warhammer MMO Review

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

wheresmybacon

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2004
Originally posted by: noto12ious
Originally posted by: JD50

or mind your own business if you can't stand the fact i'm putting wow fangirls in their place :laugh:

edit: mmmm no.

You're not putting anyone in their place, you're just making yourself look like an ass. Your posting on a public message board, so it's everyone's business, and especially the people that were trying to read this thread for info on WAR before you started douching it up.

The AOC community was full of the "ZOMG WOW SUCKS !!!?!?!" people like you, and they ruined it. WAR looks like it's going to be better than AOC, so the least that you could do would be to keep your anti-WOW zealotry out of this game and not ruin the community before it even get's off the ground.

If you want to troll and act like a child, go to OT or P&N. You're going to end up getting this thread locked.

of course i'm putting them in their place.

their failures to even acknowledge wow copying warhammer says it all :)

actually, the Age of cancellations community self imploded because everyone was saying AOC SUCKS!!!!ONEONE!

try again.

the daoc/war community has always been fine , and always will be fine tyvm. it's the wow fangirl community you should be concerned about...sinking the genre into the toilet :)

why are you so angry? were your parents killed by blizzard employees?

noto12ious

Golden Member
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: hungfarover
Originally posted by: JD50

or mind your own business if you can't stand the fact i'm putting wow fangirls in their place :laugh:

edit: mmmm no.

You're not putting anyone in their place, you're just making yourself look like an ass. Your posting on a public message board, so it's everyone's business, and especially the people that were trying to read this thread for info on WAR before you started douching it up.

The AOC community was full of the "ZOMG WOW SUCKS !!!?!?!" people like you, and they ruined it. WAR looks like it's going to be better than AOC, so the least that you could do would be to keep your anti-WOW zealotry out of this game and not ruin the community before it even get's off the ground.

If you want to troll and act like a child, go to OT or P&N. You're going to end up getting this thread locked.

of course i'm putting them in their place.

their failures to even acknowledge wow copying warhammer says it all :)

actually, the Age of cancellations community self imploded because everyone was saying AOC SUCKS!!!!ONEONE!

try again.

the daoc/war community has always been fine , and always will be fine tyvm. it's the wow fangirl community you should be concerned about...sinking the genre into the toilet :)

why are you so angry? were your parents killed by blizzard employees?

i've been smiling the entire time :laugh:

or laughing.

AbAbber2k

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2005
I did both free previews and I'm doing the open beta now. Really enjoying the game. Love the PQs... which surprised me because I'm mostly playing for the RvR. I loved Pre-ToA DAoC... and I think Mythic really hit the nail on the head with WAR. Class balance is surprisingly good for beta. People whine about Bright Wizards, but I regularly stomp their faces into the ground with my Black Orc/Maurader/Chosen. The problem is no one knows how to run an effective group, and even if you do, if you're in a PUG, no one will listen to you. :p Have two chars in the Tier 2 areas, and so far love all the RvR stuff. PvP Lakes, Scenarios, Keep Battles, etc... it's great. Big step up from DAoC.

novasatori

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
Originally posted by: Beev
PvP is repetitive. Always. Always, always, ALWAYS. You encounter another player, use the same combination of buttons (or button, depending) and one of you dies.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Man, that is the dumbest logic I've ever seen, dude you're the biggest tool in this thread.

I love PVE, EQ is one of my favorite games, but PVP is by far less repetitive, just cause you're used to PVP in games like WoW where you go into the same battleground over and over doesn't mean its repetitive.

Try a real PVP game liKe UO/AC/DAoC/SB, its not repetitive at all, and requires infinitely more skill than PVE and I can't believe you say this:

You encounter another player, use the same combination of buttons

PVE is WAY WORSE

Why can PVP content not be patched in as easily as PvE?? Guess what, if a game is devoted to PVP it can be patched in.

Also, WoW PVP is arguably the worst since you can jump around like you've got ADD (which is probably why you don't like it). Try DAoC with autoface (pretty sure it has this still) and you can't really jump.

jwcooper

Oct 25, 2005
Has anyone else found that nobody talks in Warhammer? Is there a global chat or anything? It's eerily quiet wherever I go on my server. Is this common among other servers? (I'm currently Tier 1, level 8)

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Originally posted by: jwcooper
Has anyone else found that nobody talks in Warhammer? Is there a global chat or anything? It's eerily quiet wherever I go on my server. Is this common among other servers? (I'm currently Tier 1, level 8)

I managed to get on my European server lastnight,chat works fine.

jwcooper

Oct 25, 2005
Originally posted by: Mem

Yea, chat works just fine, but nobody seems to be using it. If I'm in a zone, I never see anyone ask a question, or chat for the heck of it. It's bizarre for an MMO for it to be so quiet, IMO.

Malladine

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003

Yea, chat works just fine, but nobody seems to be using it. If I'm in a zone, I never see anyone ask a question, or chat for the heck of it. It's bizarre for an MMO for it to be so quiet, IMO.

i'd rather that than "barrens" chat or anything like that...i end up turning it off anyway when that starts

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000

I guess it depends where you are server wise, I had people asking the usual questions like "how long you been playing beta " ,"where you from" etc...even had group invites within 10 mins of logging on.

noto12ious

Golden Member
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: novasatori
PvP is repetitive. Always. Always, always, ALWAYS. You encounter another player, use the same combination of buttons (or button, depending) and one of you dies.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Man, that is the dumbest logic I've ever seen, dude you're the biggest tool in this thread.

I love PVE, EQ is one of my favorite games, but PVP is by far less repetitive, just cause you're used to PVP in games like WoW where you go into the same battleground over and over doesn't mean its repetitive.

Try a real PVP game liKe UO/AC/DAoC/SB, its not repetitive at all, and requires infinitely more skill than PVE and I can't believe you say this:

You encounter another player, use the same combination of buttons

PVE is WAY WORSE

Why can PVP content not be patched in as easily as PvE?? Guess what, if a game is devoted to PVP it can be patched in.

Also, WoW PVP is arguably the worst since you can jump around like you've got ADD (which is probably why you don't like it). Try DAoC with autoface (pretty sure it has this still) and you can't really jump.

cries of a pve fangirl = :laugh:

Malladine

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003

I guess it depends where you are server wise, I had people asking the usual questions like "how long you been playing beta " ,"where you from" etc...even had group invites within 10 mins of logging on.

What class were you Mem?

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Originally posted by: Malladine

What class were you Mem?

I only played for about 35 mins lastnight since it took GOA that long since Sunday to fix the open beta issues on the European side,anyway I played as a RunePriest, there were quite a few of us (more then I expected),I grouped with two more RPs and one Ironbreaker.

I'll probably make a Shadow Warrior and RunePriest alts come Sunday when the game goes live for CE owners.

novasatori

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003

would you rather people say stuff then be told GO TO THOTTBOT NEWB (obviously not thottbot, but you get the idea)

Reckoner

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
The one thing I really appreciated about DAoC was the mature playerbase. What are the odds we'll have that in this one?

Glitchny

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2002
Originally posted by: Anubis

I don't hate PvP. I hate PvP'ers, because they're elitist pricks

i was going to post that exact same statement LOL

PVPers are basicially the 4channers of online gaming

So true. PvPer's seem to have this innate, undeserved sense of entitlement, and I love it when they cry and cry and cry about lack of content.

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
Originally posted by: Glitchny

So true. PvPer's seem to have this innate, undeserved sense of entitlement, and I love it when they cry and cry and cry about lack of content.

When I was playing GW I noticed it was the opposite, PVE'ers would moan that there wasn't enough for them to do end game. They would also complain about how they should have better gear than everyone else if they spend more time playing. Of course the devs ignored this because it made no sense for a pvp focused game. Why anyone would play GW for pve is beyond me, it was clearly stated by the devs time and time again it is a pvp based game.

But yeah keep thinking only pvp players complain in games if it makes you feel better, it's kind of expected for a pvp player to be annoyed with a pve centric game, and vice versa for a pvp centric game the pve'ers will be annoyed.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005

I don't hate PvE. I hate Raiders, because they're elitist pricks

Raiders are basically the 4channers of online gaming

So true. Raiders seem to have this innate, undeserved sense of entitlement, and I love it when they cry and cry and cry about lack of content.

FTFY

drebo

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006

No one in DAoC ever complained about a lack of content for PvP. Why? Because the dynamic of battle was always changing, dependent upon what other players were doing at the time.

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
Originally posted by: drebo

No one in DAoC ever complained about a lack of content for PvP. Why? Because the dynamic of battle was always changing, dependent upon what other players were doing at the time.

Actually that was the #1 issue when TOA was launched... The PvP was years old and had become stale.

drebo

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
And not 6 months later, they released New Frontiers, which introduced a hundred new PvP dynamics.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: Maleficus
I hope not, I love the Warhammer universe and would hate to see it slaughtered by whatever 'storyline' mythic and the players come up with. It was hard enough watching the Warcraft storyline die, Warhammer... I'm not sure I could stand it.

I hate broccoli. I think I'll go find a message board discissing broccoli and respond to every pro-broccoli point that I hate broccoli.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: brandonb
Originally posted by: Zeppelin2282
Originally posted by: brandonb
They said the same thing about Age of Conan, and it failed.

Making a game exactly like WoW is not a good way to make a successful game. You need to be DIFFERENT, BETTER, and introduce a novel concept such as GAMEPLAY!

Until then.

I still have more fun playing EQ1 than anything introduced since oh lets say. 2001.

lol you obviously haven't played the game.

Which game? Warhammer? You're right. I haven't. But I've heard its just like WoW in a warhammer universe from all the beta players. With a little of DAoC RVR thrown in.

Sounds like a borefest to me.

LOL. enjoy your large serving of crow. :D

Or maybe he should just enjoy pointing out the invalidity of yoru criticism of his post.