What Grade Do you Give Mr Obama for His First 100 Days?

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
A through F grade scale. Also please note if you supported Mr Obama before the before the November 4 2008 election.

I give him a B. I am not crazy about everything he has done. But considering everything he has on his plate, wars, economic crisis, etc I think he has done pretty well.

I did not support him before the Democratic convention because I did not think he was the strongest candidate at that time. For me it came down to the fact I did not want Mr Mc,Cain and the Republicans running the executive branch.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
As a partisan dem, at least a B. But an A for effort and communicating his addenda with the American people.

quest55720

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004
F

I did not think anyone could waste more money than Bush. Boy was I wrong Obama is setting record after record for spending.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I agree with Lemon -- at least a B. But an A for effort and communicating his addenda with the American people.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
A B for actually getting things done, and an A+ for driving some people completely insane in only 3 months.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
During primary I was afraid that Obama would not get in Republicans face as much as Clinton, so I was big Hillary supporter. Glad I was mostly wrong.
I give him a B, I think he sticking to Paulson's approach too much wrt the banks, giving away too much money, and not taking enough for the taxpayer in return. I think he gave too much to Republicans on the stimulus, so it ended up being more watered down with ineffective taxcuts, and should have had more immediate aid to the states for shovel ready projects. I hope this can be revisited with a filibuster proof majority. I also like how he did away with Bush's emo passive aggressive posturing in foreign policy, where we would only talk to our friends.
Of course the big fight is still to come over healthcare.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Considering the huge FUBAR'd load that got dumped in his lap and how he's kept his sanity dealing with all of it, and how he was accused of doing too much all at once, then not doing enough, then not doing anything at all and on and on and on, I'd say he's done about as good or better than any other person that wanted that job.

A+ for effort, C+ for actual results (albeit premature to grade this area), A for style, wit and charisma, B- getting Congress to back his play.

He is the right guy for the times we're now going through. I cannot imagine any other person who ran for the job being a better fit than Obama at this time.

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
c+, curved to a B+ considering the circumstances. Alot of things i would have liked to have seen done differently, but in general close enough to not be overly distressed about it, except for the tax cut thing, but that was a (foolish) campaign promise.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
A thumbs up sticker... not as good as a smiley face sticker but not at bad as a thumbs down or the dreaded frowny face.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I give Obama nothing cause this is totally retarted to grade on what???
A scale?
Looks?
The first lady?
The new dog?

I didnt notice him walking on water yet... either.
Give the guy a break... and a chance.

However...
I will give this thread an "F"

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
Originally posted by: sportage
I give Obama nothing cause this is totally retarted to grade on what???
A scale?
Looks?
The first lady?
The new dog?

I didnt notice him walking on water yet... either.
Give the guy a break... and a chance.

However...
I will give this thread an "F"

This thread is just a snap shot to see what the forum thinks about Mr Obama's performance so far.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Based only on what has actually happened so far, a B, because not much has happened. After a few years when we've had the chance to see what his actions such as bailouts, stimulus plans and forced bankruptcies have actually done to the US, we'll actually be able to grade him. I wish him luck, but I expect spectactular FFFailure.

MrMatt

Banned
Mar 3, 2009
Originally posted by: Zeppelin2282
D for economic decisions

A for social decisions

C for foreign policy decisions

Wow, I completely agree, I'd give him about a C+ overall. Tough situation with the economy, he's put a temporary fix on that's going to bite us (and our kids) in the ass reeeal soon

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Foreign policy = B for style, way too early to see if he'll follow through.

War in Iraq = D, needs to be much more firm that we are leaving Iraq and doing so shortly. Wavering only leads to more Iraqi and pentagon stalling. If Obama fails to decisively cut the cord, he will be the new LBJ.

War in Afghanistan = D, needs to figure out exactly what the mission aught to be and then decide if the mission is worth the costs. Right now it looks like the mission is drifting toward pacification (whack a mole) which is a no-win for anyone.

Economic policy = C, a B for action, a D for failure to articulate just exactly what it is he is doing.

Social policy = A for working through his campaign promise checklist

Health care, immigration = Incomplete, need to see if he can accomplish anything

Environmental policy = So far, mostly a group project with Obama simply signing off on initiatives Congress had lined up waiting for Bush to leave. He gets an unearned B+. Hopefully we'll see some leadership here.

Homeland Defense = C-, has stayed the course. Obama needs to understand what Bush and the post 9-11 kneejerk Congress have created and take a sledge hammer to DHS before we end up like Russia or Pakistan with the internal security apparatus running the whole show.

Budget and deficit = D, so far continuing to play the Bush game of kick the can. His tax proposals need to be brought in line with his spending proposals.