What Grade Do you Give Mr Obama for His First 100 Days?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
too early to give grades.

I agree with most of what this adminstration did. Bailouts notwithstanding.

I also do not agree with the telecom getting immunity from wiretapping lawsuits.

Ummmmm I THINK there is another issue that I felt the Administration choose poorly....but it escapes my mind.

BigJelly

Golden Member
Mar 7, 2002
Foreign Policy: D (and showing signs of failure)
Reason: Blame American first and nothing to show for it but increased violence in Iraq, no additional non-US soldiers in Afghanistan, only 1 gitmo detainee has a home in 8 months, signs that he will cancel missile shield, and happy tyrants across the globe.

War on Terror: D (only the pirates saved him from an F)
Reason: He's going after the people that kept us safe and tying the hands of the people that are trying to continue to keep us safe. The CIA, FBI, NSA, etc. moral is at a low and the terrorists and world tyrants are at a high--what more needs to be said. Gets a D because he actually allowed the SEALs to shoot the pirates--yeah they're not terrorists but that shows that when the going gets tough, he MIGHT actually allow our soldiers to shoot back.

Bipartisanship: F (but almost all politicians get this R or Ds)
Reason: Bipartisanship in the democrats' and the media's minds means if the republicans are in power they make concessions with democrats and when democrats are in power the republicans must agree with everything the democrats want. 2 Republicans voted for the "stimulus" bill; Specter doesn't count anymore. 7 democrats voted against it; there was more bipartisan support AGAINST the bill than for the bill. To quote Obama, Pelosi, and Emmanuel:
"Don't think we're not keeping score, brother." -- Obama to Rep. Peter DeFazio, after the Democratic congressman voted against the stimulus bill.
"We won." Pelosi on classic democratic bipartisanship
"Never let a serious crisis go to waste. What I mean by that is it?s an opportunity to do things you couldn?t do before." Emmanuel

Cabinet Picks: F (FFS a tax cheat is in charge of the IRS)
Reason: Tax cheats, extremely corrupt, and extremely partisan (his rightful choice but extremely hypocritical since he tried to make himself look like a moderate). See sig.

Spending, Deficit, and Future Debt: F (the gift that keeps on giving)
Reason: "Stimulus" says it all (see emmanuel's quote above. There's a reason only 2 Reps voted for this and the democrats were/are mad that they alone own the "stimulus" plan because it won't work; that's not to say the economy won't recover but it won't because of increased government spending on government projects. Not like it matters though the democrats and media will cite the stimulus as the reason for getting out of the recession reguardless and the simple minded public will go along with it and eventually believe it. obama's deficit spending is pathetic; yes Obama "inherited" a 1.2T deficit from a Rep president AND A DEM HOUSE AND SENATE, but he turned it into a $1.95T+ deficit (mind you only $250B of the "stimulus" is counted this year) in less than 3 months. His deficit goal of $533B is higher than Bushes HIGHEST deficit. He'll more than double the debt it in 10 years; even after the debt was doubled in the last 10. The republicans were pathetic on the deficit and debt, but the democrats are doing the impossible--making them look like fiscal conservatives. $100,000 is what I'll have to pay on the interest alone--on just obama's debt in my working years. By 2019, we'll be paying $380+ billion a year on interest alone on America?s debt (currently $169 billion a year). Mind you that assumes that our interest rate stays the same; however, we all know that sub-prime loans come with a higher interest rate The scary truth

Domestic Policy (excluding massive spending): C (the higher grade is because he hasn't fvcked it up...yet)
Reason: He looks like he's going to destroy America and the GOP as we know it by making citizens from the 30+ million illegals and do what ever it takes to get the mexicans to become the second block voting slaves that the blacks are to the democrats. This will destroy the GOP in any future national elections and make the illegal problem even worse. Immigration is fine and great; however, the key is INTERGRATION and too many too quickly is bad, but the many illegals have shown little effort in integrating. Socialized healthcare will only be realized to be a disaster after it's too late: only after people realize that they are paying more in taxes for a worse product will they realize why it has been such a failure everywhere else (even the Canadian?s won't have anywhere to go for quick life saving healthcare).

Overall: D (with signs of an upcoming F and being far, far worse than Carter)
Reason: When taxes have to be raised on everyone, people will realize that when you spend like a drunken sailor eventually you have to foot the bill. When America goes bankrupt, he'll take most of the blame and rightly so. Notice I said MOST, not all. Even with a bias press, the people will realize that his spending destroyed this country at a record pace. When we are hit again and/or when Iran has nukes (unless Israel does the job Obama won't), the people will realize once again that appeasement with tyrants doesn't work.

The only solution is for the republicans to get into power in the house, senate, or both in 2010 and reign in this one party government. The only realistic chance is the house in 2010 since 2004 senate will have more Rs then Ds up (18 vs 15) for re-election But, sadly, too much damage will be done by then.

I truly hope I'm wrong. I just hope a 21.6% 401k contribution (I'm trying to get my company to get the Roth 401k) and 5k in my Roth IRA every year will be enough with all the future massive taxes and no social security for me (in 2049 I'll be 65). No I'm not blaming the ponzi scheme known as SS on obama.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
Originally posted by: Drift3r
There is no point in this thread. The partisans will grade based totally on their political beliefs but not on the performance and outcomes so far. Might as well ask which color is the best color in the world.

I started the thread to get some idea of where the forum was in its opinion concerning Mr Obama's performance. I included the question about support for Mr Obama before the election to give focus.

I was willing to bet that there are forum members who have something to say besides lefties vs righties about everything.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Originally posted by: BigJelly
Reason: Blame American first and nothing to show for it but increased violence in Iraq, no additional non-US soldiers in Afghanistan, only 1 gitmo detainee has a home in 8 months, signs that he will cancel missile shield, and happy tyrants across the globe.

Reason: He's going after the people that kept us safe and tying the hands of the people that are trying to continue to keep us safe. The CIA, FBI, NSA, etc. moral is at a low and the terrorists and world tyrants are at a high--what more needs to be said. Gets a D because he actually allowed the SEALs to shoot the pirates--yeah they're not terrorists but that shows that when the going gets tough, he MIGHT actually allow our soldiers to shoot back.

Reason: Bipartisanship in the democrats' and the media's minds means if the republicans are in power they make concessions with democrats and when democrats are in power the republicans must agree with everything the democrats want. 2 Republicans voted for the "stimulus" bill; Specter doesn't count anymore. 7 democrats voted against it; there was more bipartisan support AGAINST the bill than for the bill. To quote Obama, Pelosi, and Emmanuel:
"Don't think we're not keeping score, brother." -- Obama to Rep. Peter DeFazio, after the Democratic congressman voted against the stimulus bill.
"Never let a serious crisis go to waste. What I mean by that is it?s an opportunity to do things you couldn?t do before." Emmanuel

Reason: Tax cheats, extremely corrupt, and extremely partisan (his rightful choice but extremely hypocritical since he tried to make himself look like a moderate). See sig.

Reason: "Stimulus" says it all (see emmanuel's quote above. There's a reason only 2 Reps voted for this and the democrats were/are mad that they alone own the "stimulus" plan because it won't work; that's not to say the economy won't recover but it won't because of increased government spending on government projects. Not like it matters though the democrats and media will cite the stimulus as the reason for getting out of the recession reguardless and the simple minded public will go along with it and eventually believe it. obama's deficit spending is pathetic; yes Obama "inherited" a 1.2T deficit from a Rep president AND A DEM HOUSE AND SENATE, but he turned it into a $1.95T+ deficit (mind you only $250B of the "stimulus" is counted this year) in less than 3 months. His deficit goal of $533B is higher than Bushes HIGHEST deficit. He'll more than double the debt it in 10 years; even after the debt was doubled in the last 10. The republicans were pathetic on the deficit and debt, but the democrats are doing the impossible--making them look like fiscal conservatives. $100,000 is what I'll have to pay on the interest alone--on just obama's debt in my working years. By 2019, we'll be paying $380+ billion a year on interest alone on America?s debt (currently $169 billion a year). Mind you that assumes that our interest rate stays the same; however, we all know that sub-prime loans come with a higher interest rate The scary truth

Domestic Policy (excluding massive spending): C (the higher grade is because he hasn't fvcked it up...yet)
Reason: He looks like he's going to destroy America and the GOP as we know it by making citizens from the 30+ million illegals and do what ever it takes to get the mexicans to become the second block voting slaves that the blacks are to the democrats. This will destroy the GOP in any future national elections and make the illegal problem even worse. Immigration is fine and great; however, the key is INTERGRATION and too many too quickly is bad, but the many illegals have shown little effort in integrating. Socialized healthcare will only be realized to be a disaster after it's too late: only after people realize that they are paying more in taxes for a worse product will they realize why it has been such a failure everywhere else (even the Canadian?s won't have anywhere to go for quick life saving healthcare).

Reason: When taxes have to be raised on everyone, people will realize that when you spend like a drunken sailor eventually you have to foot the bill. When America goes bankrupt, he'll take most of the blame and rightly so. Notice I said MOST, not all. Even with a bias press, the people will realize that his spending destroyed this country at a record pace. When we are hit again and/or when Iran has nukes (unless Israel does the job Obama won't), the people will realize once again that appeasement with tyrants doesn't work.

The only solution is for the republicans to get into power in the house, senate, or both in 2010 and reign in this one party government. The only realistic chance is the house in 2010 since 2004 senate will have more Rs then Ds up (18 vs 15) for re-election But, sadly, too much damage will be done by then.

I truly hope I'm wrong. I just hope a 21.6% 401k contribution (I'm trying to get my company to get the Roth 401k) and 5k in my Roth IRA every year will be enough with all the future massive taxes and no social security for me (in 2049 I'll be 65). No I'm not blaming the ponzi scheme known as SS on obama.
Very, very well put sir. I congratulate you. I have one change I'd make. Not Republicans in the mid-term elections, independents. Neither party can be trusted to do the right thing. Put some folks in the mix that have no allegiance to either of these crooked parties.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Originally posted by: Siddhartha
There is no point in this thread. The partisans will grade based totally on their political beliefs but not on the performance and outcomes so far. Might as well ask which color is the best color in the world.

I started the thread to get some idea of where the forum was in its opinion concerning Mr Obama's performance. I included the question about support for Mr Obama before the election to give focus.

I was willing to bet that there are forum members who have something to say besides lefties vs righties about everything.
I don't see how you could be any more naive.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001

Reason: He looks like he's going to destroy America and the GOP as we know it by making citizens from the 30+ million illegals and do what ever it takes to get the mexicans to become the second block voting slaves that the blacks are to the democrats.

So 1 in 10 people you meet everyday are illegal immigrants? I live in a border city right in the heart of a primary trafficking corridor (southern Arizona) and no where near that percentage here are illegal immigrants. So I'm going to call that 30 million number total bullshit.

BigJelly

Golden Member
Mar 7, 2002
Originally posted by: ironwing

Reason: He looks like he's going to destroy America and the GOP as we know it by making citizens from the 30+ million illegals and do what ever it takes to get the mexicans to become the second block voting slaves that the blacks are to the democrats.

So 1 in 10 people you meet everyday are illegal immigrants? I live in a border city right in the heart of a primary trafficking corridor (southern Arizona) and no where near that percentage here are illegal immigrants. So I'm going to call that 30 million number total bullshit.

The 12+ million illegals currently in America have imediate family in mexico; they will be given citizenship too. They will bring them in to "not split up the families." So 30 million isn't that far off when their families are also brought in after blanket amenesty.

ZeGermans

Banned
Dec 14, 2004

if you killed yourself now you wouldn't have to worry about your precious 401k while thousands die because of you and pieces of shit like you that seem to think that America can do no wrong while being the biggest harbinger of death and destruction in the world

Feb 19, 2001
Obama's doing exactly what Bush would be doing in Iraq right now. In fact, what Bush did for the last 6 months was what Obama would have done too. There's only so much. For those who expected some miracle withdrawl, you were hoping for too much. For this, I give him a C.

Economic? I don't agree with everything he did, but probably a C because I don't agree with everything he did, but he did get a lot done according to the Democrats' philosophy.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Originally posted by: ZeGermans

if you killed yourself now you wouldn't have to worry about your precious 401k while thousands die because of you and pieces of shit like you that seem to think that America can do no wrong while being the biggest harbinger of death and destruction in the world

lol you a freshman in college and you just took your first social studies class?

BrownTown

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2005
C-

He hasn't completely fucked up YET (the economy being bad ain't his fault, but the way he handled it is). However, if he does alot of the socialist programs he is planning on doing it will seriously screw up our country. A president who seems to HATE businesses just can't be a good thing for our economy which is based on free enterprise. I mean I work for a pretty big buisness and the fact that Obama would like to see my company lose money don't exactly make me feel so good.

I see some people talking about how he hasn't broken his promises, but the biggest LIE he made in the whole campaign was saying he wouldn't raise taxes, and he has done just that, whether people want to admit it or not. Spending all this money now will mean raising taxes ALOT in the future, whether Obama does it or not it will be his fault when it happens. Also, his "global warming" stance would raise taxes hundreds of billions.

Andrew1990

Banned
Mar 8, 2008
D

He tried to help but failed too much in my eyes to do any better. He is on Par with Bush I would say.

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008
I'm so disapointed in his performance I am calling for his immediate resignation and the complete and total withdraw of his Administration from the capital.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
Economy = F
Social Issues = B
Foreign Policy = C
Overall = D

Sure the economy was a mess before he took office, but all his economic policies only make the problem worse long term, and it isnt even a sure thing that they will help short term. Odds are they wont help short term, and have disasterious effects long term.

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002
Originally posted by: Fear No Evil
I'm so disapointed in his performance I am calling for his immediate resignation and the complete and total withdraw of his Administration from the capital.

Even you have to give him some leeway for inheriting the worst situation for any president since Roosevelt. Like him or not, he has the toughest job of any pres in the modern ERA (thanks W) and that deserves at least a +1 for degree of difficulty alone.

Based solely on reading your response, I'd say he must have an A+. anything that makes your closet case ass angry is good for the country. Your narrow opinion aside (meaning back to the real world) I would give him a B

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003
Originally posted by: boomerang
So, would both sides be guilty of that or just the one that opposes your beliefs?

My beliefs are irrelevant to the matter at hand. The fact is that this question brings nothing of value outside of outlining who the partisans are in this thread. Yes this means partisans on both sides.

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
I give him a B for executing effectively on his goals. I give him a D on setting goals I think are necessary for the US.

<--- did not vote for him

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: Wreckem
Economy = F
Social Issues = B
Foreign Policy = C
Overall = D

Sure the economy was a mess before he took office, but all his economic policies only make the problem worse long term, and it isnt even a sure thing that they will help short term. Odds are they wont help short term, and have disasterious effects long term.

Why do you speak as if you have any sort of a clue??
You just stated -- but all his economic policies only make the problem worse long term, How do you know? Are you sure? The long term isn`t even close...so how can you be sure??

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Originally posted by: ironwing

The 12+ million illegals currently in America have imediate family in mexico; they will be given citizenship too. They will bring them in to "not split up the families." So 30 million isn't that far off when their families are also brought in after blanket amenesty.

So your grade isn't really based on anything Obama has done or failed to do but instead based on a fantasy scenario you thought up?.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I'll give him a B-. Not everything he's done has made me satisfied, but he's magnitudes better than the F- (or lower if that's possible) that the Cheney admin gets. So far he's shown me he's got more presidential merit in a fingernail than his predecessors did on their best days. Such things are fleeting though, right?

It's hard to look lousy when you follow the worst act ever, but I'm just happy we're not using the highest office in the land solely as the highest paid announcer. I'll get my pitchfork out when he approaches the Bush level of incompetence and imperialistic attitude, abusing his power and letting greed and cronyism eat the government from the inside out.

It will be nice when we get to grade him on his own stuff, not just on his efforts to fix what Cheney/Rumsfeld/Wolfowitz warped almost to the point of breaking (although some would argue they did break a lot; our image, alliances, EPA, Labor, etc etc...)

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
I give him a solid "C" --- for all you losers that give him an F. I wonder what you gave bush for his 100 days. He didn't do even a third of what obama has done. Oh well, just remember Obama won, get over it losers. He's been busy and hopefully he will ramp up education, healthcare, and energy programs. Time will tell. I guess I vote right along with Bill Gates.

Also, I didn't vote for him... :D