Wisconsin Gov. Walker is crying in his beer tonight.

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008
Hey guys, an extreme right wing organization with a history of supporting exactly this union busting thinks it was a good idea! Shocker!

Too bad Walker went against the WILL OF THE PEOPLE, right FNE?

Providing balance to the DNC, Wisconsin Democrat Party, ActBlue, and Moveon.Org talking points that Ausm is providing. The Wisconsin people elected Mr. Walker to fix the fuckups that left the state billions in debt by the previous Democrat Governor.. he balanced the budget without laying anyone off. Sounds like he is doing exactly what the people elected him to do.

Just curious, what is the person running against Walker going to run on? Going back to being billions in debt? Laying off teachers? Going back to having public sector employees pay vitually nothing toward their healthcare and retirement costs? Sounds like a winning set of issues to me.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Providing balance to the DNC, Wisconsin Democrat Party, ActBlue, and Moveon.Org talking points that Ausm is providing. The Wisconsin people elected Mr. Walker to fix the fuckups that left the state billions in debt by the previous Democrat Governor.. he balanced the budget without laying anyone off. Sounds like he is doing exactly what the people elected him to do.

Just curious, what is the person running against Walker going to run on? Going back to being billions in debt? Laying off teachers? Going back to having public sector employees pay vitually nothing toward their healthcare and retirement costs? Sounds like a winning set of issues to me.

Can you list the talking points please?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

And here I thought my mom taught me that two wrongs don't make a right. I'll be sure to let her know this isn't true.

His opponent will probably run on Walker's unpopular record, what else would they run on?

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006

Walker balanced the budget? When did that happen? Only in the paid by Kosh commercials!

Wait a minute, the states debt goes back to the previous Republican Governor and his lackey he left in charge of what was left of his term of office.

What happened to America? Most good jobs had company healthcare and retirement as one of the perks of employment, now in envy people cry about those that still have it.
Race to the bottom indeed, everyone share the misery! But not the rich and corporations "cause we worship them and they are people too."

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008
Walker balanced the budget? When did that happen? Only in the paid by Kosh commercials!

Wait a minute, the states debt goes back to the previous Republican Governor and his lackey he left in charge of what was left of his term of office.

Yes, he did balance the budget:

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/124563073.html

From the liberal Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:

The budget - Walker's first since taking office in January - closes a $3 billion shortfall over the next two years largely without relying on tax increases. It raises spending by $1.1 billion, or 1.8% over two years, and leaves the state with an estimated $300 million surplus in its main account by June 2013. Republicans in the Legislature passed the budget earlier this month on party-line votes.

Any other stupid questions you'd like answered? And are you seriously trying to blame the budget Mr. Walker had to fix on the previous GOP Gov. from 2003? Jim Doyle was the DEMOCRAT Gov. from 2003 - 2011..

Illusio

Golden Member
Nov 28, 1999
Yes, he did balance the budget:

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/124563073.html

From the liberal Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:

Any other stupid questions you'd like answered? And are you seriously trying to blame the budget Mr. Walker had to fix on the previous GOP Gov. from 2003? Jim Doyle was the DEMOCRAT Gov. from 2003 - 2011..

You guys in Wisconsin are crazy. I'd love to have walker in IL. We haven't had a balanced budget in I don't know how long. In fact, our crap ass Governor raised our taxes 2% this year and we are STILL running at a deficit at somewhere around 8 Billion.

I think it's crazy that you guys are going to try and recall a guy after 1 year when he has the place running pretty good in my opinion.

RampantAndroid

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2004
You guys in Wisconsin are crazy. I'd love to have walker in IL. We haven't had a balanced budget in I don't know how long. In fact, our crap ass Governor raised our taxes 2% this year and we are STILL running at a deficit at somewhere around 8 Billion.

I think it's crazy that you guys are going to try and recall a guy after 1 year when he has the place running pretty good in my opinion.

Problem is people like Ausm who can't see good/bad, they can only see republican/democrat. People like him are what is wrong with this nation.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
Democrats have now officially launched the Recall Process..

http://www.channel3000.com/politics/29686895/detail.html

But since the petition has been filed now, Walker can begin receiving unlimited political donations from supporters to use for certain specific spending.

I suspect it will be very costly for the Democratic party and the unions.

I for one will be sending money to Walker hopefully many other people from out of state will do the same.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I suspect it will be very costly for the Democratic party and the unions.

I for one will be sending money to Walker hopefully many other people from out of state will do the same.

Lots of luck to ya because your're going to need it ;)

D-Man

Platinum Member
Oct 18, 1999
Ausm RampantAndroid hit the nail on the head just looking at the crap after your posts proves his point. There is no compromise in you. I personally hope Walker Wins this squabble and I think I will send him a few bucks as well. If I could I would trade you Quinn in a heartbeat. And no I would not try to recall Quinn. Quinn was elected and should serve his term.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Ausm RampantAndroid hit the nail on the head just looking at the crap after your posts proves his point. There is no compromise in you. I personally hope Walker Wins this squabble and I think I will send him a few bucks as well. If I could I would trade you Quinn in a heartbeat. And no I would not try to recall Quinn. Quinn was elected and should serve his term.

And Walker was willing to compromise? Really? The unions offered him everything he wanted in return for the power to negotiate wages & benefits in the future, which wasn't good enough for him. He has a bigger agenda.

*kjm

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 1999

Most of us are not.... and we will keep him:awe:

Darn just looked at all the threads started by Ausm.... quite a gem.

Last edited:

Zstream

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2005
Did you read the article?

This is a Republican that files this recall so that Walker can unleash unlimited funds against the real recall effort.

Republicans would sell their own mother to stay in power.

And Democrats would kill their own mother (euthanasia) to stay in power... :rolleyes:

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Did you read the article?

This is a Republican that files this recall so that Walker can unleash unlimited funds against the real recall effort.

Republicans would sell their own mother to stay in power.

I did and I was being facetious was trying to point out what kind of Scumbags the Republicans are in my State.

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008
How is what the Republicans are doing any different than the Dems? If the Dems are going to use the recall process for political purposes why are the Republicans not allowed to play the same way?

Not that Ausm would see his hypocrisy though, he's just doing what he's told by the DNC and George Soros.

Illusio

Golden Member
Nov 28, 1999
If I could I would trade you Quinn in a heartbeat. And no I would not try to recall Quinn. Quinn was elected and should serve his term.

I agree. As much as I dislike quinn, I think recalls should be saved for clearly corrupt/incompetent governors. Like our last Governor who ended up in jail. He would be a candidate for a recall.

Recalling a Governor because you don't like a piece of legislation? Really? That makes me think they are just a bunch of whiny bitches who don't know how good they have it.

FDF12389

Diamond Member
Sep 8, 2005
I'm gonna go on record as the other lifelong WI resident and say I don't think they'll be successful in their recall efforts. Even among liberals I see Walker support growing everyday.