
2kbps 40kbps
10kbps 38kbps
4kbps 29kbps

etc..

etc..

Yay for me ..

Chompman

Banned
Mar 14, 2003
Originally posted by: TheVrolok
I love how my upload speeds are usually 3 times faster than my download speeds ... yay...

Blizztorrenting the Wow Open Beta...

DLing Rate | ULing Rate
2kbps 40kbps
10kbps 38kbps
4kbps 29kbps

etc..

etc..

Yay for me ..

Happens for me also but the upload seems to only work for like 10-30 seconds at those speeds then stops and is a 0 for the next minute or 2.

Chompman

Banned
Mar 14, 2003
Originally posted by: gUEv
any other mirrors for the client?
worldofwarcraft.com is down, lol

Good thing I got it early when it was working, to bad it's still dling slow but at least it shopuld be done once open beta rolls around :D

Just shows how much of a success WoW will be I guess :p

gUEv

Oct 11, 2000
well...i mean...does anyone have another link for the torrent? (it is being served via torrents, right?)

Chompman

Banned
Mar 14, 2003
Originally posted by: gUEv
well...i mean...does anyone have another link for the torrent? (it is being served via torrents, right?)

It was that link that was posted earlier that I have only seen and its quite slow.

Seems like fileplanet doesn't even have any up yet for their paying customers :D

Might want to look on some p2p torrent programs soon and try to get it there.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
Nice job guys, you've done well to assure that in the future more betas will be handled this way (contracted out to FilePlanet).

Couldn't wait a few more days? :roll:

Chompman

Banned
Mar 14, 2003
Originally posted by: Balt
Nice job guys, you've done well to assure that in the future more betas will be handled this way (contracted out to FilePlanet).

I am :D

$15 for 5-7 days of playing makes baby jesus cry (sounds like the $8 one doesn't work for this)

mchammer187

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Balt

i really wouldn't have a problem with it

if it didn't suck so bad

i thought i was paying for a fast download in a few hours like 3 or less

and be playing

i was dead wrong
and FWIW this is a "stress test" not beta which will be in a week
all i know is I will never deal with FP again and im sure thousands of others won't either

from this experience

Chompman

Banned
Mar 14, 2003
Originally posted by: mchammer187

and be playing

Well you were so wrong and so pwned :D

Wonder if employees at fileplanet are laughing at so many pwns? :p

Don't worry man, it should work the day before open beta comes out.

Glavinsolo

Platinum Member
Sep 2, 2004
so let me get this straight this is just a week long stress test and in a week open beta will be here for the masses? When open beta is here how will i get the client? Through FP or Blizzard?
I was under the impression this was the open beta. Oh well. Oh and I am guessing WOW won't be here in Nov.

-Glavin

mchammer187

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2000

and be playing

you don't have to be such an @ss about it
jeez i'm pissed off enough as it is

Chompman

Banned
Mar 14, 2003
Originally posted by: Glavinsolo
so let me get this straight this is just a week long stress test and in a week open beta will be here for the masses? When open beta is here how will i get the client? Through FP or Blizzard?
I was under the impression this was the open beta. Oh well. Oh and I am guessing WOW won't be here in Nov.

-Glavin

This is a stress test for 5-7 days and open "should" be after that.

As for the client it should be free available through fileplanet and other download sites that blazzard will link in case you missed the link that was active in this thread for a bity :D

And WoW might be in November, it's more of fileplanets fault for not expecting such a large demand for the game.

Chompman

Banned
Mar 14, 2003

and be playing

you don't have to be such an @ss about it
jeez i'm pissed off enough as it is

I was joking man.

If you can't laugh at what is going on then maybe it's time for a time out :D

Chompman

Banned
Mar 14, 2003
Originally posted by: Glavinsolo
Originally posted by: Cannabis
You will need a closed beta account to play right now but you can go ahead and download and seed for others.

Downloader

Fix that crap or you will rue the day!

Looks like WoW is getting too owned for it to keep up, should had got it earlier :D

Next time skip sleep, it's useless :p

Chompman

Banned
Mar 14, 2003
Originally posted by: Schadenfroh
there site is down, anyway i can play without credit card?

Not till 5-7 days in open beta or find some sort of other payment option.