What is TheFlyingPig?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

amish

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
UzTta.gif

Reactions: brianmanahan

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
"pretty sure".

Meaning "no, but I feel like talking about this some more cuz I'm bored".
I posted right behind him in that thread....I'm remembering an apology being asked for. You'll have to get a mod to confirm.

And, imo, he got a raw deal. There was a concurrent "troll" thread so he posted accordingly...lost/dead cat...check the buffet or some such.

Hey, shorty, happy new year.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
"pretty sure".

Meaning "no, but I feel like talking about this some more cuz I'm bored".

I didn't want to give names, but if you disagree, I'm pretty sure dennilfloss and shinerburke both had to perform some kind of apology/petition (albeit not necessarily to any particular person, whereas theflyingpig was requested to apologize directly to the dead cat guy) to return. It was part of some amnesty program.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
I didn't want to give names, but if you disagree, I'm pretty sure dennilfloss and shinerburke both had to perform some kind of apology/petition (albeit not necessarily to any particular person, whereas theflyingpig was requested to apologize directly to the dead cat guy) to return. It was part of some amnesty program.

I had to appear before a panel of mods, naked, while begging for forgiveness.

Not really but the mods did have to vote after I pled my case to Derek. And now I outlasted him :)

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009

Not really but the mods did have to vote after I pled my case to Derek. And now I outlasted him :)
Liar. You OFFERED your body, 1st born and EBT card for life.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001

wait.. Derek is no longer #2 guy (behind anand)?!
when did this happen?? and WHY?

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
TFP is the destructor or worlds, king of the trolls. Mods feared him, and one alone could not contain him. So they gathered together in force and banished him to the nether realm, never to return. Or so they thought...
:imp: bump

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
BudAshes on getting-owned memory lane tonight it seems. walking the steps of his old tormentor....

say, isn't it odd how so many of the old threads, which more or less survived all of the previous software turnovers and updates over the years, suddenly disappeared with this latest update? I guess that's what "making things efficient means."

Never mind that shit is as slow as its ever been, let's just erase the history of this community for "reasons to be determined later."

Carson Dyle

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2012
"Hey, boss. Don't kill it. I know exactly what it needs to give it a boost. Some of the newer social media bells and whistles. A little upvoting and downvoting, some user scoring, bigger emojis. We'll do an SEO blitz and be able to sell some more refined ad placements. I swear, if it's not making at least $200 a month by 3Q 2019, you can shut it down."

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
"Hey, boss. Don't kill it. I know exactly what it needs to give it a boost. Some of the newer social media bells and whistles. A little upvoting and downvoting, some user scoring, bigger emojis. We'll do an SEO blitz and be able to sell some more refined ad placements. I swear, if it's not making at least $200 a month by 3Q 2019, you can shut it down."
ala FatWallet?

RIP :(

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
If you cant find someone, they are banned.

If you can find them they could still be on vacation or just fed up and taking a break.

Everyone knows this.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
BudAshes on getting-owned memory lane tonight it seems. walking the steps of his old tormentor....

say, isn't it odd how so many of the old threads, which more or less survived all of the previous software turnovers and updates over the years, suddenly disappeared with this latest update? I guess that's what "making things efficient means."

Never mind that shit is as slow as its ever been, let's just erase the history of this community for "reasons to be determined later."

Maybe with another 90k posts you will finally come up with something interesting enough to say that people will remember who you are as well:sunglasses:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Maybe with another 90k posts you will finally come up with something interesting enough to say that people will remember who you are as well:sunglasses:

Well, I, for one, am not holding out any hopes of that ever happening.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006

90k posts, whoa

if each post took an average of 20 seconds, that's 20 days of life just spent posting on ATOT
ojpc64O.png

i'd say that's time well spent
BLOW5do.png

Reactions: highland145