What are you trying to buy but can't?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
An ounce of good pot would do me probably close to a year. I wouldn't even do a bong hit of good stuff, it's already easy to accidentally get higher than I wanted with one hit from a bubbler. I guess if you're a wake-n-baker, you'd probably go through it faster...

Problem is that storing weed for a year will almost inevitably result in some potency loss even in a quality humidor, also will degrade in the area of taste/scent.

You would just have to learn to smoke faster! :p

This would help... I have the exact bong minus most of the decorations

D69FD315-4B98-4953-8909-624463894B41_1024x.jpg

Last edited:

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I really want to make pot rum!
Fair enough!
Problem is that storing weed for a year will almost inevitably result in some quality loss even in a quality humidor, at least in the area of taste/scent.

You would just have to learn to smoke faster! :p
I'm sure I wouldn't know anything about that, it's not like the last place I lived was next to a legal state.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I'm sure I wouldn't know anything about that, it's not like the last place I lived was next to a legal state.

giphy.gif

I wonder if at some point that will be made an issue of by the Feds?

Its legal in Connecticut now for rec-use (no rec-dispensaries till May 22) and I've had a med card for quite awhile anyway myself, but Mass is right next door and I know of plenty of folks that make a run across state lines every few weeks, for years. (allegedly!)

Hopefully weed will be de-criminalized (at least!) nationally soon... every state in New England aside from NH (de-criminalized) and NJ are all fully legal already though and PA is well on the way.

Last edited:

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Tesla solar panel and Powerwall. Tesla doesn't currently have the solar warehouse or installation team in Georgia necessary to complete the work. I already received the required building permit from my city and the necessary approval from GA Power for the solar project but just waiting on Tesla. I was hoping I could get the Tesla solar panels and Powerwall batteries installed this year but it's looking more like next year right now.

waffleironhead

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Been looking for a livestock trailer for the past year. They are hard to get, and steel prices being what they are most have increased in prices by thousands. Really need one by December or Im stuck trying to load steers into my horse trailer, which isnt ideal.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Tesla solar panel and Powerwall. Tesla doesn't currently have the solar warehouse or installation team in Georgia necessary to complete the work. I already received the required building permit from my city and the necessary approval from GA Power for the solar project but just waiting on Tesla. I was hoping I could get the Tesla solar panels and Powerwall batteries installed this year but it's looking more like next year right now.

Sucks that cities are starting to have lot of red tape with solar now. Guessing you're not allowed to install it yourself?

Honestly not sure what my city's policies are, they do allow DIY electrical but "technically" you're suppose to get it inspected by ESA. Yeah, nobody does that. :p I would assume it's the same with solar. Even if they do require permits I kind of got around that by putting the solar only on my shed though. Sheds don't require permit under a certain size so technically the solar could be exempt too. but maybe not. Easier to ask forgiveness than permission. Recently ran a 40 amp feed to a separate panel in the house too. I only have 400w of solar though, would be nice to add more but don't have much yard space, and my house roof is very awkward to get to as far as taking snow off goes.

Then again if I put any more money into solar I may as well put it on my actual off grid property that I have now. :p It's even tempting to just eventually move the shed stuff to the property really... but it is nice to have power backup at the house. I can run pretty much any load now, tried the table saw and shop vac at same time the other day. Need to add more outlets around the house, and also some small transfer switches for key loads like the furnace.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Customers. Massive flood of fed $ makes me irrelevant for part of my target crowd. $250/kid/mo EITC, back to school EBT, rental assistance, unending unemployment+tax free beloved patriot Joe $.

No wonder we have 5M less workers than pre covid.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Sucks that cities are starting to have lot of red tape with solar now. Guessing you're not allowed to install it yourself?

Honestly not sure what my city's policies are, they do allow DIY electrical but "technically" you're suppose to get it inspected by ESA. Yeah, nobody does that. :p I would assume it's the same with solar. Even if they do require permits I kind of got around that by putting the solar only on my shed though. Sheds don't require permit under a certain size so technically the solar could be exempt too. but maybe not. Easier to ask forgiveness than permission. Recently ran a 40 amp feed to a separate panel in the house too. I only have 400w of solar though, would be nice to add more but don't have much yard space, and my house roof is very awkward to get to as far as taking snow off goes.

Then again if I put any more money into solar I may as well put it on my actual off grid property that I have now. :p It's even tempting to just eventually move the shed stuff to the property really... but it is nice to have power backup at the house. I can run pretty much any load now, tried the table saw and shop vac at same time the other day. Need to add more outlets around the house, and also some small transfer switches for key loads like the furnace.
I don't have the product. Tesla doesn't either because they don't have a warehouse in GA at the moment. They're working on it so if they want to install right now, they have to bring a crew and materials from out of state warehouse, probably Florida. So that's the holdup but Tesla should open new GA warehouse soon so that's what I'm waiting on. I have zero desire to install myself even if I had the product. I want Tesla support and warranty.

I'm getting 12.24 kW system with 2 Powerwalls.

XxL2kWKh.jpg

That should cover 100% of my electricity needs, and I will be my own utility. Then I will be ready for the Cybertruck. Can't wait.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
That's a pretty big system, nice. Should be more than enough to run the whole house. Looks like you have a really nice roof area to work with too. And yeah I guess some of that stuff is hard to get right now.

My roof is very irregular which makes it tricky to do a big system. The left side of the pic is south.

I sometimes contemplate if I should put an array out front though. I have more room to stand back on that side, so not as hard to get to with a long broom for snow clearing, and it's the longest continuous section. I can probably fit around 6 400w modules on there. (just guestimating, have not gone up to measure)

Since our days are so short I don't imagine it would be enough to meet full demand but I could probably get close. I use around 24kwh per day. If anything it could at least cover peek hours.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Battery backup like Powerwall is just as important as solar. Sun doesn’t always shine and it’s nice to have whole house power backup with lithium batteries that’s instant on, silent, and doesn’t require annual maintenance like house backup gas generators.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Yeah if you set it up to also charge from hydro you get the best of both worlds. I had thought of doing that too but never ended up doing it.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Shortwave UV flashlight. The first manufacturing run sold out within a half hour of being announced.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I quad skate regularly. Made my own skates by buying plates and shoes that fit and bolting them together. For shoes I chose high top basketball shoes, Extra-Wide. I bought two pair because I figured I'd need to change those uppers one day. When that day came I discovered that my spare pair had deteriorated just sitting around (Nike). I shopped online and bought high end New Balance and skated them over 10 years until they were crapola. Recently shopped and couldn't find shit, online or in stores. I guess the pandemic is at play, supply just isn't there. I finally found some Skechers (not basketball shoes, more like work or hiking shoes) that seem OK, don't know how long they'll last. They at least make Extra-Wide shoes.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Not really "trying" to buy one more like "want one but not wiling to spend the cash on it because the current market is too much for me to buy one."

And I'm referring to a pinball machine.

I want one, but I don't want to spend the like $4k minimum for a decent one. I'm constantly watching them though to see where the market goes but they keep going up so chances are I won't own one. I just can't justify that kind of money spent on one.
LOL @ this.

I've purchased 2 NIB pinball machines since I posted this.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
I quad skate regularly. Made my own skates by buying plates and shoes that fit and bolting them together. For shoes I chose high top basketball shoes, Extra-Wide. I bought two pair because I figured I'd need to change those uppers one day. When that day came I discovered that my spare pair had deteriorated just sitting around (Nike). I shopped online and bought high end New Balance and skated them over 10 years until they were crapola. Recently shopped and couldn't find shit, online or in stores. I guess the pandemic is at play, supply just isn't there. I finally found some Skechers (not basketball shoes, more like work or hiking shoes) that seem OK, don't know how long they'll last. They at least make Extra-Wide shoes.
I have the opposite problem. I just started getting into inline skating. I have small, narrow feet. I'm currently wearing double socks, one pair is medium thick and one pair is very heavy winter hiking socks. I'm considering adding a third pair, but my feet are already fiery infernos while working out in those two pairs. Even with those two pairs, and the skate laces as tight as they go, I have a hard time learning skills when I move my body and the feet just rotate within the skates without applying any different forces to the wheels.

Maybe I need to get into making my own skates too.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I have the opposite problem. I just started getting into inline skating. I have small, narrow feet. I'm currently wearing double socks, one pair is medium thick and one pair is very heavy winter hiking socks. I'm considering adding a third pair, but my feet are already fiery infernos while working out in those two pairs. Even with those two pairs, and the skate laces as tight as they go, I have a hard time learning skills when I move my body and the feet just rotate within the skates without applying any different forces to the wheels.

Maybe I need to get into making my own skates too.

Have you tried using thicker and/or multiple insoles to raise the footbed some? Might let you get away with only one pair of socks at least.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I'm in the fourth month of waiting for our dishwasher order with no end in sight.