Well, I'll either go fast or destroy it!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

exdeath

Lifer
Jan 29, 2004
very interesting...but why is that?

On top of the valve covers is where every car has them now, do they not? They just aren't under a decorative piece of pointless plastic cover on the Camaro and the high tension lead/boot doesn't run through the valve cover since the plugs are on the side instead of the center.

It's COP but on a OHV engine the plugs are on the side and by the exhaust, where the heavy coils can't just hang there on the plug, and there is little room around the plugs with the (hot) exhaust manifold/header overlapping that area.

It just looks strange to you on a LS1 because the coils look bigger than they are due to the valve covers on a OHV engine not being the size of Noah's arc.

Last edited:

Gillbot

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
It just looks strange to you on a LS1 because the coils look bigger than they are due to the valve covers on a OHV engine not being the size of Noah's arc.

this made me lol and get curious stares from coworkers.

EightySix Four

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2004
I wish, I'm an early adopter and I use LS1Edit. :(

It works though, plus I can't see dropping hundreds more into a tuning suite when what I have does work, albeit dated.

I hear ya, I use HPT for my car because it's the only thing available. Needs more tables :p

TwinsenTacquito

Apr 1, 2010
(spoken) This thread...
*eyes tear up*
(whispered) is my favorite thread.

In the movie they were talking about the intake manifold, the innnnntaaaaaaaaaaake manifold, whyyyyyyyy?! You can't even think about it without laughing. AGH! My diamond plate!

That's it, I've decided! When I get back home and get all the guys in the hood together, we're hijacking the local movie theater and watching the first fast and the furious while drinking ALL the beerz. I bet we never stop laughing. I know you guys notice all the stupid things that happen in that movie, but did you notice that literally everything about cars (everything, not most of it) is completely random and ridiculous? I mean I know you realize that 99% of what they say and do is stupid, but 100%?! It's fucking hilarious! You have to watch the movie while thinking "I'm gonna point out everything they say or do that makes sense." Then the credits roll and you're like "That's that guys real name! That's one thing!"

Last edited:

Gillbot

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
Progress has stalled. :(

Awaiting on three week parts from china, can't afford overnight from japan.

exdeath

Lifer
Jan 29, 2004
Omfg this thread is srsly causing me to consider buying that retarded series for teh lolz, but I couldn't find it in the comedy section.

Gillbot

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
if you accept it as ENTERTAINMENT, it's a great view. Too many people take the things in it too seriously though. And most kids today have NO CLUE on how hard a "10 second car" is to build.

Gillbot

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
I need to get more pics, but progress is slow. I started on the wiring and got the bottle all mounted.