Woman beats a 91-year-old Mexican man with a brick, tells him to ‘go back to your country’

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 25, 2013
Looooooooooool Perp was a black woman who 99%+ votes Democrat. Talk about egg in the face for many ppl here. :)

Btw i notice the comments dried up right about the time her photo came out. The perp not being white popped the narrative as though it was a balloon.

Post #10 bunky. Yours is #74.

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
Looooooooooool Perp was a black woman who 99%+ votes Democrat. Talk about egg in the face for many ppl here. :)

Btw i notice the comments dried up right about the time her photo came out. The perp not being white popped the narrative as though it was a balloon.
Yep, she is black. Quite an anomaly given the nature of the incident. Vast majority of racist punks and bitches are Trump supporters. Remember the surge in Trumps poll numbers after he called mexicans rapists? Well it leads to stuff like this:

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
The question is too broad. You see I asked you a specific and you refused to answer because the answer is uncomfortable for you.

I answered it just fine. Trump is responsible for some, but, not all of the increase. Only an idiot would think Trump is 100% responsible for all of the increase.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
We haven't seen such a public persecution of a minority group by a President since FDR. Trump has turned this country into a giant barless internment camp for people of Hispanic origin. Ironically the Hispanics in cages are all children.

So wonder the climate has become toxic. Earlier in the Trump administration the hate was focused on Muslims.

Jan 25, 2011
The man still dies despite medical treatment will the woman( or people) involved get charged with murder if caught?
Absolutely. People have been charged with murder after a substantial amount of time has passed from an assault if the person died. If an assault lead to the condition(s) that ultimately caused death, you are accountable for that death.

This guy was charged after his victim died 8 years later.

http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/...ed-suspect-charged-for-murder--283157231.html

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
I answered it just fine. Trump is responsible for some, but, not all of the increase. Only an idiot would think Trump is 100% responsible for all of the increase.

This is an example on how a President can set the tone of society when they have influence of major media outlets.
Trump has created this environment where hostility towards immigrants is embraced. FoxNews, in its support for Trump has amplified it.
Without Trumps influence, this hostility would not seen as acceptable public behavior.
Trump has normalized hostility and behaviors that previous Presidents would have shot down immediately.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000

4qtH2Cj.jpg

So trump isnt responsible for the sudden jump. Ok then. And asked what other factors there were you said too many to list. And then you list 3 things that are longer term trends.

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
Spillover effect from Trumps anti-immigrant, hate empowering agenda. It doesnt necessarily have to only infect Trump supporters minds, but others too. To be fair, I would think even many Trump supporters were disgusted by this act. Its just too horrendous for most normal human beings not to, regardless of their political affiliations or ideologies.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
This is an example on how a President can set the tone of society when they have influence of major media outlets.
Trump has created this environment where hostility towards immigrants is embraced. FoxNews, in its support for Trump has amplified it.
Without Trumps influence, this hostility would not seen as acceptable public behavior.
Trump has normalized hostility and behaviors that previous Presidents would have shot down immediately.

No doubt Trump is setting a bad tone toward immigrants. The problem is that the position J is taking is that a trend that has been going up well before Trump, and has continued under Trump is 100% Trump's responsibility. That is very dumb.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
No doubt Trump is setting a bad tone toward immigrants. The problem is that the position J is taking is that a trend that has been going up well before Trump, and has continued under Trump is 100% Trump's responsibility. That is very dumb.

its a sudden jump of 50% more then the trend line.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Spillover effect from Trumps anti-immigrant, hate empowering agenda. It doesnt necessarily have to only infect Trump supporters minds, but others too. To be fair, I would think even many Trump supporters were disgusted by this act. Its just too horrendous for most normal human beings not to, regardless of their political affiliations or ideologies.
You would hope so but neither Trump or his supporters were broken up over the woman killed in Charlottesville.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
4qtH2Cj.jpg

So trump isnt responsible for the sudden jump. Ok then. And asked what other factors there were you said too many to list. And then you list 3 things that are longer term trends.

Hey dummy, CA has been seeing double digit increases in hate crime even before Trump.

Also, don't try and muddy the water. You asked what other factors and I said there were too many to list in the context of it being worth while. You then asked me to name 3 and I did. If things were getting bad before Trump, and it continues under Trump, then only an idiot would think Trump is 100% responsible for something that was a trend before him.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
its a sudden jump of 50% more then the trend line.

You should shut up, because you dont know what you are talking about. CA had an audit where it was found to have been under reporting incidents. After that correction, you see a big spike. The trend started before Trump, and then the spike came after the audit.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Hey dummy, CA has been seeing double digit increases in hate crime even before Trump.

Also, don't try and muddy the water. You asked what other factors and I said there were too many to list in the context of it being worth while. You then asked me to name 3 and I did. If things were getting bad before Trump, and it continues under Trump, then only an idiot would think Trump is 100% responsible for something that was a trend before him.
Not quite. Trump announcement disparaging Mexicans was Jun of 2015. In 2017 hate crimes against Latinos or Hispanics rose over 50% in 2017. Yes Trump isn't 100% responsible but he bears I think a plurality of blame for the climate that has lead to this. BTW - your standards for a POTUS in defending Trump is pretty low "Hey Trump isn't 100% responsible for the rise in hate crime" I would think at a minimum a POTUS should at least attempt to foster harmony and at try to being people together. Trump has done none of that.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Not quite. Trump announcement disparaging Mexicans was Jun of 2015. In 2017 hate crimes against Latinos or Hispanics rose over 50% in 2017. Yes Trump isn't 100% responsible but he bears I think a plurality of blame for the climate that has lead to this. BTW - your standards for a POTUS in defending Trump is pretty low "Hey Trump isn't 100% responsible for the rise in hate crime" I would think at a minimum a POTUS should at least attempt to foster harmony and at try to being people together. Trump has done none of that.

Well then, you find yourself at odds with J, as you just said what I said.

I have no doubt that Trump and what he says is part of that uptick. What I don't know is now Trump is responsible for this incident.

Dummy J is literally trying to say that the increase is 100% Trump.

It’s plain for all to see in this thread. You have offered nothing to substantiate your claim that trump isn’t fully responsible for the 50% gain in anti Hispanic hate crimes since he became president.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
To help some understand that part of this uptick is not Trump 100%, here you go.

http://www.kcra.com/article/report-hate-crimes-in-california-jumped-in-2017/22096406

Auditors found dozens of unreported cases among the four local law enforcement agencies it reviewed. The auditors also said nearly a third of the 245 law enforcement agencies they surveyed do nothing to encourage the public to report hate crimes.

They largely blamed the state Department of Justice for not requiring that local agencies do a better job in collecting data. Becerra, who is running to retain his office overseeing the department, responded then that he was providing more guidance for local law enforcement and creating a hate crimes prevention webpage and brochure on identifying and reporting hate crimes.

Nationally, federal authorities estimate that more than half of all hate crimes aren't reported to police.

An Associated Press investigation two years ago found that more than 2,700 city police and county sheriff's departments nationwide had not submitted a single hate crime report for the FBI's annual crime tally during the previous six years, or about 17 percent of all city and county law enforcement agencies.

The California hate crimes report was one of five crime reports the state's Department of Justice released Monday. The four others report statistics for homicide, law enforcement "use-of-force" incidents, juvenile arrests and overall crime rates in the state.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I understand it fine, but you apparently do not.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...he-rise/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.975ce4588a58

Tell me, has Trump been president for the past 4 years?

Those statistics are unfortunately useless unless we're only interested in tracking hate crimes in our 10 largest cities. Frustratingly, we know very little about hate crime trending in this country, a fact which may be highly convenient for Trump. Finish reading your own link.

Nearly 90 percent of the country’s approximately 16,000 law enforcement agencies either choose not to supply data for those FBI statistics, or report no hate crimes in their jurisdictions, which can dramatically skew the data, social scientists say.

The gaping holes in the hate crimes data are potentially more telling than the limited numbers showing the overall upward trend, because they’re a barometer for how well the justice system is responding to such crimes, Levin said.

“There is a breakdown in reporting in many jurisdictions, which is indicative of a substandard response. You cannot have an effective response to hate crime if you can’t capture the events that are taking place,” he said.

There is also “massive under-reporting” of crimes in certain communities, like transgender, disabled, homeless, immigrant and Muslim groups, who tend to feel maligned by negative public stereotypes but simultaneously fearful of repercussions from reporting crimes to the police.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
You should shut up, because you dont know what you are talking about. CA had an audit where it was found to have been under reporting incidents. After that correction, you see a big spike. The trend started before Trump, and then the spike came after the audit.

Its not my fault you dont understand percentages.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
What percentage of blame would you assign Trump for the toxic climate against Hispanics?

Also that uptick in 2014 does not absolve Trump for a majority of blame for today's toxic climate.

I think your premise is flawed. Trump and what he says has an influence, and him now being POTUS increases that influence. That said, Trump won because people already were feeling that way. Further, there need to be accountability by the individuals. Trump is a hype man, but people that commit acts of violence are still mainly responsible for their actions. So, Trump is making things worse, but he is not the majority of the problem.

Trump is also not saying anything new. What is different is that he is doing it from a position that is new. In terms of trying to put a % to it, I could not. Its well above 0, and in my opinion not backed by data and just feelings, its probably somewhere between 15-25%.