Woman in combat

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Elfear

Diamond Member
May 30, 2004
I work with greensuiters every day and I've had a chance to talk with a few about females in the military. The officers I spoke with said that females in their units caused a lot of headaches because of all the drama. Female soldier likes male soldier and they start meeting in dark corners. Few weeks later female soldier ditches first male and hooks up with his buddy. Male soldiers fight and unit cohesiveness is lost.

I have worked around some excellent female soldiers who are dedicated and capable at what they do but I think bringing females into combat units was a mistake. Men and women AREN'T the same so why try to make them the same?

Apr 27, 2012
Do you think you could fireman carry someone heavier then you?

islam.jpg

Come on, answer the question, It looks like a cross which could mean that she might be an evil Christian which would suggest she might not be your niece

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Let them all die but make all women in the military live by the same standards of Men or get out of the Military. The military has lower standards for Women. They are getting a free ride. If they cant meet the same standards as Men they are not equal and they should all be fired.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
No, they're not. They're created to emphasize male-dominated skills. The skills selected to determine minimum combat effectiveness are of the aforementioned skills.

Combat skills and male-dominated skills are essentially synonymous.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Come on, answer the question, It looks like a cross which could mean that she might be an evil Christian which would suggest she might not be your niece

Here is another niece

393128_10152349879320587_1420397332_n.jpg

399239_10152307883370587_500776097_n.jpg

What do figure is going on there?
Kind of a Rasta Hindu Elfen Redneck, huge tat of Shiva on her side
Now, what do you think I believe?
All your response does is confirm your very very narrow view

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2012
Here is another niece

393128_10152349879320587_1420397332_n.jpg

399239_10152307883370587_500776097_n.jpg

Lets just say that is your niece, I remember in my radical Islam threads where you criticized the Christians and then you post a picture of your niece with what looks like a Cross

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
I work with greensuiters every day and I've had a chance to talk with a few about females in the military. The officers I spoke with said that females in their units caused a lot of headaches because of all the drama. Female soldier likes male soldier and they start meeting in dark corners. Few weeks later female soldier ditches first male and hooks up with his buddy. Male soldiers fight and unit cohesiveness is lost.

I have worked around some excellent female soldiers who are dedicated and capable at what they do but I think bringing females into combat units was a mistake. Men and women AREN'T the same so why try to make them the same?

That's true, but women are already "available" enough to cause almost as much disruption as they're going to. Most combat units have some contact with support units, which are full of women. And yes, they cause exactly the kind of problems that you describe. In my nearly 5 years in the military I've only met a handful of women that would pass for respectable in most civilian's eyes. Women in the military cheat, sleep around, trade sex for favors, use "woman" issues to get out of work, get pregnant to avoid deployments, etc. Though I feel like if most men were put in a situation where they were constantly surrounded and outnumbered 7 to 1 by very fit\attractive women constantly trying to sleep with them, their behavior wouldn't be much better.

I guess my point is, women aren't going to do much more damage than they're already doing by being directly in combat units.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
From reading those posts from my threads it seems to look like you might be against Christianity or an atheist. So when you post a picture of your niece wearing what looks like a cross I am a little suspicious.

You know most atheists got that way for a reason, right? Religious family members.

Apr 27, 2012
That's true, but women are already "available" enough to cause almost as much disruption as they're going to. Most combat units have some contact with support units, which are full of women. And yes, they cause exactly the kind of problems that you describe. In my nearly 5 years in the military I've only met a handful of women that would pass for respectable in most civilian's eyes. Women in the military cheat, sleep around, trade sex for favors, use "woman" issues to get out of work, get pregnant to avoid deployments, etc. Though I feel like if most men were put in a situation where they were constantly surrounded and outnumbered 7 to 1 by very fit\attractive women constantly trying to sleep with them, their behavior wouldn't be much better.

I guess my point is, women aren't going to do much more damage than they're already doing by being directly in combat units.

Do these things really happen? If they do then why wouldn't the higher-ups do anything to stop it?

How often do they happen and is it a minority or a majority of them doing this. I can believe that very few women would do stuff like this but I wouldn't think it would be widespread

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
From reading those posts from my threads it seems to look like you might be against Christianity or an atheist. So when you post a picture of your niece wearing what looks like a cross I am a little suspicious.

It's a cross that my mom (Catholic) gave her.
I'm not an atheist
You can imagine whatever you want out of my posts..I imagine you see spooks everywhere.
This is way off topic now, if you need to question me more, continue in one of your own threads

Last edited:

GobBluth

Sep 18, 2012
The problem here is the mental part of it. American men, as a culture are raised (or used to be anyway) to protect women and children.

Seeing your friend die in combat does severe mental damage, seeing a woman shot and bleeding out screaming and crying does even more mental damage to a man, thus, that solider is less likely to continue to engage and defeat the threat.

That was the explanation I got when I was in at least. Seems legit. I hated seeing the guys hurt, but to see a woman suffer, a man can't help but have more compassion and emotion.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
The problem here is the mental part of it. American men, as a culture are raised (or used to be anyway) to protect women and children.

Canadian women have been allowed in combat, and find this to be the biggest problem.
The guys are always offering to dig the women's holes, carry half their stuff etc
I've worked on lots of sites with women in construction and do the same thing.
It don't take long to get over it.
Usually the amount of time it takes to realize your not going to score with one of em

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Canadian women have been allowed in combat, and find this to be the biggest problem.
The guys are always offering to dig the women's holes, carry half their stuff etc
I've worked on lots of sites with women in construction and do the same thing.
It don't take long to get over it.
Usually the amount of time it takes to realize your not going to score with one of em

Except in the military, they do score with them. For the women it's like, "Do I want to spent 3 hours digging a 5 foot deep hole, or spend 10 minutes sucking a dick?" "Do I want to do staff duty this weekend, or just sleep with SPC Jenkins so he'll do it for me?"

This seems to be pretty universal amongst all the militaries (Canadian, British, French) that I've worked with.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
For the women it's like, "Do I want to spent 3 hours digging a 5 foot deep hole, or spend 10 minutes sucking a dick?" "Do I want to do staff duty this weekend, or just sleep with SPC Jenkins so he'll do it for me?"

I'll bet a lot of guys work their way up the same way

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000

Well duh. Its ok when PFC John sucks dick to the top though, he's just showing how much of a go getter he is. When PFC Jane does the same, its suddenly women causing the problem.

Its funny how some of the same words were used to keep African American soldiers from serving in the military during WW2 are used now just regarding women.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Its funny how some of the same words were used to keep African American soldiers from serving in the military during WW2 are used now just regarding women.

So people were saying the black soldiers were physically incapable of the job(including black soldiers themselves saying they were unfit)?

So people were saying white soldiers might be more upset at seeing their black friends die then their white friends?

So people were saying that black soldiers might get pregnant?

:hmm:

Elfear

Diamond Member
May 30, 2004
So people were saying the black soldiers were physically incapable of the job(including black soldiers themselves saying they were unfit)?

So people were saying white soldiers might be more upset at seeing their black friends die then their white friends?

So people were saying that black soldiers might get pregnant?

:hmm:

Lol, seriously. What arguments is he referring to?

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003

They don't. And you know that, based on a basic understanding of human sexuality.

Every week we see another CSM go down for sleeping with the cutest SPC in his battalion. Or a general (Sinclair) sleeping with a handful of captains. You know what got Sinclair busted? When the captain he was sleeping with started to suspect he was sleeping with other captains and that she wouldn't exclusively benefit from the relationship. Now they're all done in the Army. You know what got Petraeus busted? When Paula Broadwell (an LTC in the Army Reserve) started to suspect he was sleeping with some military groupy in Tampa.

Women's biologically evolved behavior of using sex & feminine wiles to survive and prosper is extremely disruptive in the military. Men's biologically evolved behavior of using violence and teamwork to survive and prosper seems to fit the military pretty well.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Here is another niece

I don't really know what's going on there, but, what definitely should be going on is someone should be having a talk with your niece on the long term consequences of fucking up their face in their experimental years.

Oldgamer

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
Women have been in combat roles a long time now, they just couldn't get recognition for it, or get the advanced positions that require the combat designations. They can't take on the combat positions without passing the physical tests. By the way, a lot of men can't pass most of the physical tests either, so this isn't just unique to women. I am glad they are now lifting that "glass ceiling" for women in the military. huuah!