US Troops Kill Seven Women and Children at Checkpoint: EDIT 10 Killed Conflicting Accounts of Event

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
Originally posted by: Morph
Now you can hear the story from the civilians who were in the van:

Survivors tell of checkpoint tragedy

I feel very sad for these people. Funny, they don't mention anything about being forced to drive through the checkpoint by Saddam's men. Whatever, I'm not gonna make any more comments on it since I'll just be flamed for being anti-American.

But you are anti-American, aren't you?

cracgor

Banned
Apr 4, 2003
Originally posted by: Phokus
Originally posted by: tec699
Originally posted by: Phokus
OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM: WINNING THE HEARTS AND MINDS OF THOSE AT HOME AND ABROAD

*sniff* *sniff*

I smell another commie

:|

Someone who probably voted for that fascist/communist retard, Bush jr, calling me a 'commie' is probably the biggest irony on the face of the earth.

Personally I love Bush. He is a role model to all of us addicted to alcohol and cocaine. I know I cannot function in society now, but I feel if I give it 20 years I can be president. And my only complaint with Bush are his liberal tendencies. I hope that one day we can know the great leadership of someone similar to a good man like Josef Stalin.

cracgor

Banned
Apr 4, 2003
Originally posted by: SuperTool
Originally posted by: DevilsAdvocate
Originally posted by: BOBDN
Your results are wrong. Electoral vote. Gore 266 Bush 271.
Wrong Leon. Supreme Court Gore 4 Bush 5 Our first Supreme Court appointed resident.

rolleye.gif

If you had read Bush v. Gore, you would know it was not just a 5-4. The justices brought an end to the morass on Constitutional grounds, and there was a 7-2 vote on another issue. It was clear that the Florida Court was grossly overstepping its bounds.

If you look at the recounts, Bush won. He may have lost the popular vote, but he won the electoral count - by 5 votes.

Get over it.

We can get over it, and still use it to bash Bush ;)
Not mutually exclusive at all. You are just going to get over it yourself.
Not that there isn't plenty to bash Bush on besides the election.

By the way I hope you know it is unconstitutional for the Supreme Court to decide on State Affairs. The Supreme Court had no grounds to decide anything. I felt we needed to revote on a national level...I was tired of hearing about ballots turning up in someone's trunk. But you know its too late. Democrats piss me off...they generally have no balls when it comes to bashing and going for the kill when the Republicans are bleeding. Jesse Ventura for President 2004!!!!!

cracgor

Banned
Apr 4, 2003
Originally posted by: sandorski
Originally posted by: Gaard
Originally posted by: Acanthus
Originally posted by: BOBDN
Yes, that's the ticket. We should simply allow Saddam to spend another decade killing his citizens by the hundreds, spitting in the face of UN resolutions, and wait until he develops biological weapons that he can then distribute to terrorists. Simply brilliant! WTG, Morph!

No, we should be there killing hundreds of civilians, spitting in the face of the UN and still unable to find any WMD.

Blix and ElBarradei were keeping Hussein in check with UN sanctioned inspections.

Bush had to escalate unnecessarily to war.

Now we are beginning to see the results of his irresponsible, unsupported action.

They just found thousands of vials of WMDs today, keep talking tard.
Edit: source: every news channel.
Edit2: link

I've read your link. I can't seem to find a reference to thousands of vials of WMD. Could you please point it out to me. I got home from work about an hour ago and have had the news on since I walked in the door. Nobody has mentioned anything about this...I haven't even seen anything pass along the bottom of the screen about it.

Could someone please tell me what this tard, I mean Acanthus, is talking about.

He's talking about the group up in the Kurdish controlled area of Northern Iraq.

He "thinks" it has something to do with Saddam apparently.

Even so, you think they're not going to "find" WMDs regardless of their existence. Believe me they'll turn up. Bush and Rumsfield gave us that guarantee, and they also said they make good on their word...which you can't argue with.

cracgor

Banned
Apr 4, 2003
Originally posted by: lowtech
Life must be grand when you bury your head in the sand and pretend bad things don't happen.
How much you know about war to call someone that against it is burying their head in the sand?

My family members has died under the North Vietnam (VC) guns & jails, and many of my family members has died under French & American bombs. I have been shot at by the VC & bombed on by the American, but luckily I'm still alive today to voice my opion on what war do to civilians & why we are againts the war. While having armchair generals that doesn't have a clue of what war is like that tell & dictating it to us.

:(

I agree. I can't really remember the last time a nation invaded america...i guess we might have a different opinion if it happened often enough.

But I will say it is kinda late to turn around now and say no more war. Lets focus some on the mistakes the administration is going to make in the future and hold them accountable if war turns out to have been a bad decision by replacing them. It seems more important to make this work than to complain about Bush not listening to the public (believe me I don't like Bush at all). Because lets face it therewere two possibilities...war or inspections. I wanted super harsh inspections but got war. So while where over there lets kick some ass and get this finished up asap. I just want to see us go after all the bad guys now (and I mean North Korea, Iran, the Phillipines, and the rest of the list).

Renob

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
US Troops Kill Seven Women and Children at Checkpoint

$hit happens, war is hell and this does not change my view on what were doing over there.

Renob

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
US Troops Kill Seven Women and Children at Checkpoint

$hit happens, war is hell and this does not change my view on what were doing over there.

I think we need to be there.