What is the manliest thing you have ever done?

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I resisted for an entire 22 years before finally buying a shower pouf.

They're so awesome.

A shower poof?

You have a small effeminate homosexual that you keep in the shower?

Takes all sorts I suppose. At least you'll always have a good supply of scented soaps available and your towels will match.

RPD

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Well in elementary school I broke someone's wrist in soccer, legally. We both kicked the ball at the same time.. He went up in the air and landed on his wrist.

In high school I knocked a defense end unconscious, I had about 20 yards of running a straight line at him while he was chasing our QB that was flushed from the pocket, I was currently running a "flat" route as a TE, and when he scrabbled I when looking for someone to block, I ran over him. he was able to walk to the side lines then passed out.

Lately.. hmm I grew a beard?

Fayd

Diamond Member
Jun 28, 2001
www.manwhoring.com
Well in elementary school I broke someone's wrist in soccer, legally. We both kicked the ball at the same time.. He went up in the air and landed on his wrist.

In high school I knocked a defense end unconscious, I had about 20 yards of running a straight line at him while he was chasing our QB that was flushed from the pocket, I was currently running a "flat" route as a TE, and when he scrabbled I when looking for someone to block, I ran over him. he was able to walk to the side lines then passed out.

Lately.. hmm I grew a beard?

my brother broke his hand on my face.

my face was fine. no bruising even.

zokudu

Diamond Member
Nov 11, 2009
Dug a shelter out of snow while stranded in the mountains in January.

Does being an Eagle Scout count?

mattpegher

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2006
1. Jumped in to a brawl to rescue a 60 year old, 135# bartender from 6 twenty somethings who were going to beat him to death. Through enough guys off to get him back into the club and shut the door.

2. Took a punch from my then drunk girlfriend, by adjusting the angle of my jaw to minimize the impact (she was no wilting flower but rather a brawling biker-chick type) and the manly part ---> I didnt strike back. The shock of the way I took the punch without flinching was enough to piss her off and start her walking home. ( picked her up a mile later, and had to carry her into her apartment she was so toasted)

3. routinely suture my own wounds, sometimes without lidocaine. (about 30 sutures so far)

wischeez

Golden Member
Jan 31, 2004
You have no clue do you:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ0BIVbFGc4

wischeez thanks for your service!

8yrs in for me.

101st.jpg

:thumbsup: And Thanks for your service!

LookBehindYou

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2010
I did a 20 foot rope climb in 6th grade. Got to the top baby!

And slid all the way down without letting go, no gloves, 2nd degree burns all over my palms and fingers. Good times.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
A shower poof?

You have a small effeminate homosexual that you keep in the shower?

Takes all sorts I suppose. At least you'll always have a good supply of scented soaps available and your towels will match.

lol at double-meaning with British slang

:D

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
Caught lobsters with my bare hands by jumping off a catamaran into the water, swimming down to the ocean floor on my own breath, snatching it right up while it tried bolting away.

Swam it up to the surface, climbed back onto the boat and threw that mofo right into some boiling water.

Best damn lobster ever.

Pulled an engine completely out of a MG Midget.

Changed out two radiators on my own, no help.

Rebuilt my differential on my old Tahoe.

Made a baby :p

Last edited:

LookBehindYou

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2010
Have another one.

Was teaching a breaching class using the Broco Tac Torch. Instead of wearing the flame proof space suit, I demoed with no protective gear. Had some molten metal from the torch rods burn through my BDUs and shirt and burn the shit out of my stomach.

Did this in front of 20 troops and never flinched, I don't know if they noticed or not. Man up bitches!

*kjm

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 1999
Have another one.

Was teaching a breaching class using the Broco Tac Torch. Instead of wearing the flame proof space suit, I demoed with no protective gear. Had some molten metal from the torch rods burn through my BDUs and shirt and burn the shit out of my stomach.

Did this in front of 20 troops and never flinched, I don't know if they noticed or not. Man up bitches!

You sir are crazy.... had to hurt like hell:)

LookBehindYou

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2010
You sir are crazy.... had to hurt like hell:)

It did, like you wouldnt believe. I have a very high threshold for pain, but damn. I had to play it off though, or risk embarrassment in front of the troopers that I'd never live down.

hans007

Lifer
Feb 1, 2000
i stood up to some cops when they were illegally harassing and searching my friends.

this led to me being patted down and well searched. i'd do it again though.

RedCOMET

Platinum Member
Jul 8, 2002
Walked myself the block and half to the local hospital's Emergency Room with my brother in tow. I was put into surgery 7 hrs later to have my spleen removed and to fix the internal bleeding.

Recently... not much.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
I drove home with a ruptured spleen from hockey. Something just "felt funny".

20 minutes after it apparently happened I was sweating profusely and I fainted behind the wheel, involuntarily pee'd myself awake while the car was in the middle of the road stopped via handbrake, then kept on going. Had a friend drive me to the hospital after it seemed to be serious though. Then I fainted again while in the wheelchair. Trauma room here I come. Damn it's cold when you have little blood...

Last edited: