What Grade Do you Give Mr Obama for His First 100 Days?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Too early to tell on the economy, but I like a lot of what he's done on other stuff. He needs to reign in spending after this recession though.

nobodyknows

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2008
So far he's paid too much attention to the needs of the rich and powerful and not enough to the poor, so he gets a D+.

hiromizu

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
I give him an A+ not only because he's black and smater than Bush but because he makes change and gives people hope that they need to get through the tough times Republicans created.

May 16, 2000
Administrative (appointments, procedural rules, etc): C-
Domestic: B-
Foreign: B+
Economic: D

Overall: C+

About what I figured he'd do. Only disastrous actions have been economic, and he inherited a nearly impossible situation so it's somewhat understandable. I think he'll improve over time somewhat.

theflyingpig

Banned
Mar 9, 2008
Originally posted by: hiromizu
I give him an A+ not only because he's black and smater than Bush but because he makes change and gives people hope that they need to get through the tough times Republicans created.

Interesting. A black man that is smarter than Bush. What exactly do you mean by this? What are you saying about black people in general?

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
Just a regular B.

However, I think a better grading system would be Eagle, Birdie, Par, Bogey, and Bush. :p

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
B to B-

There should be stronger banking regulations by now (especially derivatives). Nothing has been done to prevent a repeat of this financial disaster.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I'd give him a B+ probably. He's done a good job economically and generally a good job foreign policy wise, but he hasn't rolled back as many of Bush's civil liberties and executive power abuses as I would like.

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Overall, I'd give him a D+ or C-. He's done some good things, he's done some bad things, but in just 100 days he's managed to spend more money and expand the size of government more than any president in history. F grade for that.

Mani

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2001
A-. Guy was given a shit sandwich and is doing the best he can under the circumstances.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Originally posted by: Double Trouble
Overall, I'd give him a D+ or C-. He's done some good things, he's done some bad things, but in just 100 days he's managed to spend more money and expand the size of government more than any president in history. F grade for that.

That's completely wrong unless you are choosing to ignore relative inflation and GDP... but I can't imagine why you would do that.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Lets turn the question around and grade the GOP in terms of adjusting to its new and total minority status.

No matter how you cut it, the GOP gets an F minus across the board. Not only did the GOP break it, they now resist any efforts to fix what they broke.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Originally posted by: Lemon law

No matter how you cut it, the GOP gets an F minus across the board. Not only did the GOP break it, they now resist any efforts to fix what they broke.

Sweet, I helped break the ... uh what now?

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003
There is no point in this thread. The partisans will grade based totally on their political beliefs but not on the performance and outcomes so far. Might as well ask which color is the best color in the world.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Originally posted by: Drift3r
There is no point in this thread. The partisans will grade based totally on their political beliefs but not on the performance and outcomes so far. Might as well ask which color is the best color in the world.
The left would say "Is Rainbow a color?" The right would say green... the color of money!

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Originally posted by: Drift3r
So, would both sides be guilty of that or just the one that opposes your beliefs?

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Somebody doesn't like that Obama is receiving barely passing grades :laugh:

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
At least a solid B overall, done a lot of common sense stuff coupled with terribly unfortunate stances on civil liberties. Which, I hope is open to change down the line like his earlier "consideration" of certain health care taxes and especially that private insurance for vets stuff.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Economy = D for passing a bloated stimulus bill

Foreign policy = C so far. Think about it... our friends feel better about us and their relationships with us, but nothing has changed with our enemies and that is the real challenge.

Iraq+Afghanistan = B for making the right decisions even if they are unpopular among his base.

War on terror = D Closing gitmo, releasing the memos, changing the terminology are all meaningless feel good actions that have nothing to do with keeping us safe

Social policy = I for incomplete because nothing has really happened on this front

fiscal policy = F for planning to add trillions more to the deficit

media relations = A+ the media loves the guy, but that may not be a good thing for the people.

I will give him some extra credit for making a lot of people feel better about the country and the economy, but that will only go so far.