Whos been here the longest?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PClark99

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2000
I was lurking as far back as 98. When I joined I still had aol on dialup and a wife, I have neither of those anymore.

rayjayturbo

Dec 13, 2001
I miss Hot Deals also, RossMan you were most helpful separating me from my money.

Lurked about a year or two before joining, still lurking............

Last edited:

KeithP

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2000
Remember when Anand "discovered" the Abit BH6 motherboard & it's ability to overclock an Intel 300 MHz Celeron CPU to 450 MHz?
And: the deal web sites like ValueAmerica.com & "Flooz Bucks" on Flooz.com?

If I remember correctly, that combo was the basis for my first build!

-KeithP

Reactions: squirrel dog

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
If I remember correctly, that combo was the basis for my first build!

-KeithP
Or even better, the dual proc BP6. That board was legendary, I ran mine forever with Celly 333's OC'd to 500MHz!

Oh and I'm not sure what year I started reading Anandtech, sometime around 95-96? Maybe 97. I know Anand was still in high school at the time. Never came on the forums till years later when I switched my Distributed Computing team from BP6.com to TeAm Anandtech and then I lurked for a while as you can see from my join date.

Reactions: squirrel dog

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Or even better, the dual proc BP6. That board was legendary, I ran mine forever with Celly 333's OC'd to 500MHz!

Oh and I'm not sure what year I started reading Anandtech, sometime around 95-96? Maybe 97. I know Anand was still in high school at the time. Never came on the forums till years later when I switched my Distributed Computing team from BP6.com to TeAm Anandtech and then I lurked for a while as you can see from my join date.

Had the same combo. Classic.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
not me but im coming up on 2 decades, i dont post much but still come here, ill come here as a ghost if im able to,too.

ghosting in a spaceman thread
QW1v1XH.png

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
Around 98 or so for me.

I recall finding the small mom & pop shop my folks bought my PII 300 in Computer Shopper....and my friends telling me not to buy an ATI All-in-Wonder because it was bad for gaming (obviously they were right but I still bought it). That was fixed by dual Voodoo IIs.....

Oh, and my friend and I did a science fair project with an over locked & water-cooled Celly 300A. The premise was increasing performance with better cooling. Basically, "free" performance. Winning that science fair in Y2k lead directly to the job I have today.

Lots of memories of coming home from school and dialing up to read whatever news there was on the main site.

Pricewatch was awesome. Whoever dreamed that up is owed a massive debt of geek gratitude.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
I lost my original account when I switched colleges in 2000. Signed up again when I was building my Athlon XP rig.

db

Lifer
Dec 6, 1999
Approximately Sept '99, but then one day I couldn't sign in, so I created this acct.