Will you be buying Mass Effect 2?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
I'll be buying it eventually, I'm still playing through the first one. I like everything about it aside from the next to useless squad-mates who don't do much more than serve as cannon fodder.

PhatoseAlpha

Platinum Member
Apr 10, 2005
Already bought it. Re-beat ME1 last week. Now just waiting til tomorrow for it to unlock.

nyker96

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
looks like this will be the game of the year contender. love the first one. going to wait a few weeks before buying it, just to see some reviews first.

Demo24

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
I probably will provided I like the first one. Bought me1 then learned my video card wasn't up to snuff. But, this weekend is new computer building time and also time to play me1. :)

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I have not played the first one yet, so probably not. I'd like to get around to trying the first one though, so I'll keep my eyes peeled for a deal on it.

KT

Last edited:

Via

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2009
My to-play list is way to backed up to even consider buying anything new.

Liet

Golden Member
Jun 9, 2001
I'll be playing it, but will need to wait until the price goes down to feel comfortable with it. The Steam sale screwed me, not to mention a bunch of other purchases I couldn't resist... :)

Also the fact that I felt ME1 was a letdown. It was far too consolish for my tastes.

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Not bad, I'll have to check it out when I get home. Can't access "game" sites from work anymore. :(

KT

It's better then Bioshock so you can't go wrong ;) ,I'll be buying ME2 but not sure when ,got quite a few games I need to buy so a question of priority .

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
I enjoyed ME1 on the PC (got it for $20 on Steam about a year ago) and I have ME2 for PC pre-ordered. Went with Amazon thanks to the $10-$20 game rebate cards they hand out all the time when you pre-order stuff from them.

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
Sure, as soon as the price drops to a reasonable $30 or something close.

JoshGuru7

Golden Member
Aug 18, 2001
I pre-ordered even though I probably won't be playing it for a couple of weeks. I'm going to play through the original again first with all of the DLC that was released since I played it the first time. I'll feel like I got my money's worth out of ME2 if it is 20+ hours of gameplay with a good story and interesting enough to repeat in 6-12 months with another class.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I just started ME1 the other day for the first time--was getting somewhat sick of Witcher near the end (I think) of chapter 2--that game wreaks havoc on my hoarding tendencies...and just too many quests it seems, I keep getting bogged down and frustrated with OMG which option do I choose?? bah.

I'm loving ME1 so far, though. doesn't feel like hoarding will be an issue (though switching equipment across party members will be tedious I imagine, as will knowing exactly what to buy from merchant, or just wait to find shit), and the quests seem reasonable so far, and fun at least--not just run back and forth simply to talk to people. I only just left the citadel for the first time and took the buggy thingy out to...peak 15? on the snowy mining planet.

my only complaints so far:

--see myself doing a lot of backtracking to get the proper party member, return, open boxes I couldn't open before...blah!

--combat is pretty much me running in circles and shooting at shit. ...I haven't seen much reason not to do this, yet. I'm feeling less inclined to actually do anything with the squad beyond letting them do whatever the hell they want to do.

ME2 looks pretty good, but if it is more along the FPS type game then I might pass. Those aren't my thing.

ShreddedWheat

Apr 3, 2006
Still backlogged on other games and barely started playing ME1.

WAS GREAT SEEING THE TRAILER DURING THE SUNDAY FOOTBALL GAMES. GREAT EXPOSURE! One of my family members was like when is this "Movie" coming out. I laughed and they were surprised it was a video game. They have a better understanding why people play video games! ;)

my 2 cents

coloumb

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Pre-loaded/pre-purchased from Steam. Hmm..this is weird - Jan 26th, is about 4.5 hours away.. why the hell doesn't it unlock at Midnight!! :)

Available: January 26th, 2010
This game will unlock in approximately 15 hours

chalmers

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2008
Question about Mass Effect, what are the optimal controls for PC? I don't have a gamepad/360 controller. Will mouse and keyboard suffice? *crosses fingers*

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Question about Mass Effect, what are the optimal controls for PC? I don't have a gamepad/360 controller. Will mouse and keyboard suffice? *crosses fingers*
mouse and keyboard are perfect. plus I dont think it even has controller support.