What first world problem did you have today?

Page 865 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Well this time it's UPS who once again fucked up my delivery. I ordered a bed and made sure to unlock the building door and wait by the door all day cause I figured they may need some help carrying up the 80 pound queen platform bed I ordered. Once again they drove right by my building and kept on going like they did 2 weeks ago. I call the local office twice today and nothing was done. Now I have to go through this shit tomorrow. So fucking tired of UPS and Fedex.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Sorry for your loss :(

One might have a slow leak. If the pressures vary by x amount it might trip the sensor.
Thanks spacehead man.
He had a good run, and fought prostate cancer for 12? years. He did not want us to visit in his last days and kept it from us. No service, so we are left with this 'huh' moment.
/derail

Reactions: highland145

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
My assistant had a coronary event in December. Missed a ton of work and got back full time 3 weeks ago. He leaves early twice a week for physical therapy and then every other week he leaves early 3 times, twice for physical therapy and then a doctors appt. He's missing 10 hours per pay period. His part of the work is farther behind than when I was doing everything by myself and I do the lions share.

He just got approved for vacation even though he has no sick or vacation time.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Busted waterline under the tree in front of my office so I can't go in. Nor can my customers. Took years for that tree to get tall enough to not block my sign...and they will plant a new one.

Attachments

• 0506211022.jpg
    0506211022.jpg
    786.4 KB · Views: 32

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Busted waterline under the tree in front of my office so I can't go in. Nor can my customers. Took years for that tree to get tall enough to not block my sign...and they will plant a new one.

Oh Noes...how will you collect your daily quota of souls?
5719.gif

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Neighborhood looks nicer than I expected; I pictured it being full of broken-down cars, fires in barrels, and $10 hookers walking around.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Oh Noes...how will you collect your daily quota of souls?
5719.gif
Oh, don't worry, them souls marked themselves way before me. I just hold a piece of the ticket. ;)
Neighborhood looks nicer than I expected; I pictured it being full of broken-down cars, fires in barrels, and $10 hookers walking around.
Hey, now, my city has been a winter colony for the rich horse people since 1932.

$300 hookers.

Last edited:

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006

The pic is where he works...your description fits where he lives. (he has to keep those working girls in line)

• Haha
Reactions: snoopy7548

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I went a car parts store, and was in line behind a millennial Karen (wearing Crocks and a god-damn fanny pack no less).

He wanted parts to be discounted because he didn't realize they were sold individually, and said their website was confusing. When that didn't work, he said they were were cheaper on Amazon, but he couldn't wait for them to be delivered, so he wanted the store to match the price of some no-name 3rd party seller. When that didn't work, he wanted to talk to the manager because he felt like he deserved a discount because all of the confusion.

I think my oldest son (who was with me) got embarrassed because I said something loud enough for the guy to hear so he'd stop being a Karen and holding up all the people who waiting to be helped (their was only one counter person there).

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
I went a car parts store, and was in line behind a millennial Karen (wearing Crocks and a god-damn fanny pack no less).

He wanted parts to be discounted because he didn't realize they were sold individually, and said their website was confusing. When that didn't work, he said they were were cheaper on Amazon, but he couldn't wait for them to be delivered, so he wanted the store to match the price of some no-name 3rd party seller. When that didn't work, he wanted to talk to the manager because he felt like he deserved a discount because all of the confusion.

I think my oldest son (who was with me) got embarrassed because I said something loud enough for the guy to hear so he'd stop being a Karen and holding up all the people who waiting to be helped (their was only one counter person there).
The entitlement of some people makes me ashamed to be human, sometimes.

Reactions: UsandThem

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
McD app had BoGo on their new chicken sandwich.
so i got the spicy version, which was .20 more because of the sauce.
well, they gave me the order. I saw saw 2 items in the bag so i drove home.
discovered there wasnt any spicy sauce on either one. :(

Grr.....

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
McD app had BoGo on their new chicken sandwich.
so i got the spicy version, which was .20 more because of the sauce.
well, they gave me the order. I saw saw 2 items in the bag so i drove home.
discovered there wasnt any spicy sauce on either one. :(

Grr.....

Joe Pesci said it best...

They fuck you in the drive thru...okay?

• Haha
Reactions: jman19

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
I bought a few doge and they didn't moon.