Wedding planning

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lola

Originally posted by: minendo
Originally posted by: Lola
Originally posted by: Squisher
I would rather put out my eyes than have to plan a wedding. My sympathies.

why do men think its such a horrible thing? its not. not in the least.
squisher, have YOU actually planned a wedding ever??

One word of advice to all those that have never had to plan a wedding: DON"T.

Is it really going that bad?!:laugh: enjoy the process!

Nohr

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2001
www.flickr.com
My wife and I got our marriage license and then paid $50 for a Justice of the Peace to marry us in our apartment with one witness. Nice, cheap, and quiet. Although now the mother-in-law lately has been bugging my wife about having a 'second marriage' so that family can attend. F' that..

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001

Being 6 hours away from the town we are getting married in makes it extremely difficult to get things set up. :(

L

Lola

Being 6 hours away from the town we are getting married in makes it extremely difficult to get things set up. :(
I know how you feel... being four time zones apart from our location, its not easy, although much easier than planning a 'real' wedding!!
Have a destination wedding!!

Sundog

Lifer
Nov 20, 2000

I feel your pain. We got married 2000 miles away. Only gave the parents 6 week notice.:p Guess the in-laws didn't mind going to San Diego too much in the middle of winter.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
The problem arises when she want's your "input". Do you like these napkins or those napkins? You are now screwed. If you say, I don't care, you are an insensitive pig who does not care about the most important day of your life.

:)

Some time after we got married, one of my customers was talking about paying for the wedding of his daughter and how it went something crazy like £10k over budget. He showed me a picture of the inside of the tent where the ceremony was going to be held, pointing out all the chairs each having their own... suits? Dresses? Dunno. We laughed and agreed that it was completely absurd. I mentioned the story to my wife later. She said: "You mean these <shows me a picture>? I really wanted those for our wedding".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.