What Grade Do you Give Mr Obama for His First 100 Days?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002
Originally posted by: umbrella39
Originally posted by: Fear No Evil
I'm so disapointed in his performance I am calling for his immediate resignation and the complete and total withdraw of his Administration from the capital.

LOL, I call bullshit. One thing Obama will never make you feel is disappointment. That would imply you were willing to give him a chance. It's plain to see that you signed up for a new account here on 11/14 with the sole intent of riding his ass once he took office.

Fear No Evil, not fooling anyone since November '08 :roll:

ding ding ding ding ding. We have a winner. You hit FNE right on the nose.

Your right, he talks as if he gave Obama a chance in the first place.

Aug 23, 2000
Originally posted by: Siddhartha
Originally posted by: sportage
I give Obama nothing cause this is totally retarted to grade on what???
A scale?
Looks?
The first lady?
The new dog?

I didnt notice him walking on water yet... either.
Give the guy a break... and a chance.

However...
I will give this thread an "F"

This thread is just a snap shot to see what the forum thinks about Mr Obama's performance so far.

Well I think we know there are 3 types of people on this forum, those that suck Obama's dick and believe in every word he reads from the teleprompter, Those that hate Obama and think he's a piece of shit and those the lurk and don't post at all.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
O'Bamma has been given a pass for appointing all of the tax cheats he could find. So he has only himself to blame. He has had no real opposition. Everything has been his way, so he is to blame for everything.

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
Originally posted by: retrospooty
Originally posted by: umbrella39
I'm so disapointed in his performance I am calling for his immediate resignation and the complete and total withdraw of his Administration from the capital.

LOL, I call bullshit. One thing Obama will never make you feel is disappointment. That would imply you were willing to give him a chance. It's plain to see that you signed up for a new account here on 11/14 with the sole intent of riding his ass once he took office.

Fear No Evil, not fooling anyone since November '08 :roll:

ding ding ding ding ding. We have a winnar. You hit FNE right on the nose.

Your right, he talks as if he gave Obama a chance in the first place.

fixed

Nov 30, 2006
^ lol...so easily trolled....so easily offended

Anyway, I give BO an incomplete...waiting to see if the economy is going to be stimulated as a direct result of his actions...or if we've just witnessed the biggest Gold Rush on the treasury in recorded history.

JACKDRUID

Nov 28, 2007
A for economic decisions

B for social decisions

C for foreign policy decisions - the continuation of war thing pisses me off

avg = B

JACKDRUID

Nov 28, 2007

you got a P

for Pathetically stupid

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Originally posted by: ericlp
Originally posted by: JD50
I give him a solid "C" --- for all you losers that give him an F. I wonder what you gave bush for his 100 days. He didn't do even a third of what obama has done. Oh well, just remember Obama won, get over it losers. He's been busy and hopefully he will ramp up education, healthcare, and energy programs. Time will tell. I guess I vote right along with Bill Gates.

Also, I didn't vote for him... :D

Hey, loser, you have a great point, Bush didn't spend even a third of what Obama has spent in his first 100 days. Good for Bush.

Just because Obama has done a lot of stuff, doesn't mean that it's good and that people agree with it. Looks like you're in favor of even more spending, that's idiotic.

apparently you are in the minority. You don't like it? you can always leave. Don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out.

It must be pretty depressing knowing that you've become exactly what you hated over the last 8 years.

cumhail

Apr 1, 2003
C

and I voted for him

P.S. (edited in): Ever wonder what that "Add Poll" button does when posting a new topic?

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
Originally posted by: eskimospy
Originally posted by: Budmantom

Obama has spent trillions, the US has lost 2.5 million jobs since the 1st of the year and Obama has "saved or created" 150k jobs :disgust: he has also taken over GM, Chrysler, AIG, Citi etc...

Obama has sent 100's of Democrats running and screaming in NY so he can have a nice Christmas card and apologized to every country for everything that the we have done wrong.

Stop being a moron.

Trying to destroy health care, killing investments going after private citizens...

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Chris
Originally posted by: hiromizu
I give him an A+ not only because he's black and smater than Bush but because he makes change and gives people hope that they need to get through the tough times Republicans created.

Joke post? If not I feel sorry for the future of America.

No joke this is the leftist America, if you want to get a laugh just read all the well thought out responses of what Obama has accomplished in the last 100 days.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I'm pretty mixed personally. I am a liberal democrat, on 90% of the issues I agree with the man and like what he's doing.

Then, a few weeks ago he failed to stand up for the fourth amendment. He argued that the wiretapping would continue blabla. Pretty much the same BS that bush did. The constitution does not grant the president the power to violate the constitutional rights of others during any time, war or not. The warrant-less wiretapping is illegal as it constitutes an illegal search.

Also, I don't like his attitude towards the second amendment. He'll try really hard to bring additional rules and regulations that cause hassles for law abiding Americans who are into firearms.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: JD50

apparently you are in the minority. You don't like it? you can always leave. Don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out.

It must be pretty depressing knowing that you've become exactly what you hated over the last 8 years.

Isn't it a fascinating process to watch? We now have "liberals" telling "conservatives" that they're unpatriotic, telling them leave the country, telling them to shut up and go along quietly with what the majority says, calling for their torture or outright extermination.

The transformation of the Democrat party into fascists is nearly complete.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
A+ with no explanation just to counter the righties giving an F- with no explanation.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Economic policy:Budget is a disaster and stimulus bill costs 230,000 per jobs he claims saved or created. It looks like Bush on steroids which means long term pain and more of the same disasterous economic policy that lead us here. But he is continuing to work through the bank situation which is more vital imo than creating aggregrate demand via govt make work or tax cuts to people who dont pay taxes

D

Foreign policy:I think he snubbed our political allies while trying to embrace regimes we shouldnt waste our time on. But I cant fault him for trying something different and for the time the world community likes him.

C

WoT:Not letting up on AQ by shifting resources from Iraq to Afghanistan. Though unpopular continuing some of Bush's policies. But then shits himself by leaving open the possibility of prosecuting people who wrote a memo.

B

Domestic policy: His process of testing the waters is getting repetitve and boring. Have some lackey issue a statement on a controversial plan and see if the sharks start feeding. If they do toss said lackey into the waters with the sharks. Some of these interventions into business are getting worrisome. And some of the extentions of Bush policies are as well. Then there is the health care reform, green energy initiatives, not embracing nuclear energy, and proposed expansion of govt subsidies to the state university system that will continue the ever increasing costs of education. Hurting those it is supposed to help.

D

Sorry guys no F's to give. Maybe iin 2-4 years he can fail, or maybe he will recieve a better grade.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Originally posted by: Genx87
Economic policy:Budget is a disaster and stimulus bill costs 230,000 per jobs he claims saved or created. It looks like Bush on steroids which means long term pain and more of the same disasterous economic policy that lead us here. But he is continuing to work through the bank situation which is more vital imo than creating aggregrate demand via govt make work or tax cuts to people who dont pay taxes

D

Foreign policy:I think he snubbed our political allies while trying to embrace regimes we shouldnt waste our time on. But I cant fault him for trying something different and for the time the world community likes him.

C

WoT:Not letting up on AQ by shifting resources from Iraq to Afghanistan. Though unpopular continuing some of Bush's policies. But then shits himself by leaving open the possibility of prosecuting people who wrote a memo.

B

The whole $200,000 per job thing is pretty dishonest because it implies that we get nothing else for the money we spend. If we spend $20 million to build a school and only get 100 jobs out of it, that's $200,000 per job... but we also have a school.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002

D

C

B

The whole $200,000 per job thing is pretty dishonest because it implies that we get nothing else for the money we spend. If we spend $20 million to build a school and only get 100 jobs out of it, that's $200,000 per job... but we also have a school.

One of the cornerstone of his stimulus bill is job creation. He brags about 3.5 million jobs it will create\save. Those are his words, not mine. When you spend 800 billion to create 3.5 million jobs it will be used against you.

A school on a local level isnt a job creator but a tool used to teach children. I'd consider what it costs per student it spits out over how many teachers and construction workers were\are employed there.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

One of the cornerstone of his stimulus bill is job creation. He brags about 3.5 million jobs it will create\save. Those are his words, not mine. When you spend 800 billion to create 3.5 million jobs it will be used against you.

A school on a local level isnt a job creator but a tool used to teach children. I'd consider what it costs per student it spits out over how many teachers and construction workers were\are employed there.

The school was just an example. Replace it with just about anything else. A bridge.

Job creation was a cornerstone of his stimulus bill, but he also specifically, loudly, and repeatedly talked about the other things that were being invested in along with the jobs, such as schools, roads, bridges, an updated power grid, etc... etc. In fact, the name of the bill is the 'recovery and reinvestment act'.

I'm sure the number will be used against him, I'm just saying it's not being used in an honest way.

JACKDRUID

Nov 28, 2007

getting people better prepared/educated will help our future generation better compete worldwide.

split the cost to how much more each student will earn due to their education, then you'll realize its a great investment.

cumhail

Apr 1, 2003
Originally posted by: runestone
F-

Look, I gave the guy a C... so it's not like I think he's done a stellar job so far. But these F-'s seem to be based on something other than actual performance. But here's an easy way to find out.

If you gave him an F (or plus or minus), please name two former Presidents you'd give some form of an F to, one you'd give an A, and one you'd give a C.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
A,

I supported him before the Nov election. He was my third choice after Kucinich and Edwards.

In hindsight, I prefer him to Edwards, and he's likely much more effective overall than Kucinich could be - a tradeoff with a few areas I think Kucinich would choose better policies.

Obama is better than I expected, somewhat; I expected very good with some compromises I disagree with, and he's great with some compromises I disagree with.

It's a world of difference between him and McCain, and the country is far better off.