Watch the U.S. back down to avoid war with China

Page 14 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Lol morons even bombed Japanese waters. They have just been killing milk fish.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
"Morons" conducting live-fire exercise's right off Taiwan practicing an invasion while they're also busy building 100's of landing-craft and transport helicopters in China.

How silly of me to even be concerned..... :rolleyes:

61efa9d6d503a.jpeg

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
"Morons" conducting live-fire exercise's right off Taiwan practicing an invasion while they're also busy building 100's of landing-craft and transport helicopters in China.

How silly of me to even be concerned..... :rolleyes:

61efa9d6d503a.jpeg
Yeap, you are the moron for being concerned. Locals were going on boat rides to watch the fireworks.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Yeap, you are the moron for being concerned. Locals were going on boat rides to watch the fireworks.

They might get to see some real ones.... not immediately but all too soon.

Yes this is "just more business as usual" but that's the freaking problem.

Taiwan scrambles jets as Chinese aircraft cross median line (Reuters)

you are the moron

Takes one to know one chief. ;)

One thing I'm not saying is that China wouldn't have done this same sabre-rattling BS even if Pelosi had not visited. (maybe not with quite the same "enthusiasm" though!)

Last edited:

Denly

Golden Member
May 14, 2011

I see two ways Taiwan united w/ mainland.

1. CCP weaken enough to invite Taiwan back on even term

2. CCP gone and people invite Taiwan back.

I just don't see war as an option for CCP unless Xi carpet bombs Taiwan out of existence. Which Xi likely got killed as soon as he press the button.

Reactions: pmv

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I see two ways Taiwan united w/ mainland.

1. CCP weaken enough to invite Taiwan back on even term

2. CCP gone and people invite Taiwan back.

I just don't see war as an option for CCP unless Xi carpet bombs Taiwan out of existence. Which Xi likely got killed as soon as he press the buttom.

Lets hope Xi agrees with you.... if he goes with option #3 despite it being illogical we all lose.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Seeing that Russians have damaged the cooling infrastructure at the Zaporizhia nuke plant will they now start receiving glowing reviews? 🤔 Inquiring minds want to know. 🤣🤣🤣

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
So I uh, can't help but notice the US did not back down.

I would not call a one day visit an official visit. That seem to me as: "I promised, so I gotta do this. But I'm outta here in the morning."

Most official visit last longer than that.

If the United States was not backing down, she could have stayed two more days.

• Wow
Reactions: feralkid

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I would not call a one day visit an official visit. That seem to me as: "I promised, so I gotta do this. But I'm outta here in the morning."

Oh for fucks sake, man up and admit that you were wrong.

Reactions: feralkid and pmv

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
Nah. I think I will pretend to be one of the posters who claimed Adolf Hitler was executed for his failed coup or that Brittney Griner is actually a prisoner and not a civilian hostage or a bargaining chip as I maintain.

I shall await the replies of rage.

Of course, I was wrong. I am also embarrassed that she hot-footed it out of there after so much media speculation and drama.

According to some, China's "Little Emperor" ship captains are eager to show their mettle against the U.S. Navy. So, I imagine the next official visit may be a Tik-Tok video.

Or perhaps, Trump can stand on his golf course and label the leaders in Beijing spoiled and claim they already make a lot of money as he did with Brittney Griner.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Nah. I think I will pretend to be one of the posters who claimed Adolf Hitler was executed for his failed coup or that Brittney Griner is actually a prisoner and not a civilian hostage or a bargaining chip as I maintain.

I shall await the replies of rage.

Of course, I was wrong. I am also embarrassed that she hot-footed it out of there after so much media speculation and drama.

According to some, China's "Little Emperor" ship captains are eager to show their mettle against the U.S. Navy. So, I imagine the next official visit may be a Tik-Tok video.

Or perhaps, Trump can stand on his golf course and label the leaders in Beijing spoiled and claim they already make a lot of money as he did with Brittney Griner.
Gosh, you're pouty when you're wrong.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005

So visiting the president of Taiwan doesn't count as official visit? You have very strange ideas about diplomacy.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
They might get to see some real ones.... not immediately but all too soon.

Yes this is "just more business as usual" but that's the freaking problem.

Taiwan scrambles jets as Chinese aircraft cross median line (Reuters)

Takes one to know one chief. ;)

One thing I'm not saying is that China wouldn't have done this same sabre-rattling BS even if Pelosi had not visited. (maybe not with quite the same "enthusiasm" though!)

Around Taiwan but in open sea. As in anyone gets to drive there. The Taiwan Straight median line was just a gentlemen's agreement on territorial water. PRC chose not to adhere to it.

Think of it as punks parking on the street in front of your house beating pots and pans.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lezunto

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
So visiting the president of Taiwan doesn't count as official visit? You have very strange ideas about diplomacy.

One day? A Head of State gets one day from our third most powerful leader?

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
How long should it have been?

Gee, I dunno. Maybe the time it takes to polish off two hamburgers, fries and maybe a milkshake. Or they could have dined on traditional Taiwan dishes such as oyster omelets or maybe ice mango and sago.

It really does not matter now. The visit is over.

If it had lasted for three days, half the folks in Beijing might have had a stroke.

• Haha
Reactions: igor_kavinski

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
WTF are you smoking? The President only spends a day or two with heads of other countries, usually 2 or 3 different counties in a weeks time.. not just one. Yet you think Pelosi, who is only powerful when at home as the head of Congress, should equal that of the President? Thanks for the example of pure stupidity.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Lezunto

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
You are completely missing the point. Officially USA recognises the PRC yet Pelosi flew to ROC and met its president. That is what pissed off PRC.