What is TheFlyingPig?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
believe it or not...I even got a little work done today too.

But I had 1.89 pounds of Chinese take out for lunch and I am losing steam quick :(

I've barely done anything since I got here. I'm signing off for now to get something done before the long weekend. :biggrin:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
LOL haha! What a dick!

He was very caustic most of the time--but the reality with that thread is that most everyone assumed, for pretty clear reasons, that the thread was started as a spam/troll.

It's not obvious in that post, but all of the typical signs were there. OP got a lot of negative responses because of this, not just from TFP.

TFP was always a target, though.

(but some believe that TFP was Perk's alt account, and this was just the mod's plan to kill the character)

Nov 29, 2006
Did anyone mention yet that he used to end his posts with "Everyone knows this"?

Just in case no has mentioned it yet, he used to end his posts with "Everyone knows this."

Yes. Everyone knows this.

Him and GA were 2 of the better posters. I miss them both.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
In his defense, he thought that was a parody post...someone had posted about their dog killing a cat in their yard a few hours prior to the guy whining about his cat.

I hate cats.

OH right, that was it--I remember it being assumed a parody or troll by just about everyone...couldn't remember why. TFP was always direct and took things to the jugular, but pretty much every response at that point was the same thing.

And THAT'S why people disagreed with the vacation-come-ban. Not because we just didn't want to see him gone, really, but because that comment seemed more or less "appropriate" in context... (by parody standards).

granted, I can see the fact that it being real in the end, and still not apologizing....but that was a Catch-22. TFP would never apologize, he would die first. The mystique would die that day (which is what fuels the theory that TFP was, indeed, Perk's account. Such an insidious way to kill him off)

Last edited:

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
OH right, that was it--I remember it being assumed a parody by just about everyone...couldn't remember why. TFP was always direct and took things to the jugular, but pretty much every response at that point was the same thing.

Same reason I gave an a-hole response in the dead pet thread today.....troll sense was tingling from a mile away.

1. Bring up topic that has caused crap in the forums previously? Check

2. Remembrance story involves rolling around on the ground drunk with pet? Check

3. Explain that your pet was so ill it was living in its own waste, attempting to start a "put down" debate? Check

I think many of us tailor our response to a particular subject not only by the poster of the topic, but by the perceived seriousness of the subject as well.

WT

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2000
I'll take 'Banned AT trolls for $1000', Alex !!

-Mosh

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Same reason I gave an a-hole response in the dead pet thread today.....troll sense was tingling from a mile away.

1. Bring up topic that has caused crap in the forums previously? Check

2. Remembrance story involves rolling around on the ground drunk with pet? Check

3. Explain that your pet was so ill it was living in its own waste, attempting to start a "put down" debate? Check

I think many of us tailor our response to a particular subject not only by the poster of the topic, but by the perceived seriousness of the subject as well.

My pet post was genuine and I just decided to post it. No idea about any of this other stuff you are talking about though. Seriously, if I was going to troll (which I stopped long ago) I wouldn't put as much thought into it as you suggest above.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
My pet post was genuine and I just decided to post it. No idea about any of this other stuff you are talking about though. Seriously, if I was going to troll (which I stopped long ago) I wouldn't put as much thought into it as you suggest above.

Hey man, I've been wrong before, I will be wrong again.

But you don't find it a little odd that you are the OP in both threads that reference TFP?

Reactions: shortylickens

natto fire

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2000
TommyGT, cheez, and the various other nonstop "persona" trolls could learn a thing or two from him/her. His/her subtlety and wit are lost on many of today's knuckle-dragging posters. I use the dual pronoun because there is no evidence provided to contradict that TFP was an alt of one our female members, who all seem to have higher than normal intelligence.

edit: sorry didn't read this thread all the way through before posting, I guess it has turned into a pet love thread as an aside? I am not one to go psychotic over pets, but there has been an interesting story in the papers here where I am visiting my grandma in Florida. It was regarding two dogs that are supposed to be euthanized for attacking a child. The psycho pet owner crowd has weighed in their opinion by threatening the lives of county commissioners and shelter volunteers and their families.

So while I do like animals and pets, it is clear to me that some folks have taken that adoration and disconnected their grip on reality. I guess email and social media has made it too easy for these types to voice their warped opinions without the same repercussion as a written letter or face to face. As someone who has gotten drunk and posted stuff here I regret, I can sympathize a bit, but I never remember threatening anyone's life here. The point is that it is too instantaneous and too easy to hide behind anonymity

Last edited:

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
He was very caustic most of the time--but the reality with that thread is that most everyone assumed, for pretty clear reasons, that the thread was started as a spam/troll.

It's not obvious in that post, but all of the typical signs were there. OP got a lot of negative responses because of this, not just from TFP.

TFP was always a target, though.

(but some believe that TFP was Perk's alt account, and this was just the mod's plan to kill the character)
I don't think there is any chance in hell that TFP was Perk's account.

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Hey man, I've been wrong before, I will be wrong again.

But you don't find it a little odd that you are the OP in both threads that reference TFP?

Not really. I asked because I thought someone mentioned it in my pet thread, but I ignored it since I didn't know what it meant. But then I was browsing the forums and saw it mentioned in someone's signature as well, so I asked what it meant. I googled it and found an online store, but figured that wasn't it.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Not really. I asked because I thought someone mentioned it in my pet thread, but I ignored it since I didn't know what it meant. But then I was browsing the forums and saw it mentioned in someone's signature as well, so I asked what it meant. I googled it and found an online store, but figured that wasn't it.

Ah OK. Just strange you would use his catch phrase without knowing any sort of back story....carry on.

North Korea = non event. Everyone knows this. This kid in power is not crazy. He likes basketball. He knows that if they fire a single shot, they are screwed hard this time.

Reactions: shortylickens