What first world problem did you have today?

Page 60 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Went to Dunkin Donuts for an ice-coffee, they were out of jelly donuts so I had to have toasted coconut instead!

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Been at Disney with the family a week and I want to fuckjng punch Mickey Mouse in the face. Could have bought a car with what we spent.
lol You should have stayed self employed and begged off of the trip. That's what I do.

I'll post pics of the new drive and yard. They you'll reall kick yourself in the balls for what you've spent. i know I am.
i have 300$ in amazon gift cards
and nothing i want to buy :(
Quick pix camera?

:biggrin:

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
I finally got my second investment account opened -- wanted to try a different service that's supposedly better -- and first time logging in, I was so effing overwhelmed by the new interface that I closed everything and walked away. Newer one uses a more modern interface with flash, old one is ancient, looks like ass but is so simple.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Went into the bathroom, thought I was alone... I wasn't. Think I talked to myself out loud and flicked some water onto the guy in the stall next to me before realizing. Now I feel bad.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Went into the bathroom, thought I was alone... I wasn't. Think I talked to myself out loud and flicked some water onto the guy in the stall next to me before realizing. Now I feel bad.

dude bro, learn2restroom.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Spilled coffee on my 10 key. Pretty sure it's a bad thing when the paper tape is advancing and it's switched off. Now I'm without coffee and I'll have to use the windows calculator.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I finally got my second investment account opened -- wanted to try a different service that's supposedly better -- and first time logging in, I was so effing overwhelmed by the new interface that I closed everything and walked away. Newer one uses a more modern interface with flash, old one is ancient, looks like ass but is so simple.

Yikes, flash? I would close that account in a flash. :biggrin:

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Wanted an iWatch for use at the gym. iWatch has zero use in practical gym application. At least, without any real app support (which doesn't exist, to my knowledge). =(

Also, I hate the fitness band market that caters to the Planet Fitness "I wanna spend money and feel good about myself, but not actually work out" market. Can't blame them though, it is large.

Xonim

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2011
Parked my new car far out in the parking lot as to avoid door dings. Some jerk parked right next to me ... on my side of the line. There were open spaces everywhere. Have not left work yet to see if damage has been done.

Also, want to buy a new guitar to mess around with. Can't decide if I want the "good enough" model or the "upgrades that would be nice" model. Haven't placed an order because I don't know.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Parked my new car far out in the parking lot as to avoid door dings. Some jerk parked right next to me ... on my side of the line. There were open spaces everywhere. Have not left work yet to see if damage has been done.

you got trolled IRL.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Saw some guy parked way out in the parking lot with his new car. Parked super close to him just to piss him off. Now, I have to walk way out in the parking lot to get to car. =(

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Saw some guy parked way out in the parking lot with his new car. Parked super close to him just to piss him off. Now, I have to walk way out in the parking lot to get to car. =(
Saw the same thing and parked next to him so I could align myself with something I can see (can't see the lines after I pull in). Still failed to align myself properly.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
I had to go grocery shopping. Again.

Because we still don't have the ability to absorb energy from sunlight, or take it in from an electrical outlet, or internalize and incorporate some manner of micro-fusion reactor.

And I'd love to know why this stuff has such an insane lead time.
Edit: Looks like they're still working to fill the insane backlog that resulted from their Kickstarter.

Last edited:

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Found a big bloody booger on a large piece of paper my manager gave me. He's been coughing all week. FML.

unclefred

Banned
Sep 10, 2014
Out of syrup and peanut butter meant nutella on my pancakes. Made my chocolate cheesecake so unimportant.

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
I had to go grocery shopping. Again.

Because we still don't have the ability to absorb energy from sunlight, or take it in from an electrical outlet, or internalize and incorporate some manner of micro-fusion reactor.

And I'd love to know why this stuff has such an insane lead time.
Edit: Looks like they're still working to fill the insane backlog that resulted from their Kickstarter.

Soylent seems interesting, but it's expensive ($4 a meal) for something that probably doesn't taste great.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
The router I took into work blew up, and my boss bought a new Linksys router to replace it. He had it plugged in, but it wasn't working, so I was to set it up in the morning. I got in, logged into the router, and got a page that said it wasn't setup, and the button to do something(forgot what it said) was greyed out(WTF?!). I then ask him for an owners manual which doesn't exist. There's only a setup cd. Sigh... I know this is gonna work awesomely on my Xubuntu desktop. I reboot into XP, put in the cd, and it does something; who the fuck knows what. I can then get to the settings, but it looks like it's pulling in content from external sources WTF?!!!!! again.

I was in a hurry, so I couldn't analyze everything, but I don't like anything about that router. It's bullshit from the very start. I don't want my hardware setup by magic, and I sure as hell don't want to use Windows for anything. Whoever thought that was a good idea should be kicked in the balls... over and over until they fall off :^S