Who still plays a really old PC game? (at least semi-regularly)

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

88keys

Golden Member
Aug 24, 2012
I still login to WoW to chat with my old buddies. But all my characters are still level 85s and I have no intentions of taking them any further. Gave a couple away to my old guildies.

I also like to play C&C Red Alert and Sim City 4000

As for console gaming, I'll pick up Castlevania SOTN, FFVI, FFVII, and Mario 64.

Gibsons

Lifer
Aug 14, 2001
I'm replaying Heroes of Might Magic 3 complete again now, for the 20th time probably.

That's a great great game... Although I thought it was a lot better in the early parts - the maps are just prettier and then the later tactical stuff gets weird with dragons and angels.

Blue_Max

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2011
Also, I regularly play Master of Orion 2.
I keep an old crappy laptop around for that sole purpose! It won't run on a 64-bit OS at all and I haven't found a version that'll work with DOSbox (which has fewer audio glitches than the Win95 version.)

In searching for a fun image, I may have stumbled on a fan-made remake!
4cULMyG.jpg

Ah! Looking like a distinct possibility! http://www.pcgamesn.com/master-of-orion/master-of-orion-trailer-shows-off-two-races-and-first-gameplay

I occasionally go back and play Full Throttle all the way through.
It was a terrible day when the sequel got canceled... gawd what an awesome game!

We need a modernized version of Leisure Suit Larry.

It's been done!
logo.png

Last edited: