When is fake media going to stop the rumors about the president

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

xthetenth

Golden Member
Oct 14, 2014
First Amendment right, president trump can fight back with words, just like the press is fighting him with only words. There is no damaging paper work or tapes, we are in the forums going back and forth over nothing.;)

How in the hell does a set of rights enumerated to protect the citizens from the government get twisted to protect the government from the citizens?

Reactions: JSt0rm

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Yes when it is on government time.
He did not say Free Press to be the Enemy of the People. I'm tired of fake quotes. Trump said fake media was the enemy of the people. The media struck at Trump first during the election process he is just fighting back.

The problem with most folks is they don't take the time to find the truth of what trump is doing.

No. the problem with you is that you fail to accept that Trump is the most hated person in this country because he is actually a piece of shit. It is not a liberal conspiracy. When the vast array of humanity is set against you, you might want to consider if the things knocking around in your head have actually lead you astray, rather than you thinking everyone else is crazy. It would be rational.

Trump is an open fucking book. He has been his entire life, meaning: there really is nothing going on upstairs, which he pretty much puts forth for everyone to see every time he tweet or opens his mouth. The problem is that not enough people were willing to accept that truth. You were conned, and you are too proud to admit that. It's natural. But don't for a second think that just because you are conned, everyone else is somehow dumber than you for not being equally duped by a lying POS.

So how about I keep walking down the street, OK, while you stay behind, determined to find the ace of spades on Donny the Huckster's fold-up table and dig yourself out of your $300 hole.

Reactions: Meghan54

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Trump the trust fund kid grew up privileged in a sheltered environment where people told him he was special, and so he doesn't like it when people say mean things about him that are so negative. But the fact is, almost all these reports are true and have been verified as such, but truth doesn't factor into Trump's thinking because what's true or not doesn't matter to this thin-skinned amateur.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
How in the hell does a set of rights enumerated to protect the citizens from the government get twisted to protect the government from the citizens?

authoritarians only care about maintaining authority.

wingman04

May 12, 2016
utter horseshit. Have you even read the accounts of his biographers and the people that have written articles about him? You know, people that actually know him and not an ignorant idiot on the internet that knows nothing about him--eg.: you?

LoL, it is obvious that this "information" you are divulging has come from something that Trump has said. Holy fuck you are useless.
You are just jealous that trump has won the the presidency and is still winning everything that he does to help this county.;)

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Most of us were at least a little critical/skeptical of/about the media before Trump, but now anything against trump receives absolute, unreserved, unquestioning trust. This is the worst thing about his presidency. It almost doesn't seem that funny anymore, him being the president. The president? Of the USA? Trump? Fucking hell. Oh well, at least it's not Hillary.

The media is still regarded with some skepticism. There would be more skepticism if Trump & the Repubs could produce credible information to the contrary & if they didn't contradict themselves in word & deed.

xthetenth

Golden Member
Oct 14, 2014
You are just jealous that trump has won the the presidency and is still winning everything that he does to help this county.;)

Why would I be jealous that he's won the literally nothing he's done to help the country?

wingman04

May 12, 2016
I missed this one earlier. Actually, most people are taking the time to find out what Trump is doing, it's his supporters who aren't because his rhetoric tells them what they want to hear.
Most of Trump's supporters aren't paying attention to how Trump's proposed policies would negatively affect a large percentage of the workforce economically. And those who are paying attention seem to be spitefully pleased with it.
For example, my industry has seen a 30% reduction in sales volume since the election. People's incomes are down due to lack of overtime and lower bonuses, and some layoffs and restructuring have already occurred with more expected.
I have numerous friends who work in industries dependent on international trade, and they are all worried for their futures. If either Trump's proposed tariffs, or Congress' proposed border tax, go through, they will probably all lose their jobs.
I have friends who are healthcare professionals, and if the AHCA passes, many of them will lose their jobs.
And if you work in any of the essential government services that Trump is hostile to, like education for example, the prospects aren't much better.
Luckily, (and I say this with all seriousness) the previous administration left us with a very healthy economy, otherwise things would already be much worse. But the cracks are beginning to show..
So your saying trump caused all your problems in 100 days with 30 executive or orders that I have been following for each one. Right, more fake media.;)

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

Nope. I am, however, annoyed that petty children such as yourself treat this country as your sewer, thinking that national and foreign policy are simply your playthings on anonymous internet forums that have no real life consequences.

Maybe when you grow up and learn to own your failure, people will treat you with the respect that you clearly do not yet deserve.

justoh

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2013
The media is still regarded with some skepticism. There would be more skepticism if Trump & the Repubs could produce credible information to the contrary & if they didn't contradict themselves in word & deed.

You should be judging the media independently of trump.

Producing credible information to the contrary? So contrary to what they're claiming? What about the way they're claiming things? That part is at least relevant to the media. That shit about them contradicting themselves seems to have nothing to do with the media at all, except to add to the confirmation bias. It's because Trump is so easy to hate that extra scrutiny should be applied to the media. Everyone is becoming a lot more relaxed with editorial standards. When the President points his finger at you and calls you fake news, it's natural to want to act a little belligerent, but it's also unethical.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Not that smart people don't already know by now, but when Trump is booted his name will quickly be "verb-ized" as synonymous with losing, much the way Robert Bork's last name has become synonymous with fucking up. It's little Donald's destiny.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
You should be judging the media independently of trump.

Producing credible information to the contrary? So contrary to what they're claiming? What about the way they're claiming things? That part is at least relevant to the media. That shit about them contradicting themselves seems to have nothing to do with the media at all, except to add to the confirmation bias. It's because Trump is so easy to hate that extra scrutiny should be applied to the media. Everyone is becoming a lot more relaxed with editorial standards. When the President points his finger at you and calls you fake news, it's natural to want to act a little belligerent, but it's also unethical.
Frankly you'll have to be specific, as the media reports from the usual credible suspects (WaPo, NYT, WSJ, etc.) have all continually been excellent since last November.

If you're fingering extreme sites that parrot left or right talking points, then again, they aren't taken that seriously anyway and don't drive the narrative nearly as much as sober journalism does.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
So your saying trump caused all your problems in 100 days with 30 executive or orders that I have been following for each one. Right, more fake media.;)
There is just no fixing your stupid, is there?
I clearly said that all of that is due to Trump's proposed policies. It's not fake news when it's his own words verbatim.

xthetenth

Golden Member
Oct 14, 2014
Not that smart people don't already know by now, but when Trump is booted his name will quickly be "verb-ized" as synonymous with losing, much the way Robert Bork's last name has become synonymous with fucking up. It's little Donald's destiny.

I'd figure it'd get verbed into being conned. As in "Grandma got trumped by a Nigerian Prince email".

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I like this. We can start using Trumped in place of Munsoned.

Reactions: First

HTFOff

Golden Member
Oct 3, 2013
I don't see any paper work or recording in the news to support any of the recent accusations about president Trump.

Just got off the phone with super fucking sources.

The headline checks out.

cnn_3.jpg

xthetenth

Golden Member
Oct 14, 2014
He is and done a lot of things to help the county. Just one example he is getting ms 13 gang off the streets.;)

Is getting is an interesting pronunciation for "Has once blustered about getting", and you'll note the tense disagreement between "is getting" and being able to say he's won.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
He is and done a lot of things to help the county. Just one example he is getting ms 13 gang off the streets.;)

Look who's keeping up on the Trump buzzword of the week. Good job buddy.

As a % how many more MS 13 members are being deported in 2017 vs 2016? For that matter how many illegals are being deported vs last year?

wingman04

May 12, 2016
Nope. I am, however, annoyed that petty children such as yourself treat this country as your sewer, thinking that national and foreign policy are simply your playthings on anonymous internet forums that have no real life consequences.

Maybe when you grow up and learn to own your failure, people will treat you with the respect that you clearly do not yet deserve.
You don't know me. I can see where fake media comes from it's people like you.