Wedding planning

Status
Not open for further replies.

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Dammit woman I gave you the ring so you'd shut your mouth. Screw this wedding planning bullsh!t.

Thread from 2005 revived by spammer. On the thread listing page of each forum, under the thread title it shows the start date for the thread. This one says:

Wedding planning
minendo, Jan 20, 2005

That should help you to identify necros.

admin allisolm

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Lola

Originally posted by: minendo
Dammit woman I gave you the ring so you'd shut your mouth. Screw this wedding planning bullsh!t.

i had no idea you were getting married.. where have i been?
although i am surpised that you are even a little part of planning!

a late congrats!

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
Originally posted by: russianpower

marriage sucks:(

Jesus, you have never even been outside of your parents basement, wtf are you talking about?

JACKHAMMER

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
I just let my girl pick out WHATEVER she wants. Trust me, it is the best way to do it. I have final say over the budget, but when it comes down to it, it is really her day. Good luck man. :)

laurenlex

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2004
Originally posted by: JACKHAMMER
I just let my girl pick out WHATEVER she wants. Trust me, it is the best way to do it. I have final say over the budget, but when it comes down to it, it is really her day. Good luck man. :)

The problem arises when she want's your "input". Do you like these napkins or those napkins? You are now screwed. If you say, I don't care, you are an insensitive pig who does not care about the most important day of your life.

If you decide to choose a particular napkin, you will either: Pick the same one she likes, and then you are not thinking for yourself and are just placating her.

If you pick the other napkin, the one she does not want, you have problems with taste, style, and culture, and are yet again hosed.

God created wedding planning to give the poor groom some teasers of the problems to come.

Good luck dude, have a :beer:

Ulfwald

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
May 27, 2000
Best thing to do is to say "Honey, while I like the selections of X item, this is your wedding and I want you to be happy. So pick the one that will best go with the decore/theme of our wedding and I will enjoy it because of the smile I will see on you when walk down the isle." I said this to my wife, and she was very happy, but the wallet wasn't.

L

Lola

Originally posted by: Ulfwald
Best thing to do is to say "Honey, while I like the selections of X item, this is your wedding and I want you to be happy. So pick the one that will best go with the decore/theme of our wedding and I will enjoy it because of the smile I will see on you when walk down the isle." I said this to my wife, and she was very happy, but the wallet wasn't.

see, i wouldnt have liked that because i want the Fiancees' imput as he is going to be there too. I know most men dont care about all that crap, but i feel that the guy should make some decessions!

n0cmonkey

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2001
What's to plan? You get in a plane, go to vegas, put on some pants, and find a chapel. Grab a couple of burgers before you go home and you're set.

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: n0cmonkey
What's to plan? You get in a plane, go to vegas, put on some pants, and find a chapel. Grab a couple of burgers before you go home and you're set.

Pants? Why bother?

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000

its alright. The divorce will be much less stressful.

n0cmonkey

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2001
Originally posted by: laurenlex
Originally posted by: JACKHAMMER

The problem arises when she want's your "input". Do you like these napkins or those napkins? You are now screwed. If you say, I don't care, you are an insensitive pig who does not care about the most important day of your life.

If you decide to choose a particular napkin, you will either: Pick the same one she likes, and then you are not thinking for yourself and are just placating her.

If you pick the other napkin, the one she does not want, you have problems with taste, style, and culture, and are yet again hosed.

God created wedding planning to give the poor groom some teasers of the problems to come.

Good luck dude, have a :beer:

Women like that should die early in life.

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
I didn't know you were engaged!

Congrats minendo :beer:

n0cmonkey

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2001

Pants? Why bother?

I don't want a sunburned butt.

shimsham

Lifer
May 9, 2002
the only plans you should be involved in are for the bachelor party, and thats only if your friends suck, or are married themselves.

just tell her you trust her sense in these matters, and you want her to pick out everything because thats her special day. your special day lasts the rest of your life since you get to marry her, the perfect woman. she will eat it up, and maybe even give you a little.

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999

Pants? Why bother?

I don't want a sunburned butt.

:Q

Hyperblaze

Lifer
May 31, 2001
Thankfully, wedddings only happen once in a life time if done right!

Just make sure you have the right girl!

edit: I think when my own wedding comes...i'll just tell her that I want it as simple as possible.

n0cmonkey

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Jero
Thankfully, wedddings only happen once in a life time if done right!

Just make sure you have the right girl!

edit: I think when my own wedding comes...i'll just tell her that I want it as simple as possible.

Jeans and a t-shirt! :cool:

MedicBob

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2001
Do what I did. Brother + shotgun = Wedding. About 1 hour planning. Worked great.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Just elope to a Sandals resort.

Take 15 minutes to plan your wedding:
- where on the resort you want to get married
- what songs you want
- what color flowers you want
- what food you want for dinner

Take 30 minutes to go to town to get the license ready to go.

Have a 15 minute ceremony.

Drink and eat yourselves stupid and lounge around the resort the rest of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.