Will you be buying Mass Effect 2?

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
After watching all the trailer's and dev videos posted at Fileplanet, I broke down and pre-ordered the game from GoGamer. I don't particularly care for the further devolution of the game into a first person shooter, but the storyline and characters are intriguing, Bioware never disappoints on that.

I still haven't finished DA:O. :(

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
This will probably be one I pick up. I'd like to get DA:O as well but I just don't have the time to invest into games like that anymore.

Slick5150

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2001
Have it pre-ordered from Amazon. Will have it on Tuesday and am really looking forward to it.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Anyone have save games for ME1? I have one of a male Shepard, romance with Ashley, dead Kaiden, saved the council, appointed Anderson to the council, but I believe I forget to get Tali the Geth information. :(

Kalmah

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2003
I just played through ME1 these last 2 days in anticipation. After reading the changes to the classes I wish I wouldn't have played an infiltrator though.. Their new ability seems cheesy and pointless to me. Being able to cloak would be cool if their was some kind of backstab ability so you feel like an assassin or something...

I have it pre-ordered and pre-downloaded on Steam. I'm going to be out of town camping when it's released which kind of sucks.

ashishmishra

Nov 23, 2005
Anyone have save games for ME1? I have one of a male Shepard, romance with Ashley, dead Kaiden, saved the council, appointed Anderson to the council, but I believe I forget to get Tali the Geth information. :(

I do have the savegames with all of those decisions as well as Tali's Geth info. PM me your email and I'll send it your way.

As for me I have the game pre-ordered as well as pre-loaded on steam, just waiting for it to unlock!!

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
I was planning on getting it day 1 but I may have to wait because of work. Still a resounding "yes" though.

crisium

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2001
Eventually. Don't get me wrong I love ME1 to death, but I'm not in a financial position to buy a $50 game. I'll wait 'til it's $30. Hopefully not too long. Besides, I still have The Witcher from the Steam sale to start.

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
Probably when it's Steam bargain bin.

I am struggling along with ME1 trying to enjoy it but it doesnt feel like it's for me. Good story even if it feels a bi paper thin right now but the action part of it feels quite bad.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Yes, I just don't know when. I've got such a backlog of games that I need to play first. Also, I wanna get another ME1 playthrough in before 2.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Eventually. I wanna hear what people have to say about the gameplay.
If all I hear is "GRAPHICS! GRAPHICS! GRAPHICS!" then I'll be waiting until its in the bargain bin.

mb

Lifer
Jun 27, 2004
If all I hear is "GRAPHICS! GRAPHICS! GRAPHICS!" then I'll be waiting until its in the bargain bin.
It's a Bioware RPG.. game play will be great. The first Mass Effect was great, I don't see why the sequel wouldn't also be.

That said, I'll wait for it to be on sale. I got DA:O for $30, I'm sure ME2 will be that much or less in not too long.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001

The graphics of ME can't improve much because of the limitations of the Xbox 360. The PC version will improve slightly but because the game is developed for the 360 first and PC second, the game's visuals will be limited by the limitations of the 360. Limits that were reached a year ago in some of the FPSs that launched for the 360.

Magusigne

Golden Member
Nov 21, 2007
Maybe..I bought the first one for 20 bucks...fairly enjoyable but didn't finish it.

Mass effect 2 does not look like anything more (graphically at least) than the 1st.

I'll buy it in the bargain bin. It took what? 3-6 months to drop in price for the first one from 50 down to 30.

My next purchase is AvP

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
It's a Bioware RPG.. game play will be great. The first Mass Effect was great, I don't see why the sequel wouldn't also be.

That said, I'll wait for it to be on sale. I got DA:O for $30, I'm sure ME2 will be that much or less in not too long.

Well see thats the problem. I didnt think Mass Effect was great. The only part I really liked was the well-told story. Everything else was a poor mish-mash of bits of KOTOR and MMO style side quests.
So I'm gonna have to wait until people play it and talk about it.

PUN

Golden Member
Dec 5, 1999
I was one of the few lucky ones to play this game already.
Simply amazing! I can't believe it got anything less than 100/100.

Great graphics, great storyline and kept the game to its core play.

I am currently running this game at 2580x1600, everything Max + 16x AA with one HD4890.
Gameplay is smooth as silk. So dont plunge your dollars on a new vidcard until you try out the game.

Last edited:

Dorkenstein

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2004
Dunno if I'm spoiled or just hard to please, but when I think of games like Baldur's Gate 2 which with mods was easily over 100 hours and Throne of Bhaal which was 30-40 (might be wrong), I kind of feel cheated when I pay good money for a 20 hour RPG. I realize that yes, the games are MUCH more like movies and more immersive, more expensive to create etc. I really like marathon RPG's. In my mind BG2 is easily more epic than anything that's been released since. Even Fallout 3 was decent for what it was, but the first two were vastly better. I hope that some serious DLC comes out for Mass Effect 2. Same with Dragon Age, for that matter. I haven't played yet, but I have an Impulse copy on pre-order (probably should have gone box).

I was watching a guy play live stream earlier and I spoiled a few things for myself, but the funny part was that he kept saying "I'm nowhere near the end of this game" and he was 21 hours in. Then suddenly he started a new quest and found that he was at the end of the game. Kind of made me chuckle. Sorry for the long post.

quadomatic

May 13, 2007
Maybe after I finish Mass Effect...and then after I start playing Dragon Age: Origins...and then after I finish Fallout 3 through Broken Steel and get more DLC :D