What is the manliest thing you have ever done?

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 26, 2005
lol - i work within 1-2' of primary distribution lines 40+hrs a week, even 33 & 66kv lines but not that close.. you hear those fuckers hummin

hoyaguru

Jun 9, 2003
Found out the guy chasing me was a robot from the future, tricked him into falling into molten metal (with some help, I admit), saved the human race from thermonuclear destruction.

Oh yeah, also became a father...

J-Money

Feb 9, 2003
Grinded off a tattoo on my arm of some dumb bitch's name that I met on the internet then rubbed a pile of salt in the wounds.

Felt better than her blowjobs.

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
and did it in the ER not in the field.

Ok, that clears up my main misunderstanding!

I thought that ED thoracotomy was considered pointless in blunt trauma though?

Edit: Not trying to be a smartass here, I'm genuinely curious.

Last edited:

KidNiki1

Platinum Member
Oct 15, 2010
at the start of my sophomore year in college, i was driving up with all my stuff packed in the back of my car. on the highway, going about 65-70 mph, my front right tire blew out. i pulled over, unpacked everything to get to the spare tire and changed my tire by myself. then repacked the car and finished the drive to school. not much, but considering i am a 'chick', that was pretty manly for me. ;)

LookBehindYou

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2010
at the start of my sophomore year in college, i was driving up with all my stuff packed in the back of my car. on the highway, going about 65-70 mph, my front right tire blew out. i pulled over, unpacked everything to get to the spare tire and changed my tire by myself. then repacked the car and finished the drive to school. not much, but considering i am a 'chick', that was pretty manly for me. ;)

Props for being able to change a tire.

My wife once called me with a flat, expected me to come change the tire. After an hour of me repeatedly telling her I wasnt coming to help, she finally fixed it herself. It's amazing what people can do on their own if they just attempt it...

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
It amazes me that people can't change a flat tire. I knew how to do that years before I was old enough to drive. Changing a flat on the shoulder of I-95 is a little scary though...

LookBehindYou

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2010
It amazes me that people can't change a flat tire. I knew how to do that years before I was old enough to drive. Changing a flat on the shoulder of I-95 is a little scary though...

She was at her doctors office, out of danger. I can't stand laziness or people that don't at least try something. Needless to say, when she attempted it, she realized it wasnt hard and was good to go.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
It amazes me that people can't change a flat tire. I knew how to do that years before I was old enough to drive. Changing a flat on the shoulder of I-95 is a majorly stupid though...

Get AAA...I can do major auto work, no way in hell am I changing a tire on the shoulder of I95 when even police with lights on, and construction crews are mowed down.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Fortunately computer PSU's are only 12V, try that with 480V

Was 120AC. I was working on an oddly laid out electrical circuit, and I could not remember if the wire I took out was the supply or the source, so I turned the breaker back on, realized I left my tester upstairs, and touched the wire. ZZZZAP! Was the supply. Touching the -12 and +12 in a psu will give a very mild shock too but nothing really worth mentioning.

I'm not man enough to touch anything above 120 though. :p I was talking with an electrician who works with mostly 600v 3 phase and lower. I asked if he ever got a shock from 600v and how bad it is, he said "it makes you sit down". :p

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca

It's not that it's hard, it's that you may not have the appropriate tools on you not to mention, who wants to go outside their car to fix something when it's -40 with blowing snow? Or screw that, if it's raining or too hot, it equally sucks. Best to just call a tow truck and get it towed to Canadian tire and pay the 40 bucks + the 20 bucks it will cost for them to just fix the existing tire. :p

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
Get AAA...I can do major auto work, no way in hell am I changing a tire on the shoulder of I95 when even police with lights on, and construction crews are mowed down.

I have AAA. Problem is that if I'd called for a truck I would've had to wait for quite a while. I can change a tire in less than ten minutes.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
You have no clue do you:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ0BIVbFGc4

wischeez thanks for your service!

8yrs in for me.

101st.jpg

4 yrs in the 101st for me, 2 tours overseas.

Either that, or a wicked threesome I had with a lesbian couple last year.